Tasty Vegan

Contact +628155709473

Jl. Raya Basangkasa, Gg, Dewata No. 15B, Seminyak, Kuta, Kabupaten Badung, Bali, Indonesia, 80361

Vegan and organic food. The owner speaks English. Video directions: www.youtube.com/watch?v=tB4lFVLGLsA - the easiest way to make sure not to miss it is the "babar cafe" just after the entrance. Mon-Sun 9:00am-5:00pm

Category: Vegan, Fast food, Juice bar, Delivery, Take-out, Indonesian

First Review by yennhi

PLSSSS CHECK THIS PLACE OUT!!!! - Edit

Such an amazing jewel i found. The food tastes veryvery good and is cheap too. The location has an awsome atmossphereAnd the owners are sooo friendly and nice.Pls watch the video of the link on trip advisor to find this place easier.

Pros: delicious food , perfect atmossphere , friendly ow

Cons: none

Order the satay! - Edit

Stopped here for a late lunch. We were the only customers, but that was fine. As other reviewers have said, this place has a relaxed, informal feel (garden dining area; you feel as though you're eating at a friend's house rather than a restaurant).

We LOVED the sate (satay) sticks! They were almost too convincingly meaty! Could definitely fool a meat eater...

The nasi campur was also excellent.

We liked this place because although the menu was small, there was a good selection of veganised Indonesian dishes.

Pros: vegan Indonesian food, friendly owner, relaxed garden setting

Cons: not open in the evening

Amazing food, lovely host, winner! - Edit

Took my omni friend here as she was keen to try some proper vegan grub. we both absolutely loved it, the food was delicious and the setting was so tranquil. We shared satay skewers (incredible!!) and spring rolls then each had a curry and some water. Total came to 150k so such a bargain!

Would definitely recommend! Indonesian and a little European if you fancy a pizza

Pros: Entirely vegan and delicious , Beautiful outdoor setting, Welcoming host

Cons: Tricky to find but worth it

Tasty vegan food :) - Edit

I ate dinner here on my last night in Bali and it was a great end to my holiday. The portions are generous and the food was amazing. I had an entree, a main and a dessert and everything tasted great.
The owner is really friendly and speaks English. If you're heading North on Raya Basangkasa keep a look out for the sign that points to Tasty Vegan on the left.

Pros: Vegan, Friendly Staff

Excellent vegan café. Highly recommended. - Edit

We enjoyed our meal at Tasty Vegan. There are several options of to choose from, all are vegan, generous portions, delicious and very affordable. It is set in a secluded garden away from the busy street which is perfect. The owners are lovely people and the service wonderful. We will definitely return! Highly recommended.

Pros: Generous portions, Affordable, Delicious

Bona manĝejo, sed... - Edit

Ĉi tiu manĝejo estas fratina manĝejo de Loving Hut laŭ la principo de Supreme Master Chinhai. Unue ĝi estas iom malfacile trovebla. La signotabuleto estas malgranda. Indas viziti tien dumtage. Tie ne estas alkoholaĵoj. Multaj manĝaĵoj estas fritaĵoj kun iom tro da oleo. Tamen boba manĝejo por veganoj!

A little piece of paradise - Edit

I actually ended up finding this place quite easily (I suppose everyone else did the hard work for me).

It can be quite draining at times tirelessly walking around in the humidity and heat amidst all the hustle and bustle.

As soon as I stepped into the beautiful surroundings of this place I instantly felt relaxed, you can barely hear a sound other than the trickling water and the the wind chimes from the zen garden.

I was greeted by a lovely kind Man, I didn't get his name, but I guessed it was the husband of the talented chef. He was genuinely so kind and had such an uplifting presence.

After I had ordered my takeaway, I wish I had time to stay, he very soon after came out with a little treat. He explained, in very clear English, that his wife had experimented making a cake with sticky rice and it came with some homemade vegan chocolate ice cream. It was absolutely delicious. He said it was complementary whilst I waited for my food.

I can't actually remember what I ordered but it was delicious and very well packaged for me to carry all the way home.

My experience here was not only a satisfying one, but also inspiring. It really doesn't take much to be polite and friendly towards others. It proves that it has it's rewards too, because there isn't one bad review of this place from what I can see, only lots of good positive vibes.

