Tea at 73

( 1 review )
02920235005

73 Cathedral Rd, Cardiff, Wales

Serves meat, vegan options available. Cathedral 73 is a Victorian town house renovated into a stylish, elegant retreat where there is a tearoom, lounge and hotel. Tea at 73 offers a vegan tea choice full of assorted cakes, biscuits and sandwiches. Tea is also available to those who are not hotel guests. Call to make booking. Tea is available to those who are not hotEl guests.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, British, Non-veg

1 Review

First Review by konlish

Great place - Edit

On Friday we had a lovely time at Tea at 73 for an Afternoon tea for 2 for our 3 yr anniversary which was both vegan and gluten free! We had a lemon drizzle cake, chocolate cake and a cashew cheese cake; cucumber sandwiches, yellow pepper sandwich and tomato garlic bruchette. Pricy £36 from two and had to be pre booked. Very impressed with the gluten free, Sandeep liked it too. They made everything themselves not prebought at all. They could be more innovative with the sandwiches though using other fillings and would have liked to see scones. We had the option that unlimited tea so we tried blueberry & Hibiscus; Lemongrass & ginger and chamomile; all loose fresh brewed tea. We had in total 4 pots with 8 cups of tea each! We drink as much hot lemon water but not so much tea. We had afternoon at 8 pm as we both were working. The place is so lovely with light music and we were lucky to have the place to ourselves with a bartender Mandy who I found out is vegetarian who wants to go vegan. She was so lovely she asked us if we wanted to see what one of the rooms looked like in the hotel. It's beautiful! She never knew about the vegan options in Cardiff and about Happycow.

If you want a Romantic quite setting this is a place for a special day.

It was our 1st time having afternoon tea and it was on my list to do since I found out about this place last year. I reserved it for a special day.
Absolutely recommend!

Pros: Vegan options, vegan afternoon tea, Gluten free & made in house

Cons: Need more innovative sandwiches , Serve meat & dairy

Return to Cardiff Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Tea at 73 closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.