First Review by MeagEliza

Will go back again - Edit

As a student at Plymouth State, it is hard to find places near by with any vegan options. I came across Tavern 27 and actually found vegan options that weren't just salads. I had the mushroom garlic kale bocadillos and it was delightful! They had a few other vegan options that I will definitely go back to try. They had a lot of vegetarian options as well. The service was great, all of the staff was making sure we were alright and we even got a complimentary sweet potato chip tapas since it was our first visit! Although there are limited vegan options, it is a great place to dine with nonvegan friends. Definitely give this place a try!

Tavern 27 - Edit

My family of six were looking for a restaurant that could meet our varied needs (vegetarian, non vegetarian, children with picky appetites). When we found Tavern 27 we decided we would give it a try. When we got there we were greeted by a very attentive server. We sat down in a side room with another family at the opposite table. This restaurant is in an old 1787 beautiful house. When we got the menu, we knew we would be pleased. When we ordered our food we all tried the food, since it was tapa family style. Some of our favorites were the haddock bites bowl, sour dough margarita pizza, chickpea fries and the apple pastry desert with fresh wipped cream. The children in our party also loved the fact that there were mints and organic lollypops at the host stand. All the food tasted fresh and was grown in their own garden or in local farms. We give this experience a five star review.

Pros: Great food for a variety of eaters, Great service, Piano player added to overall experience

Service lacking and not enough vegan options - Edit

Our B&B hosts raved about this place and since we saw vegan and gluten free labelling, we thought it would be great. Our "super salad" was great - fresh & with goji berries and hemp seeds and pomegranate dressing. The asparagus and chick pea fries (more liked baked falafel sticks) were good; the mushroom and garlic bocadillos seemed to be missing the garlic and were bland. This was it for vegan options (other than a couple other alterable salads or maybe pizza without cheese. The real disconcerting thing tho was that three different people waited on us and didn't communicate well so we would ask for something and have to ask again and again - or not get it at all. The owner did ask us how they did; our honesty about the service got us credit for a future visit.

Pros: Caring Owner, Creative Salads

Cons: Loud Live Piano, Not Enough Vegan Options, Service

Delicious and Wide Variety... - Edit

I had been here before but was not a vegetarian or vegan at that time.... about five years ago when they had first opened. We ordered a tapas with steak and it was disgusting. My mother referred to them as "steak-ums" and made a dirty look.
However, I went back this last September and had delicious food. I went with a friend for cocktails and ended up sharing a few tapas. We ordered two but also indulged in the complimentary snack, white bean and garlic hummus. Most everything on the menu is gluten free and labeled. Almost everything can be served as vegan if you ask... Also- drinks were perfect.

Pros: Delicious Food, Menu was mostly GF and Vegan, Drinks

Cons: Dark Atmosphere

Return to Laconia Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Tavern 27 closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1080 times since Mar 2014.