I will absolutely be returning, out of all of the vegan places I've been so far in Bali this is the one that stands out for me. ☺️

Pros: Lovely service , Lovely surroundings , Lovely food

Cons: A slight walk away, but not too much

Don't give up trying to find this place! - Edit

Tonight we set out with the other reviewers directions and attempted to find this place. Like others, we were able to find it right before we gave up! Some of previous information is useful but a bit outdated, like in the video it shows a Sunflower Laundry sign, and we didn't see that, but basically you just keep going till you see the Tamade Cafeteria and turn left down that alley where it says Dewata Villas. I uploaded some photos that hopefully worked. Once you get in the parking area with the security guard, the video is on point. It should be noted that this is the owners house, so it doesn't look like a restaurant! When we got there, it looked closed but suddenly the son came out and assured us it was open! If you are familiar with Loving Hut and Supreme Master Ching Hai, you'll recognize the huge posters of her and the light chanting in the background, so the family are obviously followers. We didn't meet the Mom who did all the cooking but the owner and son were super friendly. The atmosphere of the family garden is very peaceful. Like everyone else said, the food was amazing. The sate was addictive and we kept the sauce for the rest of our food because it was too good to go to waste! Definitely going back tomorrow!

Pros: Delicious Food, Friendly Service, Secret Gem

Great food, friendly owner, well worth a visit - Edit

This little place was a little hard to find but once we were there we were not disappointed. We were the only ones there that day but I hope that was only because of the rain and lightning storm.

The food is dirt cheap and so so tasty. Good portion sizes, all vegan and organic. The owner himself is a very friendly man and he even gave us some homemade coconut icecream with fresh mango for desert – all for free! The ice-cream itself is to die for. We were both already so full but managed to eat it all because it was so tasty and we didn’t want it to go to waste.

We tried the satay sticks, veggie curry & rice, mie gorang and martabak. All were super delicious and I would love to go back there and try more of the food – and have the satay sticks and icecream again! Make sure you visit this place so he doesn’t go out of business because its great to see such beautiful cheap organic vegan food in Bali.

Pros: the food, the service, the price

Cons: a little hard to find but still not a con

Amazing food - Edit

Ate here on three different occasions while in Bali recently, it has amazing food and really friendly service. In particular try the Martabak, was delicious! The juices are fresh and the prices are very cheap relative to any other vegetarian place we went to in Bali.
Another great positive is it is now easy to find! They have a bright red sign on the main street and another sign to let you know to go through the gate.
A tiny hidden gem that is well worth eating at when visiting Bali

Pros: Great food, cheap, now easy to find

simply delicious! - Edit

On a hard to find street behind the gates of a hotel lies this family owned resturant. The staff is friendly, passionated about veganism and makes wonderful food!

Pros: tasty, cheap, friendly

Cons: somewhat hard to find.

Watch the Directions Video - Edit

You absolutely will not find this place without that video. No one on the main street has the faintest clue about it so they can offer no help. The link in not clickable on a phone (which is likely where 90% of viewers will see it), so you may have to write and type the link into YouTube. Anyway, don't underestimate how hard it is to find. The word "impossible" was invented to describe the process of finding this restaurant.

Anyway, if you get there, you're in for a treat. Prices are lower than other places nearby, but the food is still nice. The owner is really sweet and welcoming. The orange juice was really refreshing. Just what I needed.

Pros: Cozy, Humble

Cons: Located in an alternate dimension of space-time.

Cute little place - Edit

Visited this place on a recent trip in May 2015. Its a little hard to find, but it's cute, small and authentic.

We had chinese food rather than indonesian, but the starters were excellent (generous portions), and the mains were very tasty too.

Great value for seminyak.

Pros: Small/cute/intimate, Great value, Tasty food

Cons: Hard to find, Opening hours limited

Beautiful restaurant and incredible food! - Edit

Tasty Vegan is our absolutely favourite place to eat in Bali! The food is amazingly delicious and the owners (husband and wife) are lovely. I highly recommend the mango juice, as well as all the food on the menu which is equally yummy.

The tables are in a beautiful, lush traditional Balinese garden with a pond. It's very peaceful and quiet and we were the only people there when we ate a couple of times. We feel that they run the restaurant for the love of it, not for money. The restaurant is set back from the main road (watch the video on how to find it) and we found it very easily (there is a little sign on the road for it now).

The owners are very honest and have great integrity. On the first time we ate there, apparently (we didn't even notice) he charged us 5K more for the fried banana (delicious by the way!) because on the second visit, he apologised profusely and took 5K off the second bill. We were so impressed by his honesty!

