Tasty Harmony

Contact 970-689-3234

160 W Oak St, Fort Collins, Colorado, USA, 80524

Vegetarian and vegan food in a relaxed atmosphere. Mostly vegan except honey and possible some breads and butter in dishes - check with your server. Varied menu with dishes like tempeh reuben, jackfruit bbq sandwich, Caesar salad, fried chik'n, gravy, plus some big & small plates and salads. Open Tue-Thu 11:00am-9:00pm, Fri-Sat 11:00am-10:00pm, Sun 11:00am-8:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, American, Organic, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Mexican

First Review by jdame

My Favorite Restaurant - Edit

Even the most veg-friendly restaurants in FOCO normally only have a handful of completely vegan options. That's not this restaurant at all! The few dishes that do have dairy in them are clearly marked, otherwise everything else is vegan. The food is incredibly delicious and very varied. The atmosphere is great, and the staff is very friendly and helpful. They have breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert options. There's something for everyone here- even my meat-eating friends and family like to eat here.

Pros: Delicious food, Helpful staff, Great atmosphere

Cons: The wait can be a bit long, Hot spot for screaming babies, -

great taste! - Edit

Large menu, almost everything is vegan. I got the burrito, it was out of this world! The restaurant was super busy so our meal took a while, but our waitress gave us a free cookie for waiting, it was such a sweet gesture and the cookie was delicious! We also got the lemon lavender cake, BEST DESERT I HAVE EVER HAD!!

LOVE this place! - Edit

Almost everything on the menu is vegan. The Kentucky Fried Freedom is the best seitan I have had. The nachos topped with jackfruit were divine, and the Philly French Dip was amazing. They also have a great 'build your own' bowl option where you can choose your protein, toppings and sauce. The Samurai Bowl with crusted tempeh was fantastic. I have only been in FOCO for 1 1/2 months, and I have eaten here at least a dozen times. The waitstaff are attentive and knowledgeable, and the atmosphere is relaxed and comfortable. If you haven't given Tasty Harmony a try, you are missing out!,

Pros: Great Food, Great Service, Great Variety

Cons: a little pricey

Great Vegan Eats - Edit

Incredibly vegan friendly pace. Your friends who may not share similar dietary convictions will feel equally welcome and satisfied with the options on the compassionate menu. Worth every penny. Currently, I'm obsessed with their curry. A-maz-ing. I'll keep coming back and bring my friends too.

Pros: Compassionate menu, Varied menu options, Great service

Our new favorite place to go! - Edit

Lots of great vegan options, delicious food, friendly waitstaff, good vibe. What's not to like! Everything we've tried has been great.....but the burger gets my vote for best all time vegan burger! Even on chilly days when the sun is shining....you can sit outside and bring your pups. So glad to have found this place. We've only lived here 3 weeks have already been there too many times to count. Try the Kentucky Fried Freedom plate...and the chocolate peanut butter pie.....delish!

Pros: Great food, Nice vibe, Friendly staff

all vegan! - Edit

The only non-vegan item is a bread everything else is now vegan. Nice broad menu from salads to tempeh reubens. Ordered a jackfruit bbq sandwich, Caesar salad, and macro salad. Really great food.

Great choice - Edit

This place was great! I got the Kentucky Fried Freedom, a southern style plate. It was delicious. I liked the fried chik'n, gravy, and greens especially. The mashed potatoes and black eyed peas were okay. This meal was very filling, and I didn't even finish it all. My husband got the Heart of Provence. The flavor combination was so, so good and savory, I was kinda jealous of his plate. He finished all of it. The atmosphere was pretty relaxed even though we came in 30 minutes til closing. Prices were a bit higher than my husband likes ($14ish for an entree) but I thought it was a decent price for the quality. I definitely recommend this place.

Pros: Vegan options, Gluten free options, Deliciousness

Cons: Price

Contributions +501

Very Impressed! - Edit

We ate here twice while on vacation and loved the food both times. The food we got was to go, but it was packaged very well and the staff was quite friendly. The food, though, was amazing! We loved the French Philly sandwich so much that we both got it the second time we went. Definitely would go back here. My only complaint is that they're not completely vegan, even though they could easily be.

Pros: Almost Completely Vegan, Friendly Staff

Great place 02/28/2015 - Edit

Highly recommended. My wife and I visited there today, I ordered the Kentucky fried plate, my wife ordered the soup of the day (tortilla), desert was the lemon- lavender sugar cookie and the raw German chocolate pie. Everything was great! The server was very knowledgable. We will go again when we are in northern Colorado.

