Taste from Heaven

34/1 Ratmakka Rd (at Moonmuang Rd), Chiang Mai, Thailand, 50200

Vegetarian food restaurant also offering cooking class. Re-opened Apr 2014 at this location inside the moat, down from Elephant Nature Park, next to the Lost bookshop. Open Mon-Tue 9:00am-10:00pm, Wed 9:00am-9:00pm, Thu-Sun 9:00am-10:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Thai, Fast food, Beer/Wine, Take-out

First Review by david

truly amazing - Edit

I have been a bit disappointed with the vegan scene in Bangkok but I really enjoyed eating here.
Please try the green curry cooked inside the coconut.
Absolutely mind blowing. Everything is delicious and very affordable as well

lovely - Edit

really enjoyed the food here, unfortunately only came once and would have loved to try some of the different things on the menu as they had a pretty decent variety, would definitely visit again

Pros: great food, great service, great options

Always Love Eating Here - Edit

This is a very popular restaurant for tourists, the menu has Thai and Western food, nice big menu, prices are good, has wifi and friendly staff, the homemade Brownie and ice cream is to die for !

Pros: good menu & friendly staff, homemade brownie and ice cream, good price + wifi

Cons: can get very busy in the evening

Comme le nom du resto! - Edit

Charmant petit resto végétarien et végétalien dans une petite rue sympa. Les plats goûtés sont tous réussis ( nous y sommes allés 3 fois en 4 jours!), la salade de fleurs de bananes divine, et les versions végétariennes des plats thaïs sont particulièrement bonnes. Très bonnes pâtisseries végétariennes. Allez-y!

Pros: Choix, Fraîcheur, Yummmmmy

the absolute best vegan and vegetarian restaurant in thailand - Edit

this is the best restaurant in thailand for vegan food, I swear. I went to a lot of places in Thailand and this place offers amazing food at good prices. the vegan brownie with vegan coconut ice cream is just crazy. everything was delicious, the staff is very nice and the private cooking class I took with the chef was really worth it! I went there 1 to 3 times a day during 2 weeks in chiang mai... I really recommend it!

Pros: a lots of vegan options, feels like home, nice staff, everything is good and low prices

Cons: there is only one in chiang mai and I already miss

best vegan food in Chiang Mai - Edit

Hands down - this has been my absolute favorite vegan restaurant in Chiang Mai. The food is delicious. I've had the green curry, the pad Thai, the brownie and the papaya salad and have been here over three times during my stay.

Yummy Dessert - Edit

Their vegan brownie, coconut and chocolate ice cream is absolutely yummy! I came here three times and could not resist. Very delicious!
The staff was also very friendly and welcoming.
However I was not really fan of the other dishes though. I tried different dishes, they were ok, but I had much better food in quality and taste in other places in Chiang Mai.
Some dishes were very heavy in tofu and mock meat with only few little pieces of veggies in between (I didn't understand this from the menu). Not my thing.

Pros: dessert, friendly staff

Cons: main dishes not so good, pricy

very busy vego restaurant inside old city - Edit

this is a nice vego restaurant where the staff speak good English and are friendly and helpful ... food quality and quantity are both good and the pricing is moderate ... lots of menu choices including western and Thai style dishes

Pros: great food, lots of choices, good location, nice s

Chichi is the best server! - Edit

Everyone in this restaurant was lovely, but Chichi was our main server upstairs and he was so great! He had only worked there a few days so he didn't know the menu by heart yet but was still super helpful and friendly. He knows a lot of English and understood our special requests, and made the effort to connect with us and make our experience a memorable one.Also had amazing food here for very reasonable prices. We shared the Money Bags appy, I had the Taste From Heaven salad and a dragon fruit smoothie, my friends had the veggie burger and a panang curry, and we shared the vegan brownie and fried banana (has honey unless you ask to omit) with a scoop of each of their three DELICIOUS vegan ice creams...vanilla, chocolate, coconut! Wowza! So full afterwards!Just a note, upstairs is nice and quiet with mostly floor seating and fans, downstairs is busier with table seating and AC. If you sit upstairs you won't get ignored as there is a server who stays up there the whole time.

