Tastebuds

Contact 707-463-2253

405 S State St (at E Perkins St), Ukiah, California, USA, 95482

Serves organic vegetarian food with vegan options (95% vegan). Supports sustainable agriculture, local farmers and green initiatives. Open Mon-Fri 11:00am-9:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, International, Organic, Fast food, Salad bar, Take-out

First Review by nsweeney

Clean fast food - Edit

I'm very happy that Tastebuds is in Ukiah. Their food is similar to food I would make at home- various lentils, beans, whole grains, and vegetable dishes. Also some raw options including raw pies.
The other day I went for the combo plate, and it was delicious- I chose some garlicky kale, curried garbanzos, and a carrot-beet-cauliflower dish. All good and simple.
For $8.50 it filled me up, and felt good in my body. And it was super fast, so I could take it with me to the mechanic and eat it while they fixed my car.

The hemp shakes are DIVINE! No sugar, but sweetened with dates. I love the nettle/vanilla/goji/ berry combo!
When I was there, I would have loved to try the tempeh or something similar, but they only had several mock meats with gluten.

With all that praise said, about one out of 4 times I've gone here, the food has not been very good....undercooked veggies, bland pasta....so there is a risk you come on an off day....
Updated from previous review on Friday October 11, 2013

Updated from previous review on Wednesday June 18, 2014

Pros: healthy, simple, delicious

Cons: nothing wrong here, sometimes weird flavors, inconsistent

~EPIC FOOD,BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE!!!~ONE LOVE - Edit

~All I can say is 5*****star all the way!!!Your sure to run into some one beautiful and smart while visiting this restaurant!!The food is great,the people are nice,the inside is beautifully designed eco, with recycled reclaimed building materials,and old growth redwood.Beautiful fun restaurant and such a thoughtful ideah for down town Ukiah.We really needed this place!It is a great contribution to the community here!Really worth your support!This restaurant is focused on making earth friendly changes to better there community and the food they eat.The food is organic!Severed with all eco natural biodegradable cups,forks,plates,spoon, napkins ext.Cooked with no hard cooking oils..,and offering Raw and vegan options,not to mention the Amazing and healthy desserts!!!Such a positive business to support if your hungry and in the Ukiah area!~ Big ups, to Taste Buds!And Big ups,to all of Northern California for supporting this epic joint!!You guys are truly Blessed and Amazing!!~5 *****STAR ~Thanks again!

Pros: Organic, Healthy, Beautiful

Fantastic food- extremely vegan friendly - Edit

My husband and I were on a roadtrip and found ourselves very hungry and traveling through Ukiah. We decided to try Tastebuds and were extremely pleasantly surprised to find that almost everything was vegan. We both had combo plates which is 3 items from their already prepared dishes. All of the items were really good, the bbq tofu was my favorite. Staff was very friendly as well. I would make it a point to stop and eat here if I am ever in the area again.

Pros: Vegan friendly, Very good food, Friendly staff

Return to Ukiah Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Tastebuds closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2390 times since Jan 2013.