Pros: Selection, Quality, Vegan!

Finally, a Vegan Restaurant! - Edit

First time visiting Tasty Harmony. Best Vegan food I've ever had and am pleased that we live close enough to visit many more times eating out.
Eating here is inspiring for our taste buds and of course our better health. And if inclined to have wine or a beer, they serve that too, besides Vegan Smoothies!
On the menu from starters to the desserts, it's all Vegan. Try their Chocolate Chili!

Pros: Excellent Vegan food, Excellent infomative staff, Very affordable

Very happy I came Here - Edit

It's my first time in Fort Collins and there was hippie people everywhere I was really impressed. Came to this restaurant because it was vegan and I follow vegan guidelines so it was a match made for me. I ordered the Reuben sandwich with black bean soup. I also got a glass of ricemilk and I absolutely love ricemilk. I thought the bean soup was too bean tasting like straight out of the can. I didn't like my sandwich at all, I ate around the edges. I freaking loved this place though, I personally should've got something I knew I would like instead of just trying something new. I just sat there and admired the people and the decor, I do love tea cups.

Pros: Tea cups, Hippie people, RICEMILK

Cons: Rueben sandwich, Bland soup, Too much cinniamon on my chai I choked

awsome place to have good food - Edit

located in a good place, great eats went there a couple of times in which they have changed their menus over but every time I went there the food was amazingly good and I won't feel bad afterwards, I mainly order raw dishes but even cooked food is amazing also, I love there nachos, raw noodles, smoothies, deserts, salads

Outstanding food, not price - Edit

Tasty Harmony is excellent, sources local and organic foods, etc—but I rarely visit here unless I feel like I just found $100 on the street. Sadly it is rather out of my price range... don't visit here if you're adverse to dropping a week's food budget in one meal; alack!

Pros: Excellent food, Local sources

Cons: High price, Not-friendly staff

Very tasty indeed - Edit

As a vegan who eats gluten free, I am used to having very few choices when I go out -- usually only one or two items on the menu. But at Tasty Harmony I was overwhelmed by the cornucopia of options. The menu is almost entirely vegan and mostly gluten free (they very clearly identify menu items that contain dairy or are not gluten free). They even have gluten free beer. I had tempeh fajitas, and they were awesome. I will definitely be back to sample more of their extensive menu.

Highly recommended!

Pros: Great atmosphere, Great food, Lots of gluten-free options

Cons: Can get busy

Went Once, Still Fond Years Later - Edit

I only went to this restaurant one time, but the great flavors still come to mind years later.

Pros: Menu, Quality, Friendly

Cons: Moderate price, portions, Distance from my home

Best in Fort Collins - Edit

Tasty Harmony is a must-go restaurant for any vegan in Fort Collins. While they do have some dairy cheese on the menu, pretty much everything can be made vegan, all their desserts are vegan, and they also have a number of raw options. The Big Boy Burger is the best vegan burger I've ever had, hands down. They also have a great rotating selection of craft beer on tap. Used to do a fantastic vegan brunch but don't at this time.

Pros: Mostly vegan, all vegetarian, Excellent rotating seasonal menu, Friendly, knowledgeable staff

Cons: Can get crowded and loud

tasty harmony - Edit

Nice restaurant. Prices are medium to high. Lunch specials are affordable and great. Almost everything on the menu is or can be vegan. Lots of raw food options. They do have dairy cheeses on the menu.
All in all it's pretty delicious. Definately the best vegan food in fort collins in my opinions.

Pros: raw food options, lots of vegan food, lunch specials

Cons: some dairy

fabulous food - raw options - Edit

Ate at this place twice during my short stay in Fort Collins. Wished I lived here so I could eat here all the time. Several raw options on the menu including a fabulous raw falafal and hummus plate (yum!). They have green juice. They have wonderful smoothies (not the typical fruit and yogurt smoothies but brazil-nut milk smoothies with raw ingredients). I can't say enough about the food here. The wait staff was not the friendliest but it didn't deter me in the least.

Pros: green juice, raw options

Cons: wait staff not friendly

Great food, relaxing atmoshphere & friendly staff - Edit

Best Vegan food in Fort Collins! My daughter and I would eat here every day if we could. Everything on the menu is delicious but our favorites are the Big Boy Burger, the Nacho's, The Big Macrobiotic plate, and the raw chocolate mousse pie. Highly recommended!

