Taste of Ethiopia

Contact 512-251-4053

1100 Grand Ave Parkway, Pflugerville, Texas, USA, 78660

Serves meat, vegan options available. As with Ethiopian restaurants, the menu includes vegetable dishes, this place offers 10 dishes. Daily lunch buffet 11am-2pm is all vegan. Open . Open daily.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Buffet, Take-out, Ethiopian, Non-veg

First Review by Jackson71

Friendly, helpful staff! - Edit

Delicious food and a staff who understood our vegan requests - you DO need to specify that you don't want butter on the vegetarian dishes. They're more than willing to accommodate. The inside restaurant is small but the patio is too warm (in July) but it just shows how good they are that they were full at lunch!

Pros: Easily made vegan , Ethiopian coffee! Yum!

Cons: Can't order off menu without customizing.

My Absolute Favorite Place to Eat - Edit

I live in Austin and have visited plenty of veg friendly restaurants. None of them hold a candle to the food and service offered at Taste of Ethiopia. There's another Ethiopian restaurants the long-time locals like to rave about, but it too cannot match the level of friendly service or feel of cleanliness. My plant-based husband and I LOVE coming here for date night. We share the veg sampler platter and the Ethiopian coffee afterwards.
The food is NOT oily at all. The flavors are bright, full of flavor and the spicier entrees are never too hot to enjoy. The injera is made in house from the Winnie's (the owner) own special recipe. She offers a gluten-free injera, too. The lunch buffet is offers all vegan options with one meat offering. Lunch time is a great time to get your fill on their vegan dishes.
I rate this restaurant 5 happy cows, but the system only allows me to rate 4 for non veg restaurants.

Pros: Excellent tasting vegan options, Friendly and attentive service, Cozy, clean atmosphere

Taste of Ethiopia - Edit

This is one of my favorite places to eat. I have always had delicious food there and the service is friendly and helpful. They always ask if we prefer to have our food vegan, and are knowledgeable about their menu.

Pros: delicious food, healthy, friendly staff

Cons: none

Contributions +33

Love it! - Edit

Aside from yummy food, the woman who owns the place is such a sweet, kind lady. Feels like I'm eating at a friend's house.

Pros: mostly vegan, delicious food, friendly staff

Great food and service - Edit

We arrived for lunch on a Saturday. We'd heard they offered a vegan buffet between 11-2am. Unfortunately the review didn't mention it was only offered Monday through Friday. We sat down to their menu that seemed to have as many vegetarian items on it as meat dishes. We were even more thrilled to find a Sampler platter and the "Ultimate Combo". The sampler provided 5 of the vegetarian menu options on it and the Ultimate added a 6th for under $20. The flavor combinations were amazing and we left there feeling full, yet not heavy.

On the service side of the house the atmosphere was relaxed and welcoming. We could have easily sat for an hour chatting after out with no pressure from the staff. They were attentive, but not obtrusive and somehow made us feel like a valued customer who frequented the place all the time.

Pros: Healthy, great portions, Great service

Cons: Go when you have a little time to enjoy.

Return to Pflugerville Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Taste of Ethiopia closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 934 times since Jun 2009.