Tasty Garden

303-452-8888

420 E 120th Ave, Unit B5 (at Washington), Northglenn, Colorado, USA, 80233

Serves meat, vegan options available. Available are veganized versions of Chinese favorites. All faux meats are made with soy protein tofu. Also serves Vietnamese noodle bowls and Thai curries (coconut milk-based). Lunch specials.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Chinese, Non-veg

First Review by flowerferguson

very disappointed - Edit

I was looking for a vegan option on this end of town and I checked this place out for the first time. I ordered the drunken noodles, and they were drenched in sauce that we did not taste very good. I have ordered this dish hundreds of times and I have never had one taste this bad. The service was also slow even though I was the only one in the restaurant. I will not be back to this place.

Surprise find in Northglenn! - Edit

HappyCow, you never cease to amaze me! We find ourselves hungry in Northglenn which is a Denver suburb and my husband suggusted looking at the HappyCow app. This little place popped up minutes from where we were!
Now on to the review! The pictures that have already been posted give you a good idea of how this little strip mall locations looks. We were informed that not all of the faux meat was breaded using egg. My husband got the Vegetarian Mongolian beef - not breaded! Delicious! And my daughter and I shared the Vegetarian Chicken Brocolli. This had a savory brown sauce. Also delicious! Some of the dishes they do bread the faux meat, just ask which ones are safe. For instance, the Sweet and Sour could not be made vegan.

Pros: typical chinese fare w/faux meat options or Tofu

Definitely "Tasty" - Edit

We just moved to Westminster, CO. It was our first ever visit to Tasty Garden in an attempt to find a good Asian cuisine restaurant with vegan options that could replace our favorite one in Omaha, NE. This place didn't disappoint! It doesn't have the nicest, cleanest looking atmosphere or exterior building, but it's food sure makes up for it. First, I'll point out that the woman informed us that they use eggs in the breading for their mock meats. So neither the "Vegetarian Chicken" or the veg-beef options are vegan. This was sad because we wanted to try their soy protein faux meats. Now I'll move on to what we did get...we ordered Kung Pao Tofu and Sesame Tofu with a side order of Spring Rolls. Both of the tofu dishes were indeed TASTY! Really, they were very, very good! Kung Pao is spicy by nature, and that held up. The tofu was not breaded and the texture was perfect, pretty firm. The Sesame tofu was breaded (without eggs) and had amazing flavor. Yum! They give you more than enough food and they don't skimp on the rice portions. The spring rolls were good (filled with lettuce, rice noodles, cilantro and wrapped in rice paper) served with a peanut sauce which was very sweet and kind of reminded me of peanut butter. Price for two entrees and Spring Rolls was $24.

Pros: Tofu is prepared properly, Big portions for entrees and rice, Delicious flavors

Cons: Unattractive sitting area (we got takeout anyway), Eggs in the breading on mock meats

Return to Northglenn Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Tasty Garden closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.