Thai Barcelona

Contact 934879898

Carrera de la Diputacio, 273, Barcelona, Spain, 08007

Serves meat, vegan options available. Upscale Thai food restaurant. Menu includes an extensive veg section with around 17 dishes. Open Mon-Sun 12:00am-12:00am, Mon-Sun 1:00pm-4:00pm, Mon-Sun 8:00pm-12:00am.

Category: Thai, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by Harp

Time and Relative Dimensions in Space - Edit

Any vegan, vegetarian, meat reducing or veggie curious Doctor Who fans will understand this if they go here. For those that don't it has quite a small entrance door but it's absolutely massive on the inside. Why else would they be reading this in the first place if they didn't fall into any of these categories? We walked in to this place at 23:00 after watching the Barcelona Champions League defeat to Atletico Madrid on TV and literally ordered whilst we walked to be shown to our table...."tofu red curry, tofu green curry, rice, sparkling water and a bottle of house white"...Within 10 minutes it was all there on the table ready to go. Perfect, exactly what we wanted. Thai Barcelona is certainly an impressive establishment. Main courses are in the region of €15, house wine €12 and rice €4.50. Both were very good, my only complaint would be that the tofu was a little bit too bland. I like a tofu that soaks up the curry sauce, but this was just a hard type tofu probably cut from a bigger block. Nevertheless, it was good to be here and experience a Thai restaurant for the first time in Barcelona. It's a mystery but we always seem to find a very decent veg friendly Thai place in the cities we visit across Europe usually thanks to Happy Cow.

Updated from previous review on 2016-04-27

Pros: grand interior, vegan friendly, nice toilets

Cons: meat served

OK Thai Food - Edit

Fairly decent Thai restaurant with the usual vegetarian and vegan options, mainly tofu based. Pleasant environment and attentive staff. It was open late and we arrived well after 11 which was no problem, the place was still busy and we only had to wait a few minutes before being seated.

I had spring rolls followed by a spicy stir fry tofu dish with jasmine rice. All quite nice but nothing out of the ordinary and quite pricey. Go for it if you fancy a Thai meal, but I would imagine there are equally good Thai restaurants around the area.

Pros: Decent food, Attentive, Nice environment, Open late

Cons: Limited vegan choice, Expensive, Nothing special

Safest place to eat real Thai food in Barcelona. - Edit

I´ve eaten at Thai Gardens (as they are known here) too many times to count. They have a great value menu of the day at 15euro: spring rolls, red or green curry (not too spicy sadly;) and fruit for dessert. Includes a 25cl bottle of estrella or wine. But my advice is save up and go a la carte! The menu includes a veggie section, and its clear what is, and isn´t vegan. For true Thai flavours I´d rec the Som Tam (green papaya salad), Yum hua Pli (banana flower salad, my fave), Tofu sate, Tom yam hed (spicy mushroom soup), and the Pad Kaprdaw tofu, stir fried with 3 thai basils and green pepper. It´s fresh as. Don´t for get the rice! This is a seriously good place, but don´t go for the red/green curries! For 4 people works out at about 25euro including a few drinks. Share food and save money! And get them to send it all at once, you´ll get more food. ;) Enjoy!

Pros: Atmosphere, Food, Staff

Cons: Um., Er., It´s worth it!

Very good - Edit

If you like thai food and you are a vegetarian/vegan in Barcelona this is the place to go.

We enjoyed Kio Wan Tofu (fried tofu with seasonal vegetables and green curry), Poh Pia (traditional spring rolls) and Pad Metmauang (fried tofu with vegetables, pineapple and cashew nuts). Everything was really good and tasty.

The place is beautiful. The only con is that the price is a little bit expensive.

Pros: Taste, Environment, Location

Cons: Price

Return to Barcelona Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Thai Barcelona closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1939 times since Oct 2013.