Pros: Amazing value, Unique vegan options, Great service

Cons: No AC upstairs

Best Veggie/vegan place in Chiang Mai - Edit

This was our go to restaurant while we was in Chiang Mai! lovely little place, the staff are really friendly and the food is delicious! the brownie is amazing and the vegan ice cream is to die for, and it's not expensive too!
will recommend

Pros: Vegan Brownie and coconut icecream, Veggie Bacon

My Favourite in Chiang Mai - Edit

Great veg food at a reasonable price. Curries are very tasty and spiced to your requirements (80baht + 20baht for rice) Juices and smoothies are delicious and at 50baht great value. Brownies and banana bread also yummy! My pick of the veg places in town.

Pros: Delicious!, Cheap!, Banana Bread!

Best vegan brownie ever - Edit

Small little restaurant in Old City with extensive vegetarian menu with vegan dishes and dishes with vegan option clearly marked. Very clean with two levels of seating and a few outdoor tables too. Western dishes including conventional breakfast dishes and veggie burger, hummus and pita, French fries and many traditional Thai dishes as well as several dessert items. I had the vegan fresh spring rolls, spicy basil, and vegan brownie with vegan coconut ice cream. The food was delicious and the vegan brownie probably the best I've ever had - it is more on the light, cake-like side than fudgy and was served warm. The coconut ice cream was equally amazing. Staff speaks good English.

Pros: Extensive Thai and Western menu, many vegan dishes

Good value - Edit

Nice little place that has quite a lot of vegan options. I went there twice, had summer rolls and the vegan brownie with ice cream which was amazing! The next day I had the vegan BLT Sandwich, it was okay, nothing special though. Staff is very friendly. I'd definitely come back again.

Pros: Many vegan options, Wifi

Amazing food - Edit

I went here for lunch and got the glass noodle salad, it was so good and a nice big plate. My boyfriend got the black bean sandwich which tasted good but was a slightly small portion for him. I loved that the menu showed every dish that was vegan with a V and ones you could make vegan with an O. There were tons of vegan options. We went back for dessert, got the vegan brownie and 3 scoops of vegan ice cream (vanilla, chocolate, coconut), it was amazing and so moist. I was so pleased with their food that I took the cooking class, it cost 1000 baht and I got to make 5 dishes, bring home the leftovers, and the recipe book. I made the Tom yum in coconut, pumpkin curry, glass noodle salad, eggplant stir fry, and pad thai. Definitely recommend!

Pros: Lots of vegan options, specifically listed in the

Chocolate vegan ice cream! - Edit

Staff is very nice and friendly. Menu items are all written in English as well as Thai so good for tourists. I ordered the pad see ew and I would say it was just okay, but they have chocolate vegan ice cream and really my life doesn't get much better than that. Vegan and vegan optional items are all clearly marked on the menu.

Pros: vegan ice cream , vegan options, free wifi

Cons: pad see ew was just mediocre , no AC

Tastes like Heaven is a fact, not the restaraunts title. - Edit

Been here twice in two days because our first venture was such a success.
Ridiculously delicious Panang curry with added fried tempeh is possibly the yummiest meal I've had in Thailand.

Staff are very friendly and super kind. Classic thai hospitality.
The meals must be cooked on a V8 engine powered wok, because they come out very quickly.

Also, after your meal you need to order the brownie. Just do it. Don't bloody argue with me. Get ice cream too.

It comes out warm and is the size of a tuk tuk. Its only 60baht so order ten. #yolo #FATVEGAN #BrownIsTheNewBlack

Pros: So damn tasty. , Fried tempeh can be added to any meal, Brownies the size of small countries.

Cons: Verging on pricey, but worth every baht.

Best vegan in Thailand so far - Edit

I heard about this place from a travel wise friend who told me the profits go to Elephant Nature Park. That's reason enough to come eat here in my books.
The menu is extensive and the things we tried were all excellent.
I was super happy to finally have the opportunity to try real Tom Yum. We got it extra spicy and it was perfect. I'm so full but I want to come back for more!

Pros: Supporting ENP, Chat up fellow vegan travelers while enjoying your

Need to go back and try other things - Edit

We were excited to try this place as it is always busy and has great reviews. We ordered a selection of their sandwiches and were a little disappointed as they were mostly bread although the vegan brownie is outstanding. We would happily to back but try different things from the menu.

