Thai Landing

Contact 410-727-1234

1207 N Charles St, Baltimore, Maryland, USA, 21201

Serves meat, vegan options available. Thai food restaurant. Offers a separate vegetarian menu section with fake meat, tofu, and vegetable dishes without fish sauce. Items on this menu are vegan except ones that contain egg and are labeled as such. Mon-Fri 11:30am-2:00pm, Mon-Thu 5:00pm-9:00pm, Sun 5:00pm-9:00pm, Fri-Sat 5:00pm-9:30pm

Category: Ovo, Thai, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by shanbogen

Excellent Vegan Options - Edit

This is our favor restaurant, we generally get take out there once every week or two. We usually get the Massaman curry, the Panang curry, or the spicy basil noodles. Each dish is invariably excellent, and usually is two servings. I really recommend the Sri tofu.
They seem to have changed their curry recipe several months ago, and I really recommend you give it a try if you were disappointed in the past.
Two notes: for take out, they are brutally honest about wait times odd they are busy. If they tell you it will be 30+ minutes, don't be surprised at the wait.
Second, in God knows how many visits here, we have had one mistake. It was one of the busy nights I mentioned and after a 40 minute wait they gave us chicken instead of tofu curry. I called to let them know and they had a new order ready in ten minutes. That kind of customer service goes a long way for me.

Veg-friendly Thai - Edit

Rarely have I encountered a Thai restaurant with a separate vegetarian menu. Thai Landing gets bonus points for that. I've been eating here off and on for 10 years and they did not always have this menu, so I was surprised and pleased when it appeared. Sometimes there can be cultural/language issues with ordering vegan in various ethnic restaurants, so any effort a restaurant makes to proactively overcome that by making explicit their vegan options is greatly appreciated.

One of my favorite Thai dishes is Massaman curry, so I'm very happy this is on the vegetarian menu. I get it most of the time, although there are other good meals on the menu, too. The Pad Thai (vegan without the egg) is good and so are the Drunken Noodles, if you're in the mood for spicy. The other curry dishes are also good. As for appetizers, I highly recommend the steamed chive dumplings. Subtle, but delicious.

Service here is variable. If you are seated on the first floor you're likely to get better service, although the second floor seating is arguably more pleasant. Sometimes you can feel forgotten when sitting up there, though. I will say that last time I was there they were unusually busy (Maryland Film Fest weekend) and they could not keep up. We were there for a couple of hours and my meal came probably 30 minutes before my girlfriend's did. Several tables left without getting served. Everyone was waiting a long time for their checks. This, however, was an unusual occurrence. I think they were short-handed and I don't think the owner was there. Regardless, for weekend dining I try to get there well before 7 to avoid any crowds. During the week it's usually fine at any time.

Pros: exclusive veg menu, good portion sizes

Cons: variable service

Nice and Quaint - Edit

I stopped off here to grab some lunch from their Pre-Fixed Lunch Menu. I had the tofu puffs (basically, just fried tofu but comes with a very tasty dipping sauce) and the vegetable pad thai (minus the egg). I enjoyed my meal and would actually consider returning here on a 'date night' as its a lovely little spot with choices clearly marked for both omnivores and herbivores.

Pros: clearly marked menu items, quaint, friendly staff

Cons: street parking could pose an issue

Very good! - Edit

This place is really cool. They mark the vegan options on the menu (and how spicy they are). The dish I ordered was great (even the meat-eaters with me liked it) and they have a tea made with coconut milk that is also awesome. Go for it.

Pros: delicious, nice staff

My Favorite Thai Place - Edit

I love this place for dining in, take-out, or delivery. Very extensive separate vegetarian menu that is mostly vegan. I highly recommend Kang Phed Pet Yang curry, a bit spicy but SO delicious.

Very friendly staff, nice dining atmosphere.

Pros: excellent food, authentic, friendly

Tasty, great veg options, a bit greasy. - Edit

(BTW, the name of the restaurant is 'Thai Landing'. Not Landin.)

I LOVE this restaurant. It's my favorite Thai place in Baltimore. There are a lot of menu items suitable for vegans and everything I've tried has been delicious (especially the drunken noodles && all of the veg appetizers - try the golden fritters - even my meat-eating friends love them). My complaint is that the noodle dishes & any coconut-based dishes tend to be very, very oily. A little too oily. I usually save at least half for leftovers and use tongs to move the noodles etc. into a separate container so that the grease at the bottom doesn't go with them.

They're very friendly and are knowledgeable about vegan and vegetarian diets so if you need accommodation for something, or have a question, just ask!
Updated from previous review on Tuesday April 15, 2014

Pros: Great selection of delicious veg options, Delivery, takeout, or dine-in available, Accommodating to requests

Cons: Greasy

Return to Baltimore Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Thai Landing closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1036 times since Apr 2014.