Terri - Financial District

• Friend
Contact 212-742-7901

100 Maiden Ln (entrance on Pearl Street) (at Financial District), New York City, New York, USA, 10038

Terri's 2nd Manhattan location est. 2013, entrance is on Pearl St. Offers vegan sandwiches, wraps, fresh baked goods, fresh juices, and smoothies. Mon-Fri 7:00am-10:00pm, Sat-Sun 10:00am-9:00pm

Category: Vegan, American, Organic, Fast food, Juice bar, Delivery, Take-out, Kosher

First Review by Johnnykt

Pretty good food, but really pricey - Edit

A small place with seating for a only a few people. The food was quite good... a sandwich with coleslaw on it? Awesome. But, wow... this place is expensive! I was hungry, so got a sandwich, side and dessert, along with a drink. It was over $35! The juice alone was $9!!! I'm from Boston, so maybe that price is "normal" for NYC? But I thought it was really expensive for "fast food".

all of the omni sandwiches you've been missing out on! - Edit

amazing $10 pulled pork roll. what a treat. simple shop front. has air con which is a plus in the heat.

Pros: all the stuff you wouldn't normally eat

Cons: no atmosphere to stay and hang out or meet a frien

Average food, big portions - Edit

Terri was a big disappointment and a waste of money.
The place seems quite popular, people coming and going.
They have enough seating for 15 ppl I'd say, but most customers ordered to go.
We tried the southwestern Chicken Melt Grilled Sandwich (presumably one of their most popular), Roasted Sweet Potatoes, Green Power Smoothie, Soup of the Day(Bean Soup).
Portions were very big, we were 2 but food was enough for 3.
The smoothie and the sandwich were ok, the soup I could not eat because of the way it smelled, roasted sweet potatoes were more like boiled and then a bit cooked in the oven, too soft, more like just boiled and not roasted.
Waste of money. I had big expectations because of the good reviews here on Happy Cow but it was a big dissapointment.
Will not be back, sorry.

Pros: all vegan, big portions

Cons: i didn't like the food

yummy vegan fast food - Edit

everything we ordered (almond delight smoothie, kale Caesar salad, southwestern salad, buffalo chicken sandwich, chocolate chip cookie) was delicious, although the buffalo chicken sandwich was my top choice as far as the as-is version goes. could've done without the "chicken" on the kale Caesar (shiitake mushrooms served the chewy part!) and -- at least for me -- there was too much of of a quinoa salad/bbq "chicken" combination in the southwest salad (could've done with half or less of each). regardless, everything tastes great, and even with the limited seating structure we managed to make it work for three. hubby and i agreed on the buffalo chicken sandwich being amazing, and would definitely order again.

Yum Yum! - Edit

Nice bright clean restaurant. Food was delicious and plentiful. I got the Portabella, Roasted Sweet Potatoes, Kale Chips, and Apple Pie. I was very pleased with everything and had plenty to take with me.

Pros: Fast, Clean, Friendly Staff

Cons: Somewhat hard to notice from St, does not advertise as vegan but it is!

Worst sandwich ever - Edit

I tried the meatballs sand which... Worst of my life. Bad quality tomato sauce, the mock meat balls tasted like raw soy. Soy is a great ingredient, but if you don't cook it well it sucks. Maybe I was unlucky and I tried the only bad sandwich of the menu. I will give them second chance, I am pretty sure I will change my mind (hopefully)

Updated from previous review on Tuesday December 01, 2015

Just great - Edit

I'm almost happy that I don't live in New York anymore because I'm pretty sure I would eat here every day and become obese. Not exactly healthy, but absolutely delicious.

Pros: Vegan brownies, Perfect vegan fast food

Clean, nice and simple - Edit

Very nice fast food Vegan place. Plenty of options, the food is good.

Pros: Plenty of options, Very nice and clean

Cons: No restrooms, The dishes are relatively small for their price

Good vegan food - Edit

Nice casual fast-food type vegan place (more on par with Panera type of food). It's quick and affordable (for NY). I had the chickpea tuna melt sandwich and loved it. My husband had the buffalo "chicken" sandwich. He liked the buffalo sauce and bread - thought the "chicken" was too chewy, not a good texture.

We didn't have any, but they had several desserts like cookies and brownies which looked good.

Overall I'd recommend it, but you might have to try a couple of things to see what your favorite is.

wonderful food - Edit

Sandwiches to die for pulled 'pork' was delicious & the meatball sub. The chickpea 'tuna' was out of this world. We had take away & sat a few blocks up in the park. Best vegan food in New York, if we ever get back to USA we will defiantly be back for lunch diner & breakfast

Pros: best sandwiches in New York very filling & great v

Cons: busy at lunch times as it's the financial district

Tasty little eatery - Edit

Offering a range of sandwiches, salads, wraps and pastries, this is a great little find in the financial district.

Many of the options offer the fake meat, my Thanksgiving Tofurkey and cranberry sandwich was very tasty, especially with the addition of pine nuts.