Pros: Vegan, Comfortable , Healthy

OMG! SOOO delicious! - Edit

I am SO grateful to find this impeccable vegan eatery in the middle of cow country, where steakhouses, churches, and bars are rampant. The location is ideal - right off the downtown shopping/walking district, but on a side street, so parking is not difficult. They have plenty of seating, which is comfortable and nicely decorated. Clean, nice lighting, very comfortable environment, but the FOOD! The food is incredible! What these people do with Jackfruit is amazing. Their raw pies are impeccable and gluten-free selections abound, so every diet restriction is easily accommodated. Customer service is excellent. I can't say enough good stuff about this place. I eat vegan all over the U.S. and abroad a bit and this is one of the best vegan restaurants in the whole country! If you live anywhere in Colorado or in southeast Wyoming, this place is worth the drive - go try it!

Pros: delicious, great ambience, gluten-free options abound

Cons: limited hours, so call ahead, parking can get rough on occasion, organic vegan food can be expensive

Yummy but expensive - Edit

Their food is super yummy. I just wish they would offer the banana split dessert again!

The food is creative and yummy.. but it's expensive and that includes the drinks (even just tea or a beer). Luckily, most of the meals are big enough to share, especially if you get dessert to share.

Try the nachos (they're huge!) or the fried freedom dish when you're craving something totally fried. It hits the spot.

Pros: Creative., Yummy., Local!

Cons: Expensive.

Love it! - Edit

I absolutely love this place! the food is super tasty, fresh, and menu items are very creative. Portions are large with the salads being a great meal in and of themselves. The chocolate smoothie with almonds (called ABC I think) it divine. I have not tried anything I didn't love yet, and look forward to going here every time I'm in Fort Collins!

Pros: tasty, fresh, local, creative menu

Cons: price sometimes

Disappointing - Edit

I can remember being excited when Tasty Harmony first opened. Finally, a vegetarian (mostly vegan) restaurant in Fort Collins. So, we ate there quite regularly for awhile and we tried to encourage others to do the same. But when the initial excitement wore off, we found that there were certain things that we didn't like. First, while some of the food is very good, the portions are usually too small. We often found ourselves hungry as soon as we were done eating. I think that they are trying to keep the cost of a meal down even though most of the ingredients are organic. Second, relying mostly on local ingredients (except for the jackfruit) severely limited variety in vegetables. Third, the service is almost always very slow. Fourth, I like plain iced tea and it doesn't seem to be available. You can get hot teas but getting ice for your beverage is difficult. You must request it and even then you don't get much since it's bagged ice. I believe that they filter their water but don't have an ice machine. Fifth, the place is often too hot (summer) or too cold (winter). So, unfortunately, I have to give a review of "disappointing". I really want to like the place but there are too many little things that bother me about eating there. And after all, eating out is about the complete experience, not just the food.

Pros: Food

Cons: Service, Variety, Portion Sizes

Great food with not so great service - Edit

I brought a non-veg friend here and was hoping to wow her with great vegan food. The food was delicious but she asked for no onions and got a sandwich covered in them and they were really difficult to take off as they were covered in a sauce. It also took forever to get our food. I am willing to let it slide this time as the food was so good and fresh. The raw blueberry cheesecake was a real treat but I was a little surprised by the $7.50 price tag. My lunch was less than the desert we shared but great vegan place overall and I will return to give the service another try.

Pros: great food, fresh, local

Cons: service, prices

A vegan's dream - Edit

One of my favorites in Fort Collins!! With a large, seasonally changing menu, Tasty Harmony is very vegan friendly. The raw desserts will satisfy ANY palate, as will the menu items! I begin craving their dishes when away for some time. With all homemade sauces, dressings, gravies, and salsas, you are in for a fresh and healthy flavor explosion!

Pros: Friendly staff, awesome dishes, serves beer and wine

Cons: Closed on Mondays

Delicious! - Edit

My boyfriend and I absolutely love Tasty Harmony. Their food is delectable, fresh and healthy! They are community and environmentally conscious, while still delivering an amazing gourmet product to your table in a relaxed, friendly environment. We've taken several non-veg friends to eat there, and they have all loved it (every single one, out of the 7 or 8 non-veg friends we've introduced it to). You won't be disappointed, and I would highly recommend taking any of the wait staff recommendations as well. I haven't tried something there yet that I don't like.

