First Review by theveggievoice

A delightful surprise - Edit

Unexpectedly driving into the lakes of Maine we had a delightful surprise when we found this restaurant. There was a small but appetising menu, with good and friendly service. Many local people patronised this restaurant in a small out of the way town.

Pros: Good food, Inexpensive, Good service

Cons: Limited menu

underwhelmed - Edit

While my companions' food was edible (one quesadilla, one lentil wrap), noone wanted to eat there again. Tofu scramble was inoffensive, but the salad and dressing were very bland. whatever was spread on the bread was just nasty. Not spoiled, just weird. I'm a longtime vegan, thought I'd seen it all, but couldn't finish the plate due to the overall off taste of everything. The place is filled with religious tracts,which I could live without, very cultish.

Updated from previous review on Friday April 22, 2011

excellent and friendly restaurant - Edit

We (a family of 5) ate at Eden while on vacation in Maine. It is one of the very few restaurants in the region. The owners are very friendly and helpful- they even made something for one of our children which was not on the menu (creamed baked potato). The soups, bread casserole and salads were very good. The menu changes every day but almost any option will be a success. We considered the prices quite reasonable - all 5 of us had a substantial lunch for $50. The only drawback are the limited hours so you have gear your travel plans to their hours.

Pros: excellent food, friendly staff

Cons: limited hours

The Best Little Restaurant in Maine - Edit

My boyfriend and I went out of our way to visit this little cafe in Norway, Maine. We weren't really sure what to expect since there were no reviews online, but I had a good feeling about it. My instincts were correct - Taste of Eden is fabulous! Seriously one of the best restaurants I've ever been to. This is accomplished through the following: friendly service from the two owners themselves, healthy food options that taste like the best comfort food, very low prices, and good portions. I wish we had been staying in the area and could have gone back. Next time we're in Maine, we'll definitely return. Don't miss it if you're in the area...they make their own bread and cheez sauce that are divine!

Pros: delicious food, very low prices for what you get, healthy

Cons: a bit out of the way for us, small - not suited for larger groups

Return to Norway Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Taste of Eden Bakery and Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2025 times since Aug 2007.