Thai Erawan Thai Cuisine

• Veg-friendly
Contact 386-677-0999

219 E Granada Blvd, Ormond Beach, Florida, USA, 32176

Serves meat, vegan options available. In a town with no pure vegetarian eateries, you can sometimes try a Thai food restaurant and get a vegetable dish, like a vegetable stir fry. Specify that you are vegan/vegetarian and tell them to omit fish sauce and shrimp paste. Ask for tofu as the protein option. Here, the menu includes sections labeled as "vegetarian corner." Contemporary Thai-themed decor with buddhas and warm gold colors. Open Mon-Sat lunch, Mon-Sun dinner.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Thai, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by brainyblonde

Veg-Vegan Options - Edit

The food is pretty yummy. I just let them know that I have allergies and need to have food with no MSG, gluten Free and no peanuts, because I'm allergic. One issue: I was highly disappointed when I called to make reservations for 8 people and asked for a specific female waitress. When we got to the restaurant a male waiter dominated the scene:the same one that I call Mr. Negative. This particular waiter really causes it to be a downer experience eating at this restaurant: for that particular reason we will no longer return.
Updated from previous review on Wednesday April 27, 2016

Updated from previous review on Wednesday April 27, 2016

Pros: great vegan options, No msg or gluten by request, atmosphere

Cons: male waiter, prices, portion size

Ate it all - Edit

The four of us really enjoyed this Thai food. We had spring rolls to start with. We then each ordered a different tofu dish to share. I ordered the Tofu cashew nut; each order came with a side of rice. Our friendly server made sure the food was vegan by omitting the fish sauce. Nothing was left on the plate and we left the restaurant well satisfied.

Pros: Nice atmosphere, Good service, Good food taste

I got an awful headache every time I ate there! - Edit

We no longer go to this overpriced establishment but even if I got their vegetable soups I would get an awful headache. The only time this has ever happened elsewhere is when I eat MSG at other Asian restaurants and didn't know it. My better half, Dr Mercola isn't Vegetarian and had the fish and the waitress admitted to us that they say it's not farm raised but it really is. The bill is outrageous every time and while the ambiance is ok it's not worth the price or migraine. Even though we're near there in that plaza often we refuse to go in ever again. Oh and we asked if we could replace their awful excuse for a salad (crappy iceberg lettuce) with soup and they say no. even when paying 35 or more for an entree!

Pros: nice ambiance

Cons: i get a migraine when i eat there, wait staff says they lie about the food, won't allow soup sub for crap salad

Return to Ormond Beach Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Thai Erawan Thai Cuisine closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 871 times since Oct 2011.