Terre de Saveurs

Contact 04-90866872

Rue St Michel, Vaucluse, Avignon, France,

Serves meat, vegan options available. Organic food menu offers vegetarian dishes and fish. Vegans could ask for the lasagna made with coconut milk and no cheese. Open Mon-Sun 12:00pm-2:00pm.

Category: Lacto, Ovo, Organic, Beer/Wine, French, Non-veg

First Review by CeeDee

Nice lunch out - Edit

Very attentive service with decent English for those with me who don't speak it. My mother really liked her vegetarian lasagna. I liked the vegetarian couscous, though thought it was missing something (cinnamon, maybe?)- I'd still order it again, though. ;o)
The desserts were great- apricot tart with apricot sorbet and strawberry soup made with local strawberries. They were out of the molten chocolate cake with violet ice cream which we were all dying to try!! I guess we will have to go back to try it.

Pros: good service, good food, large portions

Good place in vegetarian desert - Edit

There are not a lot of vegetarian choices in Avignon. Indeed, most restaurants do not even offer a vegetarian option, much less a vegan option. Terre de Saveurs advertises itself as offering "traditional and vegetarian cuisine," and compared to most vegetarian restaurants throughout the world, the pickings here are rather slim.
On the other hand, they do offer a bunch of vegetarian items, along with some vegan items, and the food is very good and healthy. The service is not great, and this place is not inexpensive. But if you are in Avignon and are a vegetarian or vegan, this place is quite a find.
If you want to find another place nearby, a few things to consider: (a) Zocalo is closed. (b) 5 Senses is not vegan, and very expensive (I did not eat here--5 Senses is a fancy high quality restaurant that offers a vegetarian option, and so if you are not vegan and have plenty of $$$ you might check it out). (c) Some restaurants in Avignon list their fish dishes as vegetarian items--so be alert! (c) There is an organic restaurant called Naturabsolu in nearby Villeneuve Avignon. They were closed when I got there, but my understanding is that they prepare one meal per day, and the meal might (or might not) be vegetarian, so you might want to call in advance.

Pros: Good food, Good location, Not a lot of other options in Avignon

Cons: not inexpensive, not great service

NOT vegan-friendly - Edit

First of all I have to say that this is a very decent restaurant with a great choice of regional dishes and good service. On a different note I don't go along with the classification 'vegan-friendly'. In my oppinion it is rather a conventional restaurant with vegetarian options. We asked twice for some vegan options and were offered onion soup and asparagus as starters and couscous with vegetables as a main dish. It sounded really promising and would have been a delicious choice - for a vegetarian. But we were really disappointed, because the asparagus came with a conventional hollandaise sauce (luckily in a separate bowl) and the onion soup had loads of conventional cheese on top. We decided to leave the non-vegan stuff aside. Unfortunately the couscous with vegetables tasted strongly of butter. Nevertheless we had to pay the full price and only received an apology from the chef. I have to say that we only complained after the startes, because we were so deflated that we didn't feel like complaining again.
To sum things up: Good choice for vegetarians but they don't seem to have understood the vegan philosophy (yet?).

Pros: nice atmosphere, friendly service, good vegetarian options

Cons: wrong declaration as vegan, no understanding of the vegan philosophy, no vegan options

Very disappointing - Edit

I was very excited to be able to eat at a restaurant in Avignon that supposedly catered to vegetarians despite the restaurant being "mixed." That the restaurant was only open for three hours concerned me, so we made sure to get to the place in plenty of time before closing. When we arrived at 2:08pm we were told that we could order dessert but that the kitchen would not serve us anything else. We were told to come back tomorrow. In my broken French I explained that we made a special trip, were only in Avignon one day, but we were turned away despite this.

Warning, this restaurant is only open from 12 until 2 if you would like a meal.

Fortunately, we wandered up the street looking for food in Avignon and came upon a delightful restaurant called Zocalo where the service was great and it catered to vegetarians and vegans. Please see the review!

Pros: pretty decor, uses local produce

Cons: very limited hours, not willing to accomodate visitors

2 Responses

Return to Avignon Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Terre de Saveurs closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2779 times since Aug 2007.