Terra Restaurante Natural

Rua da Palmeira, 15, Lisbon, Portugal, 1200-311

Terra, meaning "Earth," prepared dishes with flavors of Portuguese and Mediterranean traditions. Food is presented in a buffet consisting of dishes like sushi, curry, veggie kebabs, and shoarma by way of salads and veg versions of traditional Portuguese. Juice, soft drinks, beer, Mevushal, non-Mevushal kosher wine, and desserts. Set in an old building with a garden. A shop sells fair trade artifacts, bio snacks, incense, soaps. Directions: ask to go to Jardim do Príncipe Real. Open Tue-Sun 12:30pm-3:00pm, Tue-Sun 7:30pm-10:30pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Organic, Buffet, Salad bar, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Take-out, European, Portuguese

First Review by lunamagae

Great Food with Beautiful Outdoor Seating - Edit

What makes this place great is not just the food, but the customer service. We arrived early to put our name down for a party of 4. Rui was kind enough to save us a table in their outdoor garden, and despite our friends being late, saved us the table from other customers taking the seat. Awesome customer service!

While not all of the dishes in their buffet were vegan, the choices were excellent and we all went back for seconds!

Pros: Romantic outdoor seating, Diverse set of choices , Great customer service

Cons: Not all vegan, some vegetarian, Can get busy, reserve for outdoor seating

Still great! - Edit

I've been going to "Terra" since it opened some years ago. It is always a pleasure. What I like the most are the traditional dishes, with all the traditional flavours, but without meat or fish (I find that amazing). I do not try everything in the buffet - some raw salads just don't appeal to my eyes (I have a rather basic taste when it comes to different green leaves). I'm looking forward to my next visit, as soon as possible!

Since I wrote the previous paragraph I've been to "Terra" many times, the last one today. The only negative part was that the restaurant was so crowded that the queue to the buffet was longer than usual, but the time had something to do with it - I usually arrive at opening hours and today it was past 1 o'clock.

Updated from previous review on 2013-03-17

Pros: Great food, Great environment, Beautiful garden

Cons: Narrow space next to the buffet

Delicious food but expensive - Edit

The food is really good at Terra. They present a variety of main dishes and entrées and the overall environment is very welcoming. However, it is quite expensive, especially for locals. The buffet comes at about 15 euros per person, which in my opinion is a bit too much. Still, as previously stated the food is delicious. So, if money is no impediment go ahead and try it out.

splendid buffet - Edit

This used to be my favourite restaurant (now that i'm vegan i have to find a fully vegan restaurant to be my favourite!). The food is very well made, i always love to go there. The part that you can eat a bit of everything (well, not now since they have ovo-lacto-vegetarian dishes) is the best. Just think that putting some labels would help everyone. You can always ask the waitress, they're happy to help you, but its boring having to ask someone what I can and can't eat.

Pros: location, small garden in the back

Great food selection - Edit

Terra is one of my favorite places to eat in Lisbon.
The food is really tasty, there is a lot of variety and almost everything is vegan except maybe for some salads and one or two main dishes.

It can be pricy for sure but if you are in for a treat and hungry, it certainly is a good choice.

Pros: Taste, Variety

Cons: Price

AMAZING STAFF❤️ - Edit

As a vegan i was expecting it would be at least one vegan option on tge saturday buffet unfortunetly there wasn't....! But gladly the chef prepared specially for me seitan fried "chicken" wich i know isn't very healthy but it was deliscious! Tank you so much for the kindness!

Probably one of the best in Lisbon - Edit

Wide range of great choices, some portuguese food Imitation. good deserts. nice looking place with terrace. one of the best I've been

Pros: good food, many options

Cons: 16 eur buffet without drinks or deserts but its wo

average place - Edit

This restaurant was fine.

The outdoor patio out back is a beautiful setting for a meal. I went to the dinner buffet. Service was just alright, and the food was good enough.

The vegetables tended to be overcooked. The fresh salads were good with interesting ingredients like beets & kiwi, but there were no vinaigrettes. The hot entree-style dishes were fine, but unseasoned.

The apple crumble dessert was not very good. Overcooked apples and the "crumble" was just dry flour and cinnamon. The raspberry sorbet was excellent though! Creamy & flavorful.

If you want to eat vegan food in a lovely setting, come here, but don't expect really good food.

Pros: ambiance, raspberry sorbet

Cons: food, service

Expensive...but worth it - Edit

Despite some of the other reviews here, I would have no hesitation going back, repeatedly. Great variety and quantities of vegetarian food (much of which is vegan). Very helpful staff. And the patio out back is very comfortable on a warm evening.

Pros: Great variety and quantities of good food , Superb space, especially on the patio

Big buffet - Edit

Terra has a very big buffet, with a lot of vegan options, which the staff will kindly indicate. One of the oldest vegetarian restos in Lisbon, in a very nice area worth exploring too.