Pros: Amazing food, Friendly owners, Peaceful

Best vegan place to eat in Bali - Edit

We went to Tasty Vegan today and the food was delicious. We tried out heaps of the things from the menu and ended up ordering way too much food and took half of it away as takeaways. I will definitely eat here again. The food is cheap and yum and the owner is lovely. Cannot recommend this place highly enough.
One of the previous reviewers gave excellent directions on how to get here. Not easy to find.

Pros: The food is great/good prices, The meals are a decent size, They do delivery

Cons: It's a bit hard to find

Tasty Vegan - Worth the Effort to Find! - Edit

Yay! Delicious PURE VEGAN food in Seminyak at a great price! A serene atmosphere and you can tell the food is prepared with love. Had a yummy fresh papaya juice for 15K and a savory bowl of soup for 25K. Served lovingly by Nyoman Wisnu. I am planning to go there after my daily yoga at Yoga Shala, as it is just down the street! So tired of greasy veg warung food...

DIRECTIONS: Look for the store "Haveli Outlet" on the EAST side of Jalan Basangkasa (aka Jalan Seminyak) (Google maps has Haveli on the West side of the street!)- directly across the street (WEST SIDE) there is an alley (Gang Dewata) and a blue sign for "Dewata Villas". Hanging under that sign, you will see the red sign for Tasty Vegan. Head down the alley about 50 steps and you will see the entrance for Dewata Villas on the left. Go in the parking lot, but look to your left and go straight where there is a little door - it looks like it's a private residence, but it is the entrance to Tasty Vegan. As you enter through the garden, you will see a bale with cushions and lush plants and a lovely fountain. Nyoman Wisnu will be there to greet you. Enjoy and PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD - THESE PEOPLE DESERVE A GOOD FOLLOWING :)

YOU CAN SEE A SERIES OF PHOTOS I MADE TO HELP YOU FIND THE PLACE AT THEIR FB PAGE: https://www.facebook.com/tasty.vegan.seminyak.bali/timeline

Pros: excellent food, gracious service, serene atmosphere

Cons: hard to find

Tasty Indonesian vegetarian food - Edit

This restaurant was a little difficult to find. You need to walk up the lane-way and look for 15B, then walk through a car park. It's a small place but don't be put off because they have some great food. We were served by the friendly owner who spoke good English. The menu had a selection of vegetarian dishes with pictures for each. We chose four dishes which turned out to be a lot of food (too much) for two people. Two dishes probably would have been sufficient. All the dishes tasted great and it was nice to be able to sample vegetarian local dishes. They also have a home delivery service. I highly recommend for the great tasting local food.

Pros: Local food, Friendly staff, Inexpensive

AMAZING! - Edit

FOR EVERYONE TRYING TO FIND TASTY VEGAN, I DID THIS VIDEO:

ALSO DID THIS MAP:

After a few terrible days of trying to find vegan food, discovering Tasty Vegan was a godsend. Amazing quality food, incredibly helpful, genuine, and nice owner, and a very good price (5-15,000) with 5,000 for delivery. Soo good! Astounding, amazing. Easily some of the best food I've ever had in my life. The only problem is they close so early (5pm these days). Luckily though, our accommodation has a freezer so I can stockpile on food.

Pros: Amazing food, Amazing price, Very friendly

Worth the investigation - Edit

Lovely spot, run by a lovely fellow called Nyomen. A tiny spot with great food and a friendly spirit. To find the place, find the series of villas called Villa Dewata and it's ensconced within. Enjoy.

Pros: Character. , Food tastiness, great value for money. , Excellent coffee.

Cons: hard to find. Nyomen promises he will put up a sig

Difficult to find. - Edit

Haven't gotten the chance to go because we got really lost trying to find it. Ended up at Warung Ocha instead because it's right on the main street. The map given on this app is misleading, it's actually down an alley way off the main street. Definitely watch the YouTube video before going! I didn't have cell phone service or wifi at the time and it was extremely frustrating walking up and down the street.

cute and you would never know! - Edit

i came here for lunch after reading the reviews on happy cow. it was cute and very out of the way, so much so that i wonder how he gets business without anyone reading about it on here! (i was the only one there for lunch). menu small but fine. my food was tasty but maybe a little oily. i started to walk there to find it but then gave up and got a taxi. now that i know where it is it isn't that hard, bali need more street names on their maps though! a nice little hideaway cafe with a pleasant owner.

