Taste of Cambridge

Contact 077155-11260

Sydney St and Market St (at near market square), Cambridge, England,

Known for their falafel. Also serves soups, juices, pizza wraps and desserts (sometimes vegan) and sells vegan books. You can get a stamp card as well and after 10 falafels you get one free. Mon-Sat 10:00am-4:00pm

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Fast food, Take-out, Middle Eastern

First Review by corinal

Friendly staff and great felafel! - Edit

Taste of Cambridge is a great and cheap option to have a vegan lunch in Cambridge. It's close to Market Square (it's a stall in Market st, close to Sidney st), they have four types of felafel (three of them vegan) and some pizza wraps, the vegan chocolate brownies are fantastic, and staff is super friendly! What do you want more? :--)

I had a felafel, a brownie, and an apple beverage and I paid 8 GBP, very cheap! The felafel alone is less than 5 GBP. The non-vegetarian friend with whom I went there was also super-satisfied!

Pros: Great food, Cheap, Friendly staff

Cons: No bathroom (it's a street stall)

A must try if you're in Cambridge - Edit

As a Cambridge resident I come here regularly and I am always greeted by the friendly staff, and of course the falafel wraps! I can honestly say they are the best falafel wraps I have had, so go down and give them a go!

Pros: Great food, Friendly staff, Central locations

Cons: Not there everyday!

fresh, delicious, ethical - Edit

I can see why they get a listing on happy cow. It's so nice to get food from people who actually have thought about the ethics they want to incorporate into their work. It's awesome that all the wraps on their normal felafel menu are vegan. I loved the spiced carrots in the fiery felafel wrap. A taste sensation that goes way beyond your standard felafel!

Best falafel I know - Edit

Delicious & not expensive by Cambridge standards (~5£ for a wrap). Check their website as they're not there every day and they tend to sell out quite fast during the weekend. All wraps are good but the four seasons is my personal favourite.

Pros: delicious wraps

Cons: you don't know when you'll find them

Super-tasty and affordable - Edit

For about 10 pounds we got two different types of vegan falafel wraps (one classic, one garden) with one extra falafel each and lots of very tasty veggies and sauces. It was enough to fill three empty stomachs.
Also had a nice chat with the guy who runs the stall.

Pros: Quick, Tasty, Good value

Contributions +14

Delicious and quick - Edit

I really like this van, their falafel wraps are extremely tasty and satisfying. I love the fact that you can choose how hot you want your harissa, and the pita bread is the nicest I've ever had.

The only thing which is a shame is that they're not always around when you want them - the problem of operating out of a van I guess. Maybe they'll expand into premises one day!

Pros: Delicious, Quick, Spicy if you want it

Cons: Sometimes not there

Amazing falafel! - Edit

Go here once and you will be coming back for more :) I like their garden falafel the most. It is a large wrap so it makes a great meal that is mobile, healthy, and quick. The vegan desserts (when they have them) are scrumptious.

Pros: Friendly staff, Great food, Good location

Cons: No seating

Return to Cambridge Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Taste of Cambridge closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 6577 times since Oct 2010.