CLOSED: Temple Stay Food

064-7394959

843-10 Changcheon-ri, Andeokmyeon, Seogwipo, South Korea

Restaurant serving Korean Buddhist temple style food that's vegan and organic using local ingredients. Tea and dessert included. Confirmed closed Mar 2017.

Category: Vegan, Macrobiotic, Organic, Korean

First Review by tothrive

great - Edit

Its a very cozy and relaxing place! The food is very healthy food with lots of side dishes. You can also have unlimited tea with some snacks!

Pros: Delicious and healthy vegan food

Cons: A little bit expensice but worth it

Delicious lunch on the south side of Jeju - Edit

I visited this place on my trip to Jeju with my fiancé on April 18. He and I were looking for a decent vegan restaurant since both of us are vegans. Luckily, we found this nice place! It is located near a mural village in Jeju, which boasts its own charms, and has a soothing and cozy ambiance. The hostess greeted us with a welcoming attitude and smile. We ordered two courses of rice wrapped with lotus leaf. While setting our table, she opened the wrapping by herself and explained about the health benefits and other features of the dishes we were about to taste. The display of all the dishes was beautiful and super-neat! Each side-dish (most of the ingredients are local and organic, produced by the owner) had its own colors, flavors and tastes. Also, the lotus leaf-wrapped rice was good enough to satisfy my taste buds and empty stomach. It was full of the scent of lotus leaf and the reserved beauty of traditional Korean nobles! Small pieces of rice cake and traditional Jeju cookie were served as a dessert with a pot of specially brewed tea, which was really nice. The only thing I might point out, if anything, is the tiny portion of side-dishes. Even though she refilled them with kindness whenever we asked, it was a bit inconvenient and uncomfortable. To sum up, it was a really nice place worth visiting.

Has CLOSED: Temple Stay Food closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.