Great, cheap and definitely tasty - Edit

Tasty vegan is an awesome place. There isn't much more in the Seminyak/Kuta area (nothing completely vegan anyway), so we were really happy when we found Tasty Vegan.

The owner is a nice guy and the place is quaint and peaceful.

They can also deliver for around 5000-10000 rupiah (very cheap).

Pros: Cheap, Very tasty, Great quality

Amazing Secret Place!! - Edit

This was our best find in Bali. The food is fantastic, all homemade and incredibly delicious. Great range of food, very inexpensive, and the sweetest most compassionate owners you'll ever meet. It's small, just a few tables on their verandah surrounded by garden, fishpond, butterflies, etc. What a delight! It's like going to a friend's place for a meal. To find it: come down Jl. Raya Basangkasa (main road). Watch for a little side alley/street called Dewata. There's a Talenta shop on the corner. Go down just a bit to the Dewata Villas. There's no sign, but there's a security guard and he'll show you to the verandah. Highly recommended!

Pros: Delicious home-made high quality food, secret garden, totally private, quiet, Extremely reasonable prices

Cons: Hard to find first time, but worth it

still open ? - Edit

I find the exact adress in the little street, in the house. There was no tables but guys, I ask them and they didn't know the restaurant ...

2 Responses

Friendly & tranquil snack stop. - Edit

Visited May 2013. Special thanks to one of the reviews below with specific directions-- this place is difficult to find!! We spent about 20 minutes walking up & down the main street, poking our heads down each alley, about to give up when we entered the serene green of Tasty Vegan. We were greeted warmly & casually & ordered bbq satay sticks & coffee. The dish was some type of fake meat which was pretty realistic & not really my thing but a great BBQ flavour & wonderful value being a decent size plate for the low price. The rest of the menu looked good, simple choices & all fairly priced. The atmosphere was very peaceful & set outdoors on a patio with a pond, lush ferns, artwork on the walls etc. The host was ultra friendly & after our afternoon snack we chatted & he showed us his retro kombi van which was emblazoned with pro-vegan stickers. ^_^ Cool guy & a nice secret place to visit if you are in Seminyak. Also, he said he will put a sign out on the main street to help people find the right alley.. let's hope he does!

Pros: Peaceful, Affordable, Friendly vegan owner

Cons: Difficult to find

Pleasant atmosphere for small scale operation - Edit

Restaurant is off a small alley off the northernmost part of the main thoroughfare running through Seminyak (Jln Basangakasa). Walk down the alley (to the left if you are heading north on Jln Basangaakasa) and after about 100-200 m you will see a gate with 15B on it. Enter and inside there are about 3-4 houses that make up the villa. The immediate first one is the restaurant.
Recommended dish: mushroom satay

Pros: Pleasant atmosphere

Delicious, delivery, easy and fast - Edit

They delivered food right to our hotel for only 5000rp (around .50usd)They don't have a menu online but had a menu delivered which was really nice. The menu itself could definitely use improvement but the food is great, seemed very authentic balinese. Had the nasi campur which was served with a soy or fake meat of some kind that my friend thought was real meat. So I was afraid to try it at first but on further examination I am pretty sure it was fake and they just did a great job preparing it. Also it's very cheap 12000 for a whole meal (around 1.50usd).

Pros: Tasty, delivery, cheap

Cons: location, menu description, online info/website etc

Not easy to find, but really really good one. - Edit

It was really not easy to find, because you have to take a very small "road" for few metter from the main road. then you arrive in a property, like an house, with few tables in the garden. There you are in Tasty Vegan. The menu is not very big, but really enough to have a very good dinner or lunch with enough choice to make everybody happy. They serve also fresh salad, its not often the case in Asia. I loved this place, because you really forget the noisy roads of Bali... you are just in a little paradise.

Fantastic vegan food at a cheap price - Edit

We had fantastic vegan food delivered to our door.Wisnu the owner operator is the most humble kindhearted man who was extremely helpful.He speaks fluent English. The food was delicious and had a homemade taste.It's so wonderful to be in a foreign country and find vegan food let alone cheap,fresh and tasty food.I would highly recommend trying the delivery service.

Pros: cheap, convenient, tasty

Return to Bali Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Tasty Vegan closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 7680 times since Nov 2011.