Tedone

Contact 943273561

10 Calle Corta (at Miracruz), San Sebastian, Spain,

Serves meat, vegan options available. Cozy and nice atmospheric place that's busy at lunchtime. Location is a bit remote. Around half of the menu is vegetarian. Many choices, including tofu and whole wheat upon request. Reasonable prices. Mon-Sun 1:00pm-3:30pm, Tue-Sat 8:30pm-11:30pm

Category: Western, Spanish, Non-veg

First Review by sbszine

good to support, but they have some refining get to do - Edit

I was really excited to find this place. It offers elegant food presentations in a quiet setting, with outdoor seat and vegan options. I was really disappointed, however. First, we were brought a complimentary polenta pre-appetizer. I explained (in Spanish) that I am vegan and the waitress assured me that there were no animal products in it. I had a sip and became suspicious that it had milk. I asked another waitress and it did actually have milk according to her. I was not pleased and explained that this was a very serious mistake. They apologized sincerely, and were nice about it, but really, someone could die from misinformation about ingredients. Then, my dish came and it looked pretty, but not all of the ingredients were fresh, namely the beans and lotus root. They were both slightly rancid, as if they'd even sitting around for a few days. Additionally, the compilation of flavors in the dish (morel mushrooms) really needed refinement. The flavors did not compliment and blend together in any way. It was kind of like a pile of different things, with no cohesion, and partly rancid, with excessive amounts of oil all over it. I'm happy this place is at least trying to offer vegan, organic and gluten-free options and and would give it a second chance if they took this feedback to heart.

Wonderful food - Edit

My husband and I had dinner there and were extremely pleased with the whole experience. There were a few vegetarian options and just as many vegan options, including some gluten-free ones. The food very elaborate, unique and flavorful.

The staff was very warm and friendly and the atmosphere was very nice too.

Don't miss it if you're in San Sebastian!

Pros: Flavorful food, Warm atmosphere, A few vegan and gluten free options

Cons: I can't think of any cons...

Decent, but conventional - Edit

I have eaten there a few times, and have always been reasonably pleased. Last time round it wasn't great though: I had lunch on a Sunday, and then there's apparently no menú del día or a similarly good deal. Instead, we found 4 veggie and 4 non-veggie dishes. Among the 4 meatfree ones I found the homemade seitan appealing, but I didn't order it, as sadly they are rolled in a batter that contains egg, and they couldn't do it without it just for me. My friend and I shared 2 of the remaining three options, all of which were vegan: a salad and red rice. While we found the dishes (ca 12 euros each) tasty and filling, they were not exactly experimental, and are not likely to win over meat-eaters to the cruelty-free side. The fact that the fourth dish was pasta only makes my point even clearer.

Good, reasonably priced vegetarian and vegan food - Edit

This busy little restaurant is tricky to find but worth the effort. When I arrived for a late lunch it was full but the friendly staff encouraged me to stay even though it was getting close to 3.30pm and closing time for the afternoon. I ate two courses including bread and a drink for a fixed price of €10. I can recommend the tasty marinated vegetable wraps.

There was NO meat or fish on the lunchtime menu, only vegetarian and vegan options and the menu is Spanish, Basque and English.

I'd definitely eat there again.

Pros: Interesting and tasty food., Reasonably priced., Friendly staff.

Biológico excelente - Edit

Restaurante de productos biológicos con carta vegetariana. Sitio muy coqueto. Calidad de sus platos, sabores ricos. Genial y agradable terraza para comer y cenar. Fuera del bullicio de los bares con pintxos.Destacaría el arroz rojo integral y las vainas al dente con aguacate. Servicio atento y nada caro.

Biológico, buena calidad de productos. - Edit

Agradable restaurante biológico con platos vegetarianos y veganos. El arroz rojo integral y biológico genial,el seitán artesanal igualmente bueno. El local es muy coqueto,cálido y con una atención muy cercana. Es una muy buena alternativa en la ciudad porque mezclan platos biolópgicos con sabores muy sabrosos.

feel at home the first time you are there - Edit

The staff of Tedone was friendly & supporting in several ways. The place is cozy and pretty quiet, especially the outdoor space is really nice. All in all I felt at home there the first time I went there.
I got served a huge portion of wholegrain rice with vegetables and tofu, a wholegrain bread basket and a cake for dessert, all vegan and with a lot of organic ingredients. It tasted great.
I would go there ever again and if only for some hours of feeling at home during my travels.

