Thai Classic Cuisine

• Veg-friendly
Contact 805-541-2025

1011 Higuera St, San Luis Obispo, California, USA, 93401

Serves meat, vegan options available. Another Thai restaurant. Menu has veg dishes with tofu and mock duck. Will accommodate special requests.

Category: Thai, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by veggefatale

Thai Favorite - Edit

This is my top choice for lunch or dinner in SLO. The food is delicious, the portions are big and, and the people are friendly.

My go to dish is "pad thai--tofu, no egg," but I also like the Pad See Ew, the Vegetables and Tofu, and many of the other entrees. Almost any of the noodle dishes can be veganized.

The lunch special is an especially good deal. Along with large portions of one of the regular entrees, you get soup, a small peanut salad, and fried wontons for a price that's less than the dinner price for the entree alone.

The staff will get to know you; every time I go in now, someone brings me chopsticks without me asking and someone else asks me if I brought a book (I sometimes go there by myself to read). It's a generally comfortable atmosphere, although sometimes it's a little chaotic if you sit near the kitchen.

There are some quirks about the place: sometimes the lights go off during the meal (blown fuse?), from time to time the waitresses seem a little gruff, and when it gets busy, service slows down. But overall, I like this place much more than any other Thai restaurant in town, as it's more genuine and tasty than the rest, not to mention much less expensive.

Pros: excellent cuisine, good portion sizes, nice staff

Cons: a tad noisy

AMAZING!!! - Edit

This is one of the best places to eat in town. They can make almost anything on their menu vegan. It's family style-- so bring a friend or friends to share with! Prices are stellar when you're sharing. When ordering off the vegetarian menu, the staff will warn you if something you're ordering has eggs or dairy in it. Plus they're sweet as pie!

Pros: Tasty!, Great service, Inexpensive

Return to San Luis Obispo Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Thai Classic Cuisine closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1354 times since Jul 2008.