Tequila Sunrise Mexican Grill

Contact 954-938-4473

4711 N Dixie Hwy, Oakland Park, Florida, USA, 33334

Serves meat, vegan options available. Mexican food and bar. Has small vegetarian section with a few vegan suitable choices. Open Mon-Sat 11:30am-11:00pm, Sun 12:00pm-10:00pm.

Category: Lacto, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Mexican, Non-veg

First Review by Michael X. James

vegan meal options! - Edit

There are several vegan meals; not just bug the server and ask tons of questions to get a few sides where you pray the server really knows what a vegan is. They are whole meals marked vegan. I'm from OH, so I don't get to visit often but when I'm in the area, I will always stop in! Great service awesome food and check out Yelp deals for a bonus free shot!

Pros: cozy , price , knowledgeable staff

Cons: Hard to find

Amazing - Edit

It was very good!!! I haven't had a enchilada since I became vegan. They had Taco Tuesday which was unlimited tacos for $8 and could be customized to become vegan. My daughter had a wet burrito and she loved it. It was vegetarian, and it had a amazing cream sauce she said. The food was very delicious and I recommend this place to anyone. I would give this place 5/5 starts but for some reason the website isn't letting me put 5 stars.

Pros: Good value, Excellent food, Friendly and helpful staff

Wow - more options than I thought there would be - Edit

Several permanent vegan option on the regular menu, plus a vegan entree special on the night we attended. I had the Vegan Picadillo Enchiladas. Very good! Topped with hummus, it had a wonderful flavor, far exceeding my expectations. Our waitress was very prompt, friendly, and helpful. Will definitely return! It's a no frills environment, so dress casually and don't expect fancy.

Pros: Great value, Good flavors, Robust vegan menu options

Cons: Very popular, crowded on weekend nights

Excellent! - Edit

So glad we found this place and so glad I didn't read the reviews on here or we never would have tried it.

They have an entire page of their menu with vegan/vegetarian selections. My husband had some type of vegan burrito dish and enjoyed it. I had Vegan Chilaquiles which I had never heard of. OMG! So freaking good! I absolutely loved it; so much so that I have made my own version at home since eating there, but it isn't as good.

Neither of us got sick and I have a pretty sensitive stomach so hopefully they have resolved those issues. Wish we lived closer because we would visit regularly. It won't let me give it a five rating or I would.

Pros: Vegan/Vegetarian menu option, Excellent food, Good atmosphere

Delicious but my boyfiriend got very sick - Edit

I was surprised to see another review where the people got sick eating here. I loved my vegan dish, however, my boyfriend got very ill.

schillandkim 14 Jan 2014 - Hi,
As the owner of this restaurant I wish to publicly apologize for these incidents. I don't know what the cause is, however being so close together there must have been 1 related item. I can however say that we sell an extremely large amount of Vegetarian/Vegan items to a lot of regular customers for many years and have never had any other incidences like these.

Not so much... - Edit

UPDATED REVIEW: After eating here for my second time, both my girlfriend and I got sick. The food was tasty and I really wanted to LOVE this place because they even had a vegan special on the menu. Unfortunately I was violently ill after eating here. I contacted them about it but nobody responded. I likely will not return.

Previous review:
Vegan items labeled on the menu but you can ask your server about a few other options as well. It's good Mexican food. The refried beans are very good...get the chiliqueros (probably misspelled that). The enchiladas are ok. Very cool to see some vegan/vegetarian items on the menu. The owner stopped by our table and we told him how happy we were about that.

Pros: Friendly service, Vegan items

Cons: Got sick afterwards, Serves meat/cheese

Return to Oakland Park Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Tequila Sunrise Mexican Grill closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.