Mexican

Plant based Mexican restaurant serving street tacos, quesadilla, nachos and more. Open Tue-Thu 12:00pm-9:00pm, Fri-Sat 11:00am-9:00pm.

First Review by SissyO

Cliffy618

Points +11

Mostly Veg
25 Feb 2024

So good

I got tacos here last night and I still can’t get over how good they were!

ChristopherC

Points +39

17 Feb 2024

So spicy, so good!

Drove all the way from Nashville just for this place. Worth the drive 100%. I had to order more than I could eat.

littleduck

Points +292

21 Jan 2024

New Favorite!

Wow, this place was dynamite. Amazing food, fun atmosphere, and good cocktails to go along! Staff is friendly and fun.

Omni-approved - my non-vegan partner loved it!

10/10, new favorite, will be back when we're in town!

The only negative thing I have to say is they had banana cream pie scented soap in the bathroom and my hands smelled like candy for hours 😂

Pros: everything

handhoarder

Points +58

14 Jan 2024

Best flavors in the city

Fully vegan, metal based and horror themed—a triple threat. Can’t go wrong with anything on the menu and I love taking advantage of their lunch deal. The rotating specials are also a hit. Tacos, smothered burritos, bowls, nachos, quesadillas, crunchwraps…must I go on

Pros: Incredible flavors, Quick service, Great staff

Eidolon

Points +345

10 Jan 2024

Love It!

I love the theme and I love the food. I am particularly in love with the chalupas. I would eat here every day if I lived in STL. #Veganuary

Pros: Horror decor, All vegan, Delicious

Cons: Closed Sun, Parking can be iffy

JennKub

Points +956

09 Jan 2024

Terroribly good

It’s great! Didn’t get many photos as it was dark but the food was great, there were many options, the staff was friendly and fast, and the atmosphere was fun. I may have been a little spooked by the skeletons in the bathroom, but it was fitting. Lots of character in the decor here.

MatchaMatchaMan

Points +16

30 Nov 2023

Best Restaurant in St. Louis

Unmatched vegan mexican food. You can go a little into the healthy direction but this is primarily a comfort food spot with a huge menu, good drinks, and even some great desserts. Restaurant itself can be loud but the delivery is always great if that suits you better. Staff is always friendly. Have eaten here probably close to 50 times and it never disappoints

Pros: Tacos, Burritos, Nachos

KristenTravis

Points +88

20 Nov 2023

Great food, fun atmosphere, friendly service

Food is flavorful and filling! We ordered a fright of tacos, marinated portobello taco, birria tacos, and a few kid menu items. All the items came piping hot, filling portions and loads of flavor. Each taco had enough sauce and marinade and toppings to get in every bite without making for a soggy tortilla.

Pros: Great flavor, Solid well-done options, Fun atmosphere/service

pinklotusdance

Points +551

06 Nov 2023

Love the decor and theme!

Huge portions the cheese sauce is so good very spicy 🌶️ fun time! If you like spicy pain like I do Terrorise your taco and pay for it later in a good way 🥵

Updated from previous review on 2023-11-05

riceandbeanes

Points +157

05 Nov 2023

Great Food

Food (pickup order) came out pretty late, but everything was tasty.

Pros: Good Taste, Nice Service, All Vegan

Cons: Plastic Utensils, Long Wait Time (pickup)

tan_servo

Points +16

05 Nov 2023

Amazing decor, great spicy AF options, huge portions.

Loved the queso and crunchwraps. You can choose to “terrorize” your taco for an extra dollar for some extreme heat!!

Fridaa

Points +82

27 Oct 2023

Wow!

Awesome food! We had take away ( 2 persons) and got full on 4 tacos and one half loaded nachos. My favorite were tofu terror taco v 2 and basic witch taco.
Highly recommend this place🤗

Updated from previous review on 2023-10-27

Trashlord666

Points +373

19 Oct 2023

TERRORIFIC !!!

i got the fright of tacos for carry out and pretty much devoured them all in my car 🤣. the restaurant had great ambiance and friendly staff!

