Tea House 650 Cafe

352-564-1500

650 N Citrus Ave (at Hwy 19), Crystal River, Florida, USA, 34428

Serves meat, vegan options available. Mainly a tea house with a large selection of loose leaf teas. Other beverages include chai, wine and smoothies. No carbonated drinks. Food includes paninis, soup and sandwiches, with vegan choices or ones that can be made vegan. Relaxing atmosphere. Open Mon-Sat 10:00am-5:00pm. Closed Sun.

Category: Vegan-friendly, American, Organic, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by Julie R

Great food - Edit

Great place for a light meal.. awesome service and a great ambience.

Pros: Very small selection if Vegan options but the staf

Cons: Expensive small portions.

Charming! Go here, go now! - Edit

This area (Citrus County) is very UN-vegetarian-friendly, as is a lot of the west coast of Florida (they are all about eating something they find on the bottom of the ocean!)

That being said, I found this place on Happy Cow. It's a bit of a stretch for it to be on a vegetarian website. It is definitely NOT vegetarian, or even veg-friendly - but, I still loved it. They did have one meal that didn’t have meat, but even the tomato soup was made with chicken stock. Even tho I couldn't find something vegetarian to suit me, I am still giving it 4 stars because of the ambiance.

If you are a tea drinker, you will LOVE IT. They had a million different kinds of teas.

Being that it was so charming, and the ladies were so nice, I wanted to get something - anything! I got a delicious orange/cranberry scone, and an iced tea. BEST scone I have ever had and the tea was amazing.

But, forget what I ate or didn’t eat. Come here and just see this place. It is filled with charm, and the attention to detail from the owner is wonderful.

It has sit-down, table service – or a long counter-type area to sit at. It’s very laid back and peaceful in there. I would imagine it would be a wonderful place to go with a group of girlfriends to chat and enjoy some good tea and eats. My scone and tea was only $4 – a good deal!

When I asked about the tomato soup having chicken stock, the lady said they only use the chicken stock when they are out of vegetable. So, if you do go and get the tomato soup - be sure to ask about the chicken stock.

From the outside, to the inside, to the tables, to even the street it’s on - to everything – it is delightful. I am SO glad I went, even tho I only had a scone and tea.

Pros: Charming, Good prices, Nice people

Cons: Not a lot for a vegetarian to eat

Return to Crystal River Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Tea House 650 Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.