Pros: friendly staff, cozy place, vegan & organic dishes

Cons: wasted time trying to find one!

Well worth the search - Edit

This place is like a restuarant in an Irish pub. It has a lovely homely feel to it and the male waiter there is quite friendly. I can't remember exactly but I think they had the menu in english too. It is right at the end of a small dead-end pedestrian street but once you find your way to the area, it's easy to find it. Be aware that it is not well lit up but it does have menu set at the start of the street. I went here with two meat-eaters and all of us were satisfied. I got food which did not consist of boring pasta or pizza dishes or yet another omelette/tortilla. There was a good choice for vegans and especially for vegetarians. Unlike most non-veggie places in Spain, they are very understandable of your diet preferences. The staff, particularly the male waiter, are friendly and the food is good quality. Well worth the search if you are looking for something different. All of us were very satisfied. Price was fair too.

Pros: Good variety food, Good quality food, Nice waiter

Cons: Maybe a bit hard to find, Not well lit up

Very nice - upmarket presentation at good price. - Edit

Teldone had a flyer in the tourist office on Boulevard, so we gave it a try. It's like 10 min walk and easy to find, you just go over the bridge from Centro to Gros (the second one down south from the mouth of the river, walk up three smallish blocks and look right. It is at the end of a small dead end street, on the right hand side. Usually has tables outside.

There is a plato del dia for 9 euro and a menu del dia for 15. These are usually served at lunch only, though we went on a Wednesday in October and they served them for dinner seemingly to lure more people in. Dinner is usually a la carte. Mains were 10 euro. You have your choice of a veg or non-veg menu, although the non-veg includes items like spinach raviolis and they will substitute. The plato was a nicely presented salad served alongside a complex blended carrot and other veggies dish served on a puffed pastry. The menu is two plates (one of which could be the plato), a hummus plate, a pair of big salads (which had very nice presentation), or seitan served like you would veal patties. You can pair them as you like. The seitan was by far the best, and the cook told me they make it on site. There were various pasta and similar items you could subsitute from the "non-veg" side as well. There were several vegan possiblities even for dessert, when they offered a nice baked apple dish.

There were about 6 indoor tables and maybe 4 outside, depending on weather. The service was friendly and the food came very quickly. When you order the menu, they leave the whole bottle of wine for you even though it only is supposed to come with a glass. They did not rush us about despite the small size.

We came back two days in a row, and the cook remembered us and gave us the dinner menu deal even though the waiters wanted us to order a la carte. It was a very nice gesture.

I like this place a lot, especially for the price. San Sebastian is perhaps the most expensive city in Spain, so to get a full veg meal complete with wine and dessert is a real bargain here. They speak some English and have English-language menus.

Pros: Plenty of options, good price, esp. menu, strong presetation

fresh & very flavorful - Edit

excellent food. If this place were in San Francisco it would be a hug hit. wish we found this place earlier in our visit to San Sebastian so we could have tried more on the menu. everything was very fresh and beautifully presented. a welcome alternative to tapas. regional cuisine with a heathy & innovative twist. friendly staff as well.

Nice Place - Edit

This is a cool little neighbourhood restaurant with a friendly owner. It's a bit hard to find because the street it's on is split level. Tendone is at the top of a short ramp on the river end of the street.

Menu is half veg, half meat, but vegetarian food is the focus. Prices are around €10-12 per dish for the vegetarian stuff, which is home cooking style pasta, risotto, etc. Wine starts at €12 and is quite drinkable. Not many vegan options, but if you say "vegano per favor", "sin queso" etc they can probably help you. Our meal came with bread and a tasting spoon of marinated mushrooms each.

We enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere here and will definitely come back.

Pros: Friendly staff, Cool space

Cons: Smokers

Return to San Sebastian Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Tedone closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2843 times since Oct 2009.