REMOVED: Taste of Himalayas

( 1 review )

630-444-1575

110 N 3rd St, St Charles, Illinois, USA, 60174

Serves meat, vegan options available. Nepalese and North Indian food. The Nepalese vegetarian dishes are vegan by default. Removed Mar 2018 - serves lamb.

Categories: Lacto, Indian, Nepali, Non-veg

1 Review

First Review by Zamboni

Amazing Vegan Dishes!! - Edit

Tried to rate for 5 stars, but the app reserves that for fully vegan/vegetarian places.

Went here for my birthday, and I am so glad we did!! The owner, Jack, greeted us and showed us to our table. We told him we have never been there before, and that we were vegan. He said he had lots of vegan options, and he was not kidding!!
He guided us through the menu and there were a lot of choices. My wife and I ordered about six different dishes and every single one of them were delicious!! I would tell you what we ordered, but most dishes I could not pronounce. The description of each item on the menu is very helpful.

After dinner, he heard my wife say it was my birthday, since we could not have cake, he gave me a thank you card with well wishes for my birthday. 😁

We ordered our food medium heat, which was a little more heat than we expected, but VERY delicious. They offer mild heat also, in case you're not into all the heat.

Sweet man. Outstanding food!! A hidden gem for us vegans!! Every bit of five stars, if only the app would let me!!!

*** UPDATE***

I was able to figure out what we ordered by their online menu...

Taste of Himalaya

Vegetarian appetizers
1- vegetable samosa -$4
4- mixed vegetable pakora -$6

From the Garden
55- palungo ko saag -$12
58- bhuteko cauli -$12

Basmati rice specialties
62- Vegetable biryani -$14 (fried rice)

Freshly tandoori baked breads
77- aloo paratha -$4

Pros: Lots of vegan options!! Very delicious foods.

Cons: none

Return to St Charles Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has REMOVED: Taste of Himalayas closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.