First Review by Journey_On

Great for vegetarians, vegans, and omnivores! - Edit

My boyfriend and I came here for dinner. He is an omnivore, and I am a vegetarian (but prefer vegan whenever possible). We were so pleased with all the choices on the menu! For me, there were so many vegetarian and vegan choices that I had a hard time deciding what to order (which is not a "problem" I encounter often!). The servers were quick and attentive (e.g., great with drink refills). Our food came out quicker than we were expecting, and the food was delicious. We would love to come back here again in future visits to Melbourne.

Pros: Excellent food, Fast service, Large menu

Great Vegan Options - Edit

I love how vegan friendly this place is! They have modified their menu to indicate what is vegan, which is quite helpful! You must call ahead for vegan rice though. We always enjoy the vegetable samosa appetizer. Currently my favorite dish is the Chana Masala, no ginger.

Good lunch buffet - Edit

Went to this restaurant while in Melbourne because of Happy Cow reviews. I love Indian food, have Indian friends who cook for me and take me to restaurants they think are good. Taste of India compares favorably. They have a large buffet for lunch for about $13. Not a lot of attention from wait staff - they don't seem to have assigned tables. We just helped ourselves and flagged someone down to get our drinks. Still it was a good lunch
Updated from previous review on Saturday November 09, 2013

Pros: large selection, well prepared food, clean

Cons: inattentive wait staff

Bad food - Edit

Food was very bland and not authentic. Twenty minutes after I requested fresh chilies for some spice, they brought me 4 half rotten chilies. I am used to Indian staff sometimes not always being friendly, but these people were purposely mean. The staff was a foreign mix rather than all Indians, so I think that is why it didn't taste like Indian food.

Cons: bland, not fresh

Out of This World Scrumptious! - Edit

We have been going to Taste of India since they first opened in Melbourne and have never found another Indian restaurant that can even come close in taste and quality. I even overheard an Indian customer comment to his server that he couldn't find food this good on his latest trip to India! Even though I haven't visited India, I can believe his statement. It's just that good!

If you go for their lunch buffet, you can enjoy about 3/4 of the food as a vegetarian. However, if you are vegan, it's probably best to order off the menu, since they use butter and cheese in most of their dishes. On their menu, they have an entire huge vegetarian section, for each appetizers and entrees. And, they will take special requests for vegan and allergies.

The servers are all wonderful and super professional. Some are a bit shy b/c of the language, but most are very friendly. The manager is fabulous and can answer any question you may have. Super professional and super nice.

They are so good that they now have four locations throughout Florida (Tampa, Brandon, and W. Palm Beach, as well as the original in Melbourne).

Pros: Taste, taste and taste!!, Yummy!!, Did I mention the taste?

Return to Melbourne Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Taste of India closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1564 times since Jul 2008.