Taste of Tropical

( 1 review )

530 Joseph E Lowery Blvd SW, Atlanta, Georgia, USA, 30310

Serves meat, vegan options available. Small Jamaican restaurant in the West End. Has vegetable sides plus jerk tofu, curry tofu, barbecue tofu, brown stew tofu, vegetable patties, coco bread, and house-made drinks like sorrell and ginger beer. Open Mon-Sat 11:00am-8:00pm.

Categories: Take-out, Bakery, Caribbean, Jamaican, Non-veg

1 Review

First Review by TreyLegall

The Best [Tofu] I've Ever Had! - Edit

I am of Caribbean descent, so I am very picky about Caribbean food. I heard that this place had great veggie patties (they're made with eggs though 😖), so I decided to pay a visit. I ordered the Jerk Tofu plate with two veggie sides. The first thing I experienced while eating was the incredible jerk sauce that is so delicious and flavorful! It has the perfect amount of spice. The second thing that I noticed is how the tofu is prepared. To this day, I have *never* have tofu prepared this well--even at solely vegan restaurants! It is somehow crispy, yet juicy and the flavor seeps though each bite! They have other flavors for the tofu, so even if you don't like jerk, there is something for you! The portion is GREAT (along with the veggies) and very well-priced.

Also, for any roti lovers, the roti skin (when they have it) is authentic to the Trini/West Indian culture! They have a veggie and tofu option for the roti as well.

Pros: Tofu!, Jerk flavor, Roti skin

Cons: Meat, dairy, and eggs in other dishes, Not much seating

Return to Atlanta Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Taste of Tropical closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.