Temple of Camden

n/a

103a Camley St, North London, England, N1C 4PF

Vegan fried chicken shop opened Jan 2018 by Temple of Seitan. Also operates at events and pop-ups - check facebook for updates. Open Mon-Sat 12:00pm-9:00pm, Sun 12:00pm-6:00pm.

Categories: Vegan, Western, Fast food, Take-out, British

First Review by redshift86

Amazing Chick'n - Edit

I had the Temple Spicy Burger and it was great! Not all that spicy in my opinion, but still very delicious. The chick'n is the best I have ever had. The fries were great too. It is usually very busy at lunch. This was my favourite vegan place in London.

Pros: Best Chick'n ever

Never disappoints, but odd location - Edit

So happy to see this company expand to an eat in place! Their menu has grown a lot from seeing them first time at VegFest. I tried the BBQ wings and Mac n Cheese, absolutely delicious! My bf had his usual popcorn chick'n, which'll blow KFC out of business and a new Bacon burger. Super yummy!
Only concern is the location, it's very unusual, it's a 15 min walk from Camden Town underground or 10 min walk from Kings Cross station. You have to follow the river and it's under an apartment complex, so it can be easily missed. There's also not much seating, so you may have to share with other people, which is fine, as we got to make new friends! But I understand that may not be suitable for everyone.

Pros: Lots of variety , Delicious, Affordable

Cons: Can be hard to find

mixed feelings - Edit

I really like the creativity...the tastes and textures are great! The wings were lovely and so was the cheese burger.

On this occasion the temple hot was so greasy that there was oil dripping off it and I could not eat it all (you can see it in the pic I've uploaded) Perfect maybe when you are drunk but not when sober.

But I won't hold it against them. I'll try it again. Looking forward to trying the popcorn bites.

Pros: affordable. creative. tasty

great to be able to finally enjoy Temple of seitan indoors! - Edit

Excellent food, and now you can enjoy it indoors!

Recommend the pop corn bites, spicy temple burger and mac and cheese. I tried the temple deluxe burger but preferred the classic spicy temple burger.

Only downside is that it is a bit of a mission to get to (between mornington cresent, camden road and kings cross station). About 10-15 mins walk from either of the about stations.

Return to North London Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Temple of Camden closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.