Thai-Cambodian Restaurant

• Veg-friendly
Contact 574-289-2877

235 S Michigan St (at downtown), South Bend, Indiana, USA, 46601

Serves meat, vegan options available. Family-run restaurant making traditional Thai food along with Cambodian food, since 2005. While meat-based, one can ask for tofu and to leave out eggs. Does not use fish sauce or meat-broth (except in the coconut soup). Will substitute coconut milk for cream in the Thai iced tea/coffee.

Category: Thai, Take-out, Asian, Cambodian, Non-veg

First Review by alsoens

Only thai in South Bend - Edit

I have been consistently underwhelmed with Cambodia-Thai, but it's the only Thai food in South Bend. Compared to what you'd get in a bigger city, it isn't as good, IMHO. Also, they won't sub fresh tofu for deep-fried tofu in their curries.

Pros: Vegan options

Cons: Not the best Thai food I've had

once is enough - Edit

I hate to say anything negative about a place offering veg options. However, I will not return here. My waiter told me that if there is fish sauce or broth in the stir-fry sauce, that's the only way it comes. When he returned he told me not to worry because it doesn't contain those ingredients. The waitress told the table behind me that everything is made to order so they could have a dish any way they like it. So, I'm not too convinced they are vegan-friendly. I even tried to get the Thai iced tea with a dairy-free alternative and was told that I couldn't. My waiter did bring me plain tea, though. Both my appetizer and entree came out at the same time. Both were full of salt and grease. The tea was über sweet. I was able to dilute the tea with my water, though. Between my food and beverage, I wouldn't be surprised if I've developed type II diabetes/atherosclerosis/hypertension. Needless to say, I won't be back.

Pros: plenty of street parking

Cons: greasy, salty food

Yum - Edit

When I lived in South Bend, I went here as often as possible. I crave their veggie egg rolls all the time, even though now I would opt for their spring rolls. Panang Curry is delicious, as was mixed veggies (?) with tofu. I got hooked on ordering the mixed veggies, so I haven't had much else. Super tiny place with limited seating, and I think a husband and wife run the place. He serves, she cooks. As it says above, you select the protein for every entree, so you can have tofu in anything. Need to visit again soon!

Pros: Tofu option for everything, Egg rolls, Delicious

Cons: Tiny, limited seating

This place is great! - Edit

I go here once a week for the awesome vegetarian potstickers and the fresh Thai spring rolls. We also get the red curry tofu, the coconut milk sauce is addictive. The pad thai and drunken noodles are also tasty (ask for no egg if you are vegan like me). Everything I have tried I have liked.
The staff is friendly, helpful and fun though not plentiful, so it can get busy inside.
I try to get everyone I know to eat here. Once again, I love this food! Order the red curry tofu (mild, unless you really like hot, the medium is hot and the hot is extra hot)and the veggie potstickers.

Pros: yummy, healthy, good portions

Cons: cant get the food on sundays

Return to South Bend Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Thai-Cambodian Restaurant closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1410 times since Jan 2010.