Thai China Bistro

Contact 520-325-5185

5121 E Grant Rd, Tucson, Arizona, USA, 85712

Serves meat, vegan options available. Many entrees on menu have a tofu or veggie choice. You can call to get the dishes of the day. Boba tea can be ordered as a slush that is dairy free. If you choose to call in a pick-up order, they have a drive through window. Open Mon-Fri 11:00am-9:00pm, Sat-Sun 12:00pm-9:00pm.

Category: Chinese, Thai, Delivery, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by amarello

Absolutely DELICIOUS! our best meal in Tucson - Edit

While looking online to find a restaurant with VEGAN options for dinner, we stumbled on a review that said Thai China Bistro rocks.
What luck! This cute little place was perfect for our group of eight (vegans and omnis), because we were having fun chatting and not in a hurry. The staff was so friendly and our older waiter was hilarious.

Everything we ordered was amazing, but made fresh to order, so it did take a little bit of time. I think if we had come for lunch the service would have been faster.

about the food: they serve very fancy drinks that everyone loved. We had never tasted boba tea before, it was so fresh and tasty.
For appetizers we had the veggie sushi, everyone loved it.
The main courses we ordered were various curries, pad thai,stir fries, and the Chef's Specialty Soup (pho).
The food was so good we were sharing tastes; if we could go back I would get the pho!!

I'm amazed this place got some bad reviews, but it looks like that was over a year ago - maybe they have new staff now. As it is today, we highly recommend the Thai China Bistro! It was a good value and so yummy.
We would give this place 5 stars if we could!

Pros: delicious vegan options, good prices, friendly staff, nice vibe

Cons: dinner service might be slow

Really Awful - Edit

I have tried this place twice. Once right after it opened and the second time recently. I cannot state this in any plainer terms. The food here is truly awful. Do not waste your money. Go to Char's instead.
Updated from previous review on Sunday November 09, 2014

Cons: Food, Portions

Lots of Delicious Vegan Options - Edit

There were lots of options for me and the staff was very knowledgeable about what was vegan or could be made vegan. I had a sushi roll with fried tofu, avocado, and carrots covered in sesame seeds and a spicy wasabi sauce. And the Pod Prig Sod with tofu. Both were great, and my non-vegan parents were very impressed with the dishes they ordered, as well.

Pros: lots of vegan options, knowledgeable staff, inexpensive

terrible customer service - Edit

Ordered dinner and sent it back after one bite. The manager refused to take it off my bill or get me something else. I had to pay for it!! Can't believe a manager could have such poor customer service. I would never go back!!

Very good - Edit

I went here with two omni friends for lunch. They have $4.99 lunch specials, one of which was vegan (Panang Curry). Delicious and filling lunch for very reasonable price. The curry came with egg roll and your choice of lo mein, fried (not vegan), or steamed rice. I had the Panang curry with lo mein and coconut slushy boba tea - all very good. Can't wait to go back and try something on the china side of the menu.
Updated from previous review on Friday April 25, 2014

Pros: cheap lunch, yummy, many vegan options

Cons: ice cream not vegan

Return to Tucson Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Thai China Bistro closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 863 times since Mar 2014.