Thai Cuisine II

Contact 505-232-3200

4201 Central Ave NE (at Nob Hill area), Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA, 87108

Serves meat, vegan options available. Thai food restaurant. While there's the typical meat stuff, it also offers a separate section on menu for vegetable/vegetarian dishes. Offers choice of soy chicken, soy beef and soy pork, soy fish, or soy shrimp. Weekday lunch specials. Cozy atmosphere. Open Mon-Fri 11:00am-9:00pm, Sat-Sun 4:00pm-9:00pm.

Category: Thai, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by Dollii87

Great Vegan Options - Edit

I've been here dozens of times and had a great meal every time. Love all the vegan options and I have always found the staff knowledgeable and friendly. Other than the drinks, this place has good prices too, especially for lunch. The only annoying thing is the variability of the spiciness levels, but I guess that's true at all thai places.

Pros: Number of vegan options, Prices

Excellent option for vegans! - Edit

At first, I was a bit concerned about whether or not this restaurant catered to vegan diets. I did a bit of asking, and it turns out that the dishes pretty much all start out vegan. They don't add fish sauce unless you ask for it, unlike most (non vegan) thai restaurants. You can have tofu or fake meat on any dish. The set lunch is my favorite, especially the melon and tapioca dessert! I also love that you can specify the level of spiciness, from not at all spicy to Thai-spicy! One note: the list of ingredients is not always accurate, so if there is something you are allergic to, it is wise to ask if it is in the dish. The first time I ate there, I neglected to do so, but they willingly remade the dish. Now I always ask!

Wonderful vegan lunch special - Edit

My husband and I were in Abq and starving for some great vegan food. We were not disappointed. Mussaman curry and brown sauce pad (no egg) veggies , but for lunch you get vegan appetizer, soup and dessert along with it all. Spicy but not too hot and too much food, but we ate it all! $20 including tip. Will be back, definirely. Please note they have an entirely separate vegan menu!

Pros: Excellent food, Affordable, Friendly staff

Cons: Small space, but only if busy a problem

Not accommodating - Edit

At first, I thought this restaurant was a keeper. I am presently on a very restricted diet, for medical reasons. In addition to leaning vegan, I cannot have any sugar or fried foods including deep fried. The Thai Cuisine II lunch specials come with egg rolls that are deep fried and finish with a very sweet tapioca. Nothing I could about the latter except to offer it to my friends (though each time they thought it very sweet also). However, for the egg rolls, I asked for a substitution of one spring roll as that is not fried at all. The server happily accommodated me. But the last time I went (and it is the last time), the server, who remembered me from before, told me his boss, the owner, said that this is the last time and would no longer be done. I explained again about my illness and restricted diet and that they would lose a customer plus all the people I brought in each time. The boss/owner never appeared himself and left the server to repeat that I would no longer be accommodated. Also, despite asking for very mild flavoring, another requirement at the present time, that last dish I ordered was quite hot. And I did not find that there was much interest in providing vegan accommodation either. If you are looking for excellent vegan Thai food plus warm hospitality, go to the other side of town to Thai Vegan on Osuna. I just wish they would open a branch in Nob Hill.

Pros: good lunch specials combos, server was friendly

Cons: not accommodating to dietary needs, noisy, requested mild but was quite hot

best vegan dish I've had in new mexico, but - Edit

I was going into this place expecting to be disappointed. But it was really good. The dish was flavourful and the texture was good. The soda was ridiculously priced. $2 for a warm can of DrPeepper and no refills was a little much. Thankfully, the food was really good.
To follow up on this. The whole got to get there before 8 so you don't have an issue with them closing at 9 is annoying. I saw a few people turneed away the other night. They should just list that they close at 8. And the food has not been that good the last few times. Socal still has the market cornered on vegan restaurants in my opinion
Updated from previous review on Sunday July 08, 2012

Pros: vegan menu, great flavor, vegan

Cons: way overpriced cans of soda, kicked out befoe the official close time, small portions

Return to Albuquerque Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Thai Cuisine II closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 666 times since Mar 2012.