Terra Ristorante Vegetariano

Vicolo Franscesco Della Ratta, 7, Caserta, Italy

A little restaurant close to Real Palace (Reggia) in Caserta. Offers traditional old recipes cooked with organic products of the region. Has vegan options. Soft, warm atmosphere. Seasonal menu changes daily. Wi-fi. Open Mon 8:00am-12:00am, Wed-Sun 8:00am-12:00am.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Italian, Organic

First Review by zuleika

Satisfying GF Vegan options - Edit

I have eaten here twice. Both times leaving full and satisfied. The waitress even remembered I was vegan and gluten free, and ran off to mark the menu. Both times, there were 5 things that were both vegan and gluten free (there were more items that were just one or the other) and we ordered all 5 and shared them between 2 of us. And then ordered another bowl of soup at the end because it was so good.

Favorite dishes: the onion soup, the chickpea soup, and the peppercorn rice dish. The warm spinach with dried fruit was also good. The artichoke with mint was ok and the broccoli with olives was a fun taste of Italian Christmas.

The space was small and filed up with what I assumed were locals, making it feel intimate and homey. It was decorated cute for the holidays. In late December, it was a little drafty so dress warm.

Pros: Warm savory gf vegan options, Service, Healthy yet satisfying

Cons: Drafty

I signed up to review terra - Edit

Superb.hard to find. (90 degrees from the home brew supplies) but worth the effort. Absolutely wonderful food opens at 8pm and perfect for vegetarians who want an alternative to pizza and pasta.

Pros: Good food

Cons: Hard to find no signs

Delicious vegan-friendly food in Caserta - Edit

I wish I'd known about Terra earlier. Located north of Naples in Caserta, it was a great way to finish off a day trip to the Caserta palace.

We arrived early by local standards at 7:45 pm, and were able to sit down but not order until after 8. We had the place to ourselves until closer to 10pm, when the restaurant became much livelier. Our server was friendly, spoke English well enough to meet our mediocre Italian halfway, and was happy to take the menu back for the chef to star the items that were vegan. (probably at least half of them were) For vegans in this area, eating out is generally easy, until you want a second course / some protein, so it was nice to find an exclusively veg place that offers vegan secondi.

The starters were delicious - we had a trio of unusual bruschetta (I think one was pumpkin, another zucchini, and a third traditional) and a phenomenal cone full of tempura vegetables. For primi we enjoyed white beans and a risotto - good, but probably the least standout of the items we tasted. This was a little surprising in retrospect, since everything else was delicious and it's generally very easy to find a variety of traditional primi that are vegan or easily veganizable in this area. For our secondi we both ordered the seitan alla Venezie, which means with caramelized onions, and we both loved it. The selection of natural (organic, probably?) beers was interesting as well and the German one we tried was very good.

Ambience was nice. The restaurant itself is quiet and tucked away a bit on side streets - we were lucky to snag a spot near a busier square and walked 1/4-1/2 mile or so. At a busier time it might be advisable to park in a lot, since the city center area is traffic-limited. Disabled people might have a trickier time getting to the restaurant, unless there's a way legally to park closer.
Updated from previous review on Sunday August 03, 2014

Pros: most food was excellent, vegan friendly

Cons: hard to park very close

Return to Caserta Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Terra Ristorante Vegetariano closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.