REMOVED: Teatree Cafe and Eatery

Contact 416-901-9089

867 Danforth Ave, Toronto, Ontario, Canada, M4J 1L8

Serving sandwiches, quiche, vegan chili with cornbread, soup, salad, and desserts. Loose leaf tea and espresso coffee. Gluten free options. OCT 2014 REPORTED CHANGE OF OWNER, NO LONGER PURE VEG.

Category: Vegan-friendly, American, Western, Canadian

First Review by melskunk

Has potential - Edit

I haven't made a point of trying this place because it has so few vegan options. But we were in the neighbourhood and gave it a try. We had the cornmeal pancakes which were topped with two kinds of fruit jam (compote?) and they were DELICIOUS. We got cold teas which were bland. Promising, but just too few options (generally, but especially vegan) to make a trip for it.

Pros: tasty food, nice atmosphere, fast service

Cons: so few options, hours

Tiny menu, quite boring - Edit

Came here starving one day with my partner. We were the only customers. Not much choice as they were out of half of the items on the chalkboard, and we're vegans. She had a beefy stew, and it was very boring, and had cheap TVP in it. I had a bean burger, which was filling but boring.

Will probably not return.

Tasty, hearty food - Edit

I've just recently gone here and I was very happy with my meal. Previously I'd been put off by what, at the time, seemed like a small menu, but either they expanded their menu or I misread it, because they had a decent selection of food. I chose the vegan chili, which was very filling though not quite as spicy as I like, and the corn bread that came with it is delicious. There was a wide selection of vegan desserts as well, and of course teas.

I would most likely come here more often if it wasn't only open lunch hours. I'm rarely in this side of town at lunchtime.

Pros: Delicious, Inexpensive, Charming

Cons: Hours

Return to Toronto Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has REMOVED: Teatree Cafe and Eatery closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 775 times since Jan 2010.