Healthy and delicious vegetarian buffet with lovely staff - Edit

On my first day is Lisbon I learned that Google Maps is not very up to date when it comes to restaurants. Quite a few restaurants do not have their opening hours on Google or a website or phone number. After two of the restaurants were not there at all and a couple more were closed I got to Terra, one of the oldest vegetarian restaurants of Lisbon. There is a delicious buffet and although the restaurant wasn't vegan, the staff was more than happy to tell me what was. There is a beautiful and peaceful terrace in the backyard and the food is delicious. The best thing was definitely the staff though. They all spoke perfect English, were up for a chat and help me practice my Portuguese. Although I felt there were lots of vegan options, one of the waiters came out with a seitan schnitzel they made for me because they felt there weren't enough options for me. The buffet is about €15,00 a person, which is not cheap for a buffet in Lisbon. But the beautiful terrace, the quality of the food and the lovely staff made it great value for money.

Pros: Heart warming staff, Beautiful and peaceful terrace, Healthy and varied food

Once Lisbon's Best - but only on a Good Day - Edit

It's not often that I instantly loved a place so much it excited me just thinking about going back - but this one did. That was back in 2012. Set quite high up in the old town the location is quite special, there is plenty of indoor seating but if the weather is right, just head straight for the truly beautiful and tranquil tree-lined wooden decked garden at the back. The buffet at €15.90 is not cheap but the range and quality of food is truly exceptional including all sorts of hot and cold salads, soup, pizza, casseroles, tofu, seitan, rices and other quirky dishes combining Middle Eastern and Mediterranean influences. Everything seems to be organic here incuding the wine, hence prices are considerably more than the other vegetarian buffet places in Lisbon. On a good night there we've experienced a combination of great staff and a wonderful atmosphere. However, on the most recent visit in September 2015 the staff were simply not interested and just went through the motions. Whist the rustic magic of the place is still there it could definitely do with a little facelift. After you hand over the best part of €50 to the jovial staff member, the 'house' joke of receiving your change in chocolate coins at the front desk is a little worn now. Lisbon is now gradually becoming a very vegan friendly city. If Terra wants to compete it will have to change its gameplan.

Pros: food, setting, atmosphere

Cons: not cheap , staff can be miserable, shabby toilets

Not good for vegans, expensive, meh quality - Edit

I don't really get the great feedback on here. I mean the garden was nice but the buffet was really lacking great vegan options and overall quality I'm afraid. I mean I had a good time there, but the food was disappointing :(

Not good for vegans, overpriced, mediocre food - Edit

The buffet is fairly well stocked, but it is almost entirely vegetarian, NOT vegan, with cheese and creamy sauces dominating. There is no labelling, and the staff is very busy and not particularly able to point out vegan options. This if a buffet- only place, so there's no vegan a la carte menu, aside from some desserts. Also, at 15.60 Euros, not including drinks or dessert, it's overpriced even if you have the full run of the buffet. The food is fine, but certainly not mind blowing or particularly fresh - a lot of stuff seems to come from tins. Skip it, there are better, cheaper, fresher, and more vegan-friendly spots in Lisbon!

Pros: all-you can eat, nice garden, variety

Cons: overpriced, poor vegan options, food could be better

One of the best in Lisboa - Edit

Very diversified buffet, with warm and cold dishes and often vegetarian recreations of traditional Portuguese dishes. Nice location, warm environment and a gorgeous outdoor patio, very pleasant during warmer season. Good option for non-vegetarian people given the variety and familiarity of dishes.

Pros: Outdoor patio, Diverse buffet, Location

Beautiful place and tasty buffet! - Edit

From what I've read, this place tends to be a little controversial :P but what can I say, I absolutely love this place! I dream about those mushrooms!

Yes, sometimes it's not easy to know what's vegan or not, but the staff has always been very nice to me and helped choose my food carefully each time I went there and I’ve been there quite often.

I always have my birthday dinner here, and my non vegetarian friends all love the food!

We always eat in the garden, which of course is a must in this place! There's a lot of variety and the food is really good!

Still, if you are looking for a vegan restaurant, to eat as you please without worrying about it or having to ask the staff about what you can or can't eat, this might not be the place for you.

Pros: Buffet with several options, Wonderful Garden, Tasty food

Cons: Might be hard to tell what's vegan, Expensive

Expensive and not that Vegan Friendly - Edit

This spot is only hype and does not preceed its reputation.
It's expensive, not everything is Vegan and it's not discriminated so you'll have to ask the staff what is Vegan and what's not.
Some plates can be very good as others can be average.
The place and outdoor patio is what really makes it worth.
Updated from previous review on Monday December 14, 2015

Pros: Place and outdoor patio, Central, Principe Real, Cousy and romantic

Cons: Price! Expensive as hell, Not much Vegan choices, Vegan plates are not marked

Um pequeno paraíso em Lisboa - Edit

Um dos melhores restaurantes vegetarianos em Lisboa :) Buffet maravilhoso e com várias opções veganas extremamente deliciosas. A zona do jardim é lindíssima e o interior também é agradável. Só gostava que o preço não fosse tão elevado :c

Return to Lisbon Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Terra Restaurante Natural closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.