Tea Parlour

First floor, View 2 Gallery, 23 Mathew St, Liverpool, England

Serves meat, vegan options available. Tea room with optino for full vegan afternoon tea, including sandwiches (e.g. coronation chickpea salad, cucumber & vegan cream cheese), scones with jam, vegan cream and a selection of cakes. Last order 4:30pm. Open Tue-Sun 10:30am-4:30pm.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, British, Non-veg

First Review by VeganVera

Vegan afternoon tea! - Edit

An unprepossessing entrance behind a red door and up a flight of stairs leads to these delightful tearooms. Attractively decorated and furnished. The vegan afternoon tea was great – a cake stand laden with sandwiches, scones with jam and vegan cream and cakes and pastries (good portions and they provide a doggy bag if you can't manage it all). They even do vegan meringue though, sadly, it wasn't offered on my visit. Friendly and helpful staff. Only downside was the loud music from the bar down below, which clashed with the Tea Parlour's own music. The music from below was The Beatles, which normally I am a great fan of, but we mostly got the thump thump thump of a poor quality amplified system. It's a shame that one business should adversely affect another business in this way when it's not necessary. The Tea Parlour told us that the noise is less of a problem earlier in the day (we were there late afternoon) and you can ask to be seated in the piano room, which is a little further from the bar music. Thoroughly recommend the vegan afternoon tea!

UPDATE – visited again 13.1.18. The bar below has been replaced by another establishment, which is much less noisy.

Updated from previous review on 2017-01-12

Pros: Vegan afternoon tea!, Great vegan selection, Helpful staff

Cons: not an enormous range of tea, vegan 'tax' - vegan afternoon tea more expensive

not accommodating or helpful at all - Edit

Dragged my heavy suitcase up the stairs to get told you have to book in advance for vegan cream tea which doesn't say that on the happy cow app. I had fb messaged the night before and no reply by 12pm today. Wasn't told of any other alternatives so I left and found liv cafe glad I did!

Fantastic experience! - Edit

We went there for a Sunday afternoon tea. We brought our own sparkling wine (it's £3 crockery) which they cooled for us. The ambience is wonderful, lovely decoration and background music that brings up a 1920's flair It was more than enough food and simply delicious. The two ladies running the place were extremely attentive and kind.

Pros: friendly staff, delicious food, fabulous ambience

Return to Liverpool Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Tea Parlour closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.