First Review by BuddyWheeler

the best place ever - Edit

Love Charlie's. It feels like home every time I walk in.

Pros: nice staff, talented, clean

Cons: difficult for wheelchairs

Owner review - Edit

Thanks for looking. Here at the Preston Hwy studio we offer a full vegan tattoo service. We use Eternal brand pigments and Victory black inks. Completely vegan and vegetarian friendly. Most black ink contains bone char, Victory black does not.

We also substitute Vaseline instead of A&D ointment as a skin prep. Most A&D ointments contain cod liver oil, and that's just gross :)

For vegan tattoos we give out PunkMedics Tat2But'r aftercare. Our standard aftercare has beeswax as the only animal ingredient.

We've been consistently voted best studio in Louisville for decades by readers choice polls and would love to work with you.

As a vegetarian since June 2001 and a vegan since October 2011 having animal friendly options is very important to me. Stop in soon and check us out!

^Buddy Wheeler - Owner

Pros: High quality, Vegan & vegetarian friendly, Friendly service

2 Responses

sarahburnsy 15 Apr 2014 - Thank you so much for your work. I'm so glad you posted this on Happy Cow! I just may get my next tattoo there!

BuddyWheeler 15 Apr 2014 - Would love to see you Sarah, stop in here at Preston Hwy any time :)

Return to Louisville Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Tattoo Charlies closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.