First Review by cannonchick

Decent food with several vegan options - Edit

Decent food with options for vegans and vegetarians. My fiancée and I are vegan and dined with an omnivorous friend and the server guessed that we were vegan and assured us they had vegan options for us.

I had the Yellow Curry and she had the Jungle Curry (Red Curry without coconut milk). The flavor of the Yellow Curry was great but she was less of a fan of the Jungle Curry, it had some strange soap-like after taste. We also split the spring rolls with our friend and those were good.

As a whole, the service was very good and the server was very kind and friendly. I am not sure when we will be back in Lancaster but we if we do return we would check this place out again.

Pros: Good quality food, Vegan Tapioca Dessert Available, Good Service

Cons: Small with not a lot of seating, Not as clean as it could be, Vegan dishes not labeled

Vegan Options - Edit

I like this place but sometimes it's better than others. My favorite things here are the vegan salad with peanut dressing and the coconut tapioca desert. So, even if your meal is just so/so, it starts out good and ends up better. Both are complimentary when you dine in.

Wow! - Edit

Yummy!! First time here and tried the antelope valley healthy and sweet and sour which were both VERY good! My husband even liked it and that is very rare! Will be coming back again

Pros: cheap, many veg options

Cons: small , busy

susielol 31 Jul 2013 - Do they know what vegan means now? When we first became vegan about four years ago, we asked about their vegan options and were assured that what we were ordering was indeed plant-based. The waiter later came by serving us their crispy rice soup and as having eaten the soup before as non-vegans, we questioned whether it was made with chicken broth. They said that it did contain chicken broth but with "no chicken pieces". So we sent it back. We asked about whether our entree contained oyster or fish sauce and the waiter wasn't sure so he talked to the cooks in the back and came back still looking puzzled and said, "yes no meat." Needless to say we haven't been back since. Are they more knowledgeable now?

was about to fix dinner-now must go buy tofu satay - Edit

While it is not a vegetarian restaurant, about half the menu is. They also are very good at making any menu items vegan. (understand about eggs and that fish are not vegetables). The food is consistntly good and frequently excellent. And the peanut sauce...so good!!!

Pros: friendly staff, good food

Return to Lancaster Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Thai Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.