Wonderful find! - Edit

Wow, what a fun find Tasty Harmony was during a July night in Fort Collins! We got there shortly before closing and the place was packed, but we sat out on the patio with no wait. Service was a little slow due to our late arrival and the crowd, but our waitress made our wait enjoyable by being attentive, solicitous, helpful and very fun. And our delicious meal was worth the wait! I had the "Heart of Provence" and my husband had "La Sobrosa Burrito." They were both beautiful and delicious, and as much as I enjoyed mine, when he let me have a taste of his burrito I wished I'd ordered it instead! (Next time!) We also loved our desserts - raw key lime pie and a brownie with chocolate ganache - which were pricey but a wonderful treat. I can't speak to the inconsistency of the food that one reviewer mentioned, ours was fantastic and our service was great, and the place sure looked really popular! There are a lot of good places for vegans to eat in Ft. Collins, but Tasty Harmony now tops our list!

Pros: Mostly vegan - food quality & taste A+!, Great service

Cons: Can be crowded for dinner

GREAT service, inconsistent food - Edit

Service is GREAT, but the food is inconsistent. The flavor, the portion size, and the presentation varies drastically. When the food's good, it's REALLY good. But it's frustrating when it's not.

Pros: awesome service, menu variety, healthy options

Cons: inconsistent food

Absolutely! - Edit

Absolutely divine! Ask for the Raw meal of the day! Fabulous people, fabulous place, Outstanding grub!

Pros: Food perfection , Great staff, Great atomospher

Cons: Not in my hometown

Reliable and Encouraging! - Edit

Tasty Harmony has yet to disappoint me. Every time my best friend and I go there we make an effort to get something new (which is hard since we love all the stuff we've had!) Their menu is VAST and there creative use of alternative cuisine encourages you to experiment with food and stick with a vegan diet. The portions are PLEANTIFUL and every dish is completely satisfying without leaving you with a heavy, sickly feeling. Try Tasty Harmony and encourage your non-veg friends and family to try it, they will be shocked that fresh vegan food can be so wonderful! My only complaint is that the prices are a bit steep, but fair considering the quality of food. Also, the service has been so-so but i always enjoy myself. :)

Pros: Fabulous Food, Creative and Healthy, Portions are great

Cons: Price ?, Service (somtimes)

One of the best ever!!!!!! - Edit

We lucked out on this GREAT restaurant!!!! The food was fresh, tasty, creative and fun. The staff was friendly and very helpful. We truly enjoyed ourselfs!

Pros: Food, Service

Cons: Parking, Noisy street with trains

Great Food - Edit

Maybe a little pricey, probably because the food is organic. But it's very tasty and looks nice, too. I'm so happy we finally have a vegetarian restaurant (especially one that is vegan!) in Ft. Collins.

so fantastic! - Edit

This place is crazy good. I looked at the menu and was soooo overwhelmed. They have a reuben sandwich, nachos (with great cashew cheese and 'sour cream'), burrito, and comfort food like mashed potatoes and gravy. But then they have upscale dishes too. I had a cup of mushroom and white bean soup and it was amazing, like it was cooked all day and it was nice and thick. I split the mashed potatoes/gravy/seitan plate and nachos. The nachos were great, like when u make them at home and u actually get a bunch of stuff like guac, 'cream', salsa, and 'cheese'. It was my first time there, but my friend has been there a few times and said that she's never been disappointed. Definetly want to go back everyday.

Pros: vegan desserts, daily specials, comfort food

Cons: spendy

Awesome - Edit

This place is located in Old Town, right across the street from Trailhead (and near all the other great bars), so it's great to hit them up for dinner after shopping or before hitting up the bar scene. They are 99% vegan (only one salad dish is not, it has goat cheese in it). The food is great and there's a lot of variety. Lots of raw and gluten-free options (including desert). I had the cornmeal crusted tempeh with polenta and it was amazing. My friend had the seitan, mashed potatoes, and sourkraut, which was also delicious but very heavy and on the salty side so it's better to share that dish than to tackle it solo. I tried the gluten-free cake and wasn't that impressed, but I didn't realize it was gluten-free until after the fact. My friends love the raw key lime pie.

Pros: Variety, Almost 100% Vegan, Location

Cons: Pricey

Return to Fort Collins Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Tasty Harmony closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 7621 times since Mar 2009.