Taste of Asia

Contact 941-923-2742

4413 S Tamiami Trail, Sarasota, Florida, USA, 34231

Serves meat, vegan options available. Has a separate vegan menu with appetizers, vermicelli dishes, and main entrees. Tofu available. Previously located on Ocean Blvd. Mon-Thu 4:30pm-9:30pm, Fri-Sat 4:30pm-10:00pm, Sun 4:30pm-9:00pm

Category: Vegan-friendly, Chinese, Thai, Vietnamese, Non-veg

First Review by xsamx

Great Find! - Edit

We found Taste of Asia through Happy Cow, and chose it on the basis of having a vegan section on the menu. Our hostess/waitress was great - guided us toward some favorites on the menu. Don't be confused by the online menu (some of the dishes on the vegan menu say they have egg in them - just make sure they know you want vegan). We had the green curry and Koor Mee Lao - the green curry was especially great. We'll definitely be back.

Pros: Great food, They understand vegan

Cons: The online menu is a litte confusing

Loved it, but my family ruined my experience... - Edit

Taste of Asia is a nice sit down restaurant, which my family and I went to as a special occasion.
Of course I was excited because:
1: Thai food!
2: Vegan menu!!!
Sadly, my Mom and sister were arguing loudly the entire time we were there, and I will also not be returning with them because of it.
I tried the green curry, but it was my first time getting green curry and I did not expect that much basil. Now that I know though, I'm sure green curry is not my thing.
Returning soon with two of my friends, both vegetarians, and one who is trying to become vegan.
Will update my review with info about the veggie dumplings, and the possibility of a salt and oil free dish!

Pros: Nice atmosphere, Smells amazing, VEGAN MENU

Cons: Too quiet for some families

Nice surprise near the beach! - Edit

Last night after we watched the sunset on Siesta Beach I used the Happy Cow app on my phone and discovered this restaurant was nearby and offered a Vegan Menu. We were delighted to discover a nice selection of choices, a very helpful waitresses and the willingness to modify preparations to minimize the oils used in preparing the food. We ordered the Papaya Salad to start. The size of the dish would satisfy most as a main dish. It was spicy in the way we like it and there wasn't a shred left! Our group then ordered a variety of curry and rice dishes. Brown rice is available and the vegetables were steamed. Again, the portions are generous but delicious and we all were happy for a bit of a walk after dinner to aid our digestion. I would very much recommend this restaurant to those who are near or on Siesta Key!

Pros: Good Vegan Menu, Outdoor tables, Helpful staff

Cons: Small restaurant, Can be hard to find parking in village

Loved the food!! Must try this place - Edit

We went here for the first time last night after seeing on HappyCow they have a vegan menu. The food was absolutely authentic and delicious! The staff was very friendly and the restaurant itself has lots of charm. Highly recommend!

Pros: friendly staff, lots of vegan choices, excellent food

Cons: slightly pricey

Wonderful Vegan Thai Food - Edit

During a week stay in Sarasota we ate twice at Taste of Asia as the food was too good to pass up. Authentic Thai food in along the small strip in Siesta Key village in an elegant setting, wonderful, fast and friendly service and plenty of Vegan and Vegetarian choices. I had the Pad Thai with Tofu which was perfectly done, flavorful, plentiful and delicious. My friends had the Pad Mei which was equally amazing. An additional plus, they serve Beer Lao which is a great beer and goes perfectly with Thai food. All food is served very mild unless you ask for more spice. Highly recommend for Vegans and non-Vegans alike.

Pros: Delicious Food, Wonderful Service, Flavorful Vegan

Cons: A little pricey , difficult to find

Awesome Vegan Menu - Edit

Great choices for both vegetarians and vegans, expertly prepared. LOVE the fresh rolls! Some great new sake flavors available now, too. Well worth the drive out to Siesta Key. Note to former fans: they have MOVED from Main St. Sarasota to Siesta Key!
Updated from previous review on Monday November 21, 2011

Pros: Excellent Food, Knowledgeable staff, healthy cuisine

Cons: Hard to see from street, Music from Italian restaurant interferes, higher end pricing

Solid - Edit

Taste of Asia is surprisingly vegan-friendly, featuring a separate menu page for vegan items. They have a few appetizers, including spring rolls and crispy tofu, some soups, rice vermicelli buns, and a host of entrees with vegetables and tofu. Some really good curries, too.

I found it a little strange that to "share" your dish with someone else incurred an extra $4.00 charge, but apparently this is common in Sarasota. Regardless, with a variety of vegan options, Taste of Asia is a good spot for the non-meat-eating crowd to head.

Pros: vegan-friendly, taste

Cons: a little pricey

Return to Sarasota Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Taste of Asia closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1973 times since Nov 2009.