Pros: it’s all vegan mexican food!!, great ambiance if yr into metal/horror/goth/alt , friendly service and staff

Davesw

Points +3228

31 Aug 2023

Wowed!

Vegan Mexican is one of my favorites, but this place went above and beyond! Huge menu, great flavors and excellent drinks! The horror decor/atmosphere was cool too!

Pros: Huge menu , Great cocktails , Atmosphere

Cons: Kind of loud when busy

JacobOser

Points +27

19 Aug 2023

Amazing Tacos, burritos, and quesadillas

This place a gem. The staff is super friendly, welcoming, and warm. The tacos are superb, especially the Fright Flight. If you like spicy, vegan tacos in a horror themed dining room, this is your place.

ToriG.

Points +90

09 Aug 2023

Incredible!

Absolutely love this place!!

Pros: Food, Atmosphere, Prices

clueless99

Points +46

06 Aug 2023

Absolutely love this place

This place is amazing. I love the themed menu that matched the entire restaurant. Service is always good! They are also nut free

Updated from previous review on 2023-08-06

dawg11girl

Points +22

22 Jul 2023

Great food with a variety

The food was amazing and they have a huge selection of items. Don’t pass the opportunity to eat here.

KateWooley

Points +34

11 Jul 2023

Yum & Fun

Sweat as much as you desire (& non-spicy options) while drinking some liquid death water. On point. Wasn’t there for happy hour or cocktails, but looked good

bsimmonds

Points +118

05 Jul 2023

Terror Tacos Delivers Quality & Quantity

We were blown away by the options at Terror Taco! There are several "base" flavor profiles/proteins that come up in various vegan forms: tacos, quesadillas, crunchy wraps, burritos. The aptly named "Nocturnal Heartburn" delivers all the options mixed together in one giant burrito, though the Buffalo flavor reigned as the main flavor. The mango crunchy wrap was delicious, and I was happy I ordered a side of the chunky, fresh homemade guacamole with it. With leftovers abound, we were set for dinner that evening. I appreciated the outdoor (dog friendly) seating option on a sunny day, and the dark interior also looked like a blast. Servers were kind and helpful. Dont miss this spot!

Pros: Huge vegan menu & portions, Outdoor seating , Great vibe

YajaJuliet

Points +32

24 Jun 2023

Amazing experience ❤️

I came here on vacation and found this amazing place. The food was great and the atmosphere was fantastic.

Pros: Food was delicious , Servers were super friendly , Adorable & Affordable

FlutterPulse

Points +26

Mostly Veg
12 Jun 2023

Terror Tacos never misses

I've tried out several of their tacos (as well as a cheeky Fright of Margaritas) and everything is flavorful and delicious. As a horror fan, I'm obsessed with the atmosphere as well.

CorissaMarie

Points +2873

06 Jun 2023

Not as great as I’d hoped

Only giving higher stars because they are all vegan. While the menu was large, it was the same ingredients just in different forms. My burrito did not have much flavor and my partners crunch wrap was burnt on the bottom. Music was a little much also. Was hoping for a lot better experience😒

DonaldMcAninch

Points +617

Vegetarian
09 May 2023

Weirdly amazing

Very strange theme/atmosphere, but the food is fantastic. Generous portions, great seitan and vegan sour cream. Came with non-vegan friends and they loved it too. Warning: the spicy sauce is intense!

faskom

Points +136

04 May 2023

Tasty tacos

Really cool place with tasty tacos, can absolutely recommend it. Also a few tables to sit outside on a nice day.

dudette

Points +250

26 Apr 2023

Huge Vegan Menu

Delicious food. Nice staff. Fun venue. Huge servings. You can scan a QR code to see and buy all the food which is nice.

ladyxbug

Points +189

16 Apr 2023

So many great options!

Everything was delicious & super filling! The menu is huge & it's great that there are so many options for vegan meat substitutes! Our group's favorites were the birria tacos, taco crunchy wrap, & nachos!

Pros: Variety of vegan meats , Unique vibe