Taste of Tandoor

• Veg-friendly
Contact 703-897-7200

13836 Smoketown Rd (at Minnieville Rd ), Woodbridge, Virginia, USA, 22191

Serves meat, vegan options available. Special vegetarian menu included, with vegan items clearly labelled (including non-vegetarian sections of the menu). Staff knowledgeable about ingredients in food.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian, Non-veg

First Review by gatogo72

Delicious Vegan options! - Edit

I have eaten at Taste Of Tandoor for at least 7 years, their food is soooo delicious and for us vegans there are several options on the menu to choose from. Their "Indian Hot" is REALLY hot:-)

Pros: Delicious food, Great service , Good pricing

Very Vegan Friendly - Edit

The lunch buffet (available 7 days a week, including holidays) is excellent. There are usually three vegan dishes available, although I swear the dal maharani does not taste vegan. Their menu has all the vegan dishes clearly marked, including appetizers/breads. I like that the menu is available during the lunch buffet--most places would not let me order off the menu.

I found out today that the owner has a vegan mango lassi that's not on the menu. It is awesome! I believe he said he uses an almond milk yogurt.

Pros: vegan friendly, awesome staff, vegan mango lassi!!!

Cons: not as flavorful/spicy as I would like, can get busy

Simply The Best - Edit

There are no other vegan options in Woodbridge. The owner of the restaurant and his wait staff are superb. The food is tasty, clean, prepared fresh and the "hot" is to you specifications. The restroom is clean and always well stocked. The waiters are so attentive and when you enter the restaurant they smile and greet you by name. Vegan items on the menu are clearly marked and they don't mind answering questions. The price for the meals is appropriate. They have a lunch buffet that is well stocked and always features their signature dish,"Butter Chicken." But I'm vegan but my family loves the butter chicken. I prefer the dahl, or aloo gobi.

Pros: flavorful, clean, vegan

Cons: dishes can be greasy, no daily specials

Excellent, years of quality veg-friendly service! - Edit

My family and I have been going to Taste of Tandoor for well over 10 years now, and every year the menu and staff become more knowledgable about veganism and more willing to accommodate. The staff know what veganism is, and they know the ingredients in all of their dishes, and are happy to provide suggestions. (Generally, in fact, the staff is simply friendly and kind overall). I suppose I should also mention that the interior of the restaurant is quite beautiful, with elegant decor (but also funny touches, like the rubber shark in the water fountain).

Vegan options are now clearly labeled on the menu (including on the online menu), and they are plentiful! Options range from a delicious chana masala to fried okra to lentils to eggplant ... etc. etc. In our many years of coming here, I have never been served a dish I did not enjoy. I sometimes find that the midday buffet is too meat heavy, but even that has become more vegan-friendly in recent months, and items from the menu are always available instead. My favorite dishes are probably Mixed Vegetables and Daal Maharni.

My big regret is that there is no vegan option for the Naan (though there are other vegan breads available), and that there are no vegan desserts.

** I would give it 5 stars if I could! But it serves meat, so HappyCow only allows me to give it 4 stars.

Pros: excellent service, friendly, vegan options (labeled), very tasty food!!

Cons: no vegan desserts

Great Indian Food..Really CLEAN!! - Edit

My husband and I were on our way to do some Christmas shopping and were STARVING, but didn't want to get caught in the mess of mall traffic trying to find something vegan to eat. I used my Happy Cow app, and up popped Taste of Tandor. I was so glad! The vegan choices were plentiful (even more if you are vegetarian) and the food is FANTASTIC! Also, the place is SPOTLESS! They have a buffet (I didn't eat it..had mostly meat options) and the servers were constantly cleaning the dishes! The tables and menus were squeaky clean! The funny thing was that I had to convince my waiter that I actually wanted my dish "Indian HOT" lol..He didn't believe me for a while. He said that HE didn't even eat it that hot! Well after promising not to send it back, he served it up very hot..and it was amazing! I really loved it! They have many choices for dessert and bread as well. They are very knowledgeable about veganism here.

Pros: lots of choices, clean, quality

Cons: serve meat

Fantastic Indian food! - Edit

On a recent visit to Ikea in Woodbridge we needed to find someplace for dinner and Taste of Tandoor fit the bill perfectly! The food was amazing and vegan items are clearly marked on the menu. The waitstaff were very nice and helpful also. We will be making this our go to stop when heading to Potomac Mills.

Vegan paradise in Woodbridge - Edit

My husband and I love this place. The food is always great and the service wonderful. As vegan's we can order straight off the menu without any substitutes or ommissions. It is also the only Indian restaurant that serves truly Indian hot, upon request. Try the lunch buffet - great value! I would give Taste of Tandoor 5 stars, but Happy Cow said the highest I can give is 4!

Pros: vegan options, great staff, awesome food

Return to Woodbridge Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Taste of Tandoor closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1998 times since Aug 2011.