Tel Aviv Hummus House

• Veg-friendly
Contact +381-69-2632224

Carica Milice 3, Belgrade, Serbia, 11000

Serves meat, vegan options available. Small eatery near Green Market with limited seating. The hummus and falafel are prepared separately from meat, and the bread is made in-house.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Bakery, Middle Eastern, Israeli, Non-veg

First Review by michrozen

Good for a quick vegan bite - Edit

If you're in Belgrade looking for a quick vegan bite this is a great find. There's a menu for take away or dining in. Food is reasonably priced, and the quality is average.
The vegan options of bread, salad, falafel and hommus are tasty but nothing to rave about.

food is of good quality, but nothing special - Edit

When we arrived in Belgrade, we were glad to find a place for quick vegan lunch in the center. We tried hummus and falafel with bread. It was served with a red mildly spicy sauce and sesame sauce. It was ok but I'd prefer more flavour. Maybe one should order some extras like mushrooms or salad.

Pros: central location, vegan choices

Cons: Hummus and falafel were somewhat bland

Nothing special and expensive - Edit

They don't speak English very good. They gave me only 4 falafels and hummus for 500 denars (4 euros) that's too expensive and there is nothing special about here. They just market it as a special food but I have eaten falafels in many places. Believe me nothing is special.

Ok falafel - Edit

I just ate at this tiny falafel shop in Belgrade. There are a couple of tables across from where you order on the sidewalk. I have had falafels in many countries throughout the world, and I feel that this falafel was very average by world standards. The falafel bread was soft, thick, chewy and spongy, and tasted like it was purchased at a regular grocery store. It was fresh enough, but just didn't do anything for me. I wish it had been toasted at least. The falafel sandwich tasted a bit "sweet" (perhaps the "chili" sauce they put on it was more like ketchup), and lacked the delicious falafel flavors I am used to. If you are really hungry and looking for a quick veg-friendly place to eat, then this place isn't bad, but if you are looking for an amazing falafel, then this is not your place.

Pros: Price

Cons: Not very tasty

For a quick bite - Edit

If you get hungry while in the city and just want to get some quick falafel, then this is a great choice. The food is pretty good (but nothing special) and for a reasonable price too.

Don't expect anything more than that, we sat in the 'cafe' part, but the atmosphere was a bit cold. The staff was friendly but also a bit distanced. My advice: Just go for the take away part, you'll be more satisfied ;)

Pros: good falafel, central location

Cons: 'empty' atmosphere, staff not so friendly

super falafel - Edit

Real great falafel with a lot of hummus! You can find a great vegan snack at this falafel shop.
It's perfect located, the staff is friendly and speaks english!

Unconnected to the fact that this shop is in Belgrade, it is a real got falafel!

Pros: location, price, falafel

nice little place - Edit

Tel Aviv has one official vegan option-- the falafel sandwich-- although you can order most of the sides separately. I ordered the sandwich (290 dinar) and also got a side of the hummus (250g for around 300 dinar, I think). The sandwich was very, very good. I ordered it spicy, which really just meant that it was more flavourful-- it wasn't spicy at all, but had a kind of piquant quality that was very nice. The carrots gave it a nice sweet finish that was different than what I was used to, but was quite pleasant.

The hummus was not really what I expected, because it honestly tasted much more like tahini. While this was a little surprising at first (seriously, I couldn't taste anything but the sesame although the texture was more hummus-like), it was still really, really good. Try it by itself with apples-- it's amazing.

Pros: vegan option, decent price, English-speaking

Cons: limited options

as good as it can be for the ballkans - Edit

pretty good hummus, very good falafel. was not impurest by the mushrooms , other salads where good. fast vegan food not more not less.and for Belgrade it's allot!!

Pros: fast, filling, vegan

Cons: has meat, not to healthey, sitting place is exposed

Return to Belgrade Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Tel Aviv Hummus House closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2153 times since Sep 2012.