Thai 2 Go

207-907-7999

40 Broadway, Bangor, Maine, USA, 04401

Serves meat, vegan options available. Tiny, hole-in-the wall Thai food eatery. Could get your entree with tofu, like a tofu pineapple mango curry. Lunch combo meals are cheaper than a la carte. Open Mon-Sun 11:00am-9:30pm.

Categories: Thai, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by Julie R

fish oil in curry - Edit

i feel so sick. i ordered the curry with tofu and told the lady preparing it how i am vegan and how i found her from happycow. never flinched or told me that the food was not vegan. i got to work to taste it and it taste like curry with fish oil in it. i was puking and puking and so sick after eating this. they have a vegan meal on their menu but otherwise wouldnt trust anything else on their menu even if replaced with tofu!!!

AMAZING! - Edit

AWESOME. Pure and simple, AWESOME!

I was in Bangor and a friend who lives there highly recommended this place, so we went for lunch. It is a very, very small place, sitting in the middle of a gravel parking lot by itself. You walk in and it is nothing special -- 2 little tables and that's about it (I think it might be mostly take-out). The chef comes out and greets you and asks you want you want. I got the tofu / pineapple / mango curry dish (you can get chicken instead of tofu if you are a flesh-eater). Within a few minutes, the chef brings me out probably one of the best meals I have ever had. It was soooo fresh and hot and delicious! It came with perfect white rice and the flavor of my curry dish was exceptional. I loved every bite of it. I wish I had been in Bangor longer so I could have eaten there again.

Don't be scared off by the appearance of the place. It is NO FRILLS, for sure. But, it is definitely a "don't judge a book by it's cover" place. GREAT, GREAT FOOD. You'll love the chef!

Pros: You can sub any meat for TOFU, Charming chef, Fantastic, fresh food

Return to Bangor Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Thai 2 Go closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.