Terazza Einaudi

Contact 334-3339725

Piazza Einaudi, 1, Ravenna, Italy,

Serves meat, vegan options available. Fine dining restaurant featuring a first floor conservatory/terrace overlooking a small piazza. Offers a separate vegan menu with many choices for each course: has bruschetta, quinoa falafel, seitan pasta, tofu and seitan dishes, and desserts like tofu strawberry pudding, fruit crumble, and chocolate mousse. Also offers vegan tasting menu events throughout the year.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Italian, Organic, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by fitfairy25

Vegan lunch buffet and decadent dessert - Edit

We went for lunch and were seated in the room on the left and offered the a la carte menu. There was also a vegan all-you-can-eat lunch buffet for 9.80 euros in the room on the right. We opted for the buffet and were glad we did. It wasn’t a huge selection, but we felt it was a good value nonetheless. It included a tasty lentil and bean soup and a warm dish of sautéed greens. The other dishes were room temperature and included couscous with vegetables, farro with tofu and vegetables, more sautéed greens, farro loaf, and green beans. There were a number of condiments, too. Be careful, as the only non-vegan item was Parmesan cheese. I didn’t hear the waitress tell my boyfriend about it and put some on my food, thinking it was vegan Parmesan. The restaurant overlooks the piazza and the air conditioning was very welcome on the day we went. Several vegan, and some raw, desserts were on the menu. We had a single, good-sized vegan cheesecake topped with berries and berry sauce. It was incredibly rich and yummy but a bit pricey at 6 euros.

Pros: good value lunch buffet, pleasant atmosphere, great vegan offerings

Cons: non-vegan Parmesan on vegan buffet

Hidden Gem Overlooking a Pretty Piazza - Edit

It is very easy to miss this lovely little restaurant, but it's well worth looking out for if you are in Ravenna. I noticed a sign saying they had a full vegan menu, so we went up the stairs to investigate. We were very pleasantly surprised to find a beautiful terrace/conservatory looking out onto a small piazza.

The waitress came over and was more than happy to go through the vegan pages of the menu, explaining each dish to us in English (the menu was in Italian). There were lots of choice for each course. We decided to share the quinoa falafel and the selection of mini bruschetta breads to start. The falafel was a bit dry, but went well with the various toppings on the bruschetta. There were about 8 different types of toppings, and they were all very tasty.

For main we both opted for the seitan Ragu pasta, which was delicious. The pasta was cooked perfectly and the sauce had a good 'meaty' flavor to it. They had vegan parmesan cheese, but the dish was fine without it.

The dishes were a good size, not too big, which left us with room for dessert. My husband had the fruit crumble, which was yummy and I had the strawberry soy ice cream. It was more like sorbet, but it tasted nice with the accompanying sauce.

My only complaint would be that the restaurant serves big cuts of meat that they bring out to show the diners before they cook it. This could be off-putting to some people, but it didn't really affect our overall experience.

It is quite an expensive restaurant, but the food is really good and the service was excellent. The waitress went out of her way to make sure we were able to understand the menu. The setting alone is worth the trip and I imagine it is even prettier at night. It was a lovely way to end our trip.

Pros: Good vegan menu, Beautiful Setting, Tasty Food

Cons: Quite expensive, Serves big cuts of meat

Return to Ravenna Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Terazza Einaudi closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 608 times since Feb 2015.