Perhaps a little expensive at $9 per sandwich but filling.

Pros: quick service

Cons: little pricey

Amazing! - Edit

I was very excited to find this place and it did not disappoint! They open at 7 am and are actually ready to help at 7 am and the food is quick, really great breakfast options including sandwiches, shakes, and juices. I've eaten breakfast, lunch, and dinner there while in this business trip! They have the good (but not so good for you) favorites such as chicken cheddar bacon ranch sandwich but they also have healthy options too like a portabello veggie panini so it's really a great place!

vegan takeaway in Manhattan financial district - Edit

From a vegan point of view this should be just the beginning in the financial district. Good food and drinks, delivered fast. Takeaway or some seats to enjoy wile resting.

Pros: All vegan, great variety, perfect organized

Good stuff - Edit

Stopped in yesterday and tried the "chickpea melt" sandwich. Very tasty and filling. Seating is very limited and kind of cramped. This is the only vegan restaurant I've been able to find in the Wall Street area.

Pros: Vegan

Cons: Limited seating

Not Bad - Edit

My family and I were staying in the financial district, during our last trip to NYC. This location was in walking distance, so it was very convenient, and we tried it a few times during the week that we were there. The menu may remind you of Blossom Du Jour, but not quite as tasty. We tried the buffalo chicken sandwich, bacon chicken cheddar ranch sandwich, meatball sub, and the breakfast scramble wrap. We also tried the apple cider donut, and the cookie dough shake. We most enjoyed the meatball sub and the cookie dough shake. The other items weren't extremely impressive, but were fine. My least favorite item was the bacon chicken cheddar ranch sandwich, as it seemed it was under flavored. My only other observation is that it doesn't seem the food is made fresh at this location. My husband's tofu scramble wrap was extremely hot in the middle, giving us the impression that it may have been microwaved, versus prepared on the spot.

Pros: Quick, Vegan

Cons: Not Fresh

Yum!!! - Edit

We had the buffalo chicken sandwich, which was huge and enough of a meal for both of us to share. It was really good. We also had the butterfinger shake, which was amazing. I had to ask to make sure it was all vegan because it just says "vegetarian" on the menus and such. It was fun to sit on the stools at the window and watch the Financial District go by.

Pros: Big portions, Nice place to sit, Great food and desserts

Cons: No bathroom

Great sandwiches!!! - Edit

I love this place for their sandwiches. They have a number of delicious panini style sandwiches with daiya cheese, including a meatball sandwich, buffalo chicken sandwich, ranch chicken sandwich, thanksgiving sandwich, tofu scramble wrap, etc.

Terri also has fresh juices and yummy desserts (think mini cupcakes and brownies).

If you order several items online there is usually a discount! However, the delivery radius is somewhat small.

Terri has another location in the Chelsea, which is just as delicious!

Pros: Great for lunch, Variety of sandwiches, Fresh juice

Amazing Vegan Eats! - Edit

I was so excited to discover Terri's second location in the financial district. The food was fresh, flavorful and delicious. I recommend the butterfinger milk shake, the pulled bbq sandwich and the fresh juice! Yum!

Pros: Great Vegan Food, Healthy Options, Great Location

Pretty good option downtown - Edit

I ordered four times in the week I spent at a downtown hotel. Terri has plainly ripped off Blossom Du Jour, and isn't quite as good, but I was still very grateful for it. The vegan potato salad is outstanding - better than any egg-based one I know of. Main sandwiches are all pretty good - the fake bacon was cardboard, the fake turkey disappointing, but the fake chicken based sandwiches were all excellent. The smoothies were decent too, albeit a bit soya-chewy sometimes, and I suspect they're not freshly made.
Updated from previous review on Tuesday August 27, 2013

Pros: Outstanding potato salad, Free delivery over $15, A good option downtown

good option in FiDi - Edit

Given that Terri's is the only all vegan place in the Financial District, we headed here for lunch while sightseeing in the area. We made it there before the lunch rush and were able to order at the counter before a long line formed. Their entrance is on Pearl Street even though the address is Maiden Lane. There are several bar areas to eat at if staying there. We shared the chickpea tuna melt and the bacon chicken ranch cheddar sandwiches. They were a good size and on tasty soft bread. We also enjoyed their refreshing iced tea. They have many juices and smoothies as well. They are good for a quick lunch of sandwiches, wraps and/or salads.

Pros: only all vegan in FiDi, quick and tasty

Cons: no restroom

Easy and fast - Edit

Terri is a small convenient lunch place in the financial district. I got a great portobell/veggie sandwich and loved it. My non-vegan friend got a "chicken" cesar wrap and really enjoyed it, even though he's not too into vegan food. They have a lot of fake meat options for those who are interested. Not much seating room, but close to Madison Square Park for a picnic!

Pros: fast, delicious, mostly organic and local

Cons: little seating space

Return to New York City Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Terri - Financial District closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 13386 times since Mar 2013.