Heavenly! - Edit

One of our absolute favorite places to eat in Chiang Mai. The owner is a long-time vegetarian, and there are plenty of vegan options on the menu. Everything we have tried is sooooooo delicious. The pineapple fried rice is wonderful. I've tried most of the curries on the menu, and they're delicious. (Remember to ask for nit noy prik if you don't want it too spicy hot). They have lots of Western foods on the menu (but I have only tried the falafel, which was really good). The staff is friendly. They recently opened a new seating area upstairs, but it still fills up fast. Great vegan deserts and veggie appetizers top off the experience here. This restaurant also runs a cooking school which we plan to try.

Pros: Excellent food, Friendly staff, Good sized portions

Cons: Can get crowded and seating is tight

My favourite place in Chiang Mai! - Edit

We came here during the #rt4bikefest with Durianrider and the gang and really found TFH to be our favourite place.

We sometimes turn up with literally 20 people and flood the restaurant like hungry grasshoppers!

The rice is always good and the staff great.

We will come back every year for sure.

Pros: BIG menu, fresh taste, friendly owner

Cons: too many item to choose from haha!, my stomach is not big enough to try everything, not open all night haha!

Great vegan food in central Chiang Mai!! - Edit

I've eaten here a lot and always enjoy it. Great menu for vegans and fast food service if u beat the rush. The staff speak great english and the owner Nan works hard daily at keeping it a quality place.

I enjoy the sweet sour dish. Lots of fresh veg and the rice is really clean tasting.

They also have pretty fast free wifi.

Updated from previous review on Sunday October 18, 2015

Pros: close to tapae gate, big menu, vegan friendly and bicycle parking

Cons: Not open 24hours, It is only in Chiang Mai

Many vegan options - Edit

Small quaint vegan and veggie and vegetarian joint

Pros: Lots of curry options. , Large portions, No language barrier

Cons: Food is pre-prepared and oily and no made to order, Undercooked pumpkin, Found small rock hard bits in the curry that were

Good as expected - Edit

Very good food. As we expected after reading the reviews. No drawbacks. Not the best, but still good.

Staff is very friendly. And I do not find them to be slow. Might be a little chill-out like at any country with warm climate. I find it even more appealing.

Soup is large. Can't say the same for the dishes. But definitely not small either.

Felt like the restaurant is made for an average white person. Not spicy at all. Even had to ask for a chili powder.

Brownie is thick for two people to enjoy.

I would recommend the place for a fellow vegan.

Mixed feelings - overall good - Edit

Taste from Heaven has given me different impressions each time I went there. Cannot recommend the deep fried spring rolls, they have a weird taste to them. The fresh spring rolls are way better and filling enough of you're not that hungry.

The food:
The sweet and sour dish is why I go there. I always order it with a side of rice - I don't know how they prepare the rice but it's the tastiest I've ever had. The pineapple in this dish is in perfect harmony with the sauce, it's really something you should try. The vegan brownie is also delicious. It's huge and I recommend sharing it with a second person.

Service:
One thing I noticed is that unfortunately the staff isn't very attentive. I don't expect them to look after each guest at any time but they didn't pay attention to us on several occasions at all. We've been waiting with our finished meals ready to order desert for 10 minutes before someone came and took the plates. A different day, we sat down at a table that had dirty dishes still on it from the guests before us and despite one waitress serving the people next to us and passing the table four times she didn't take the plates nor did she hand us a menue so we had to move inside the restaurant so someone would notice us.

This happened on days where it wasn't super busy so I hope they will improve in the future. It's not something that's really bothering me because you can always lift your hand to get attention from them but it's still kinda annoying.

I'm literally only visiting for the Sweet and Sour dish.

Pros: Some foods are tasty, Nice decor

Cons: Staff isn't attentive , Some dishes might contain msg

Some great food! - Edit

Taste From Heaven

34/1 Ratmakka Rd (Moonmuang Rd) Chiang Mai, Thailand 50200 - inside the moat, down from Elephant Nature Park, next to the Lost bookshop

0918598920, 0899511167

Drawbacks – first visit waited about 20 minutes for our bill after a reminder.

Second time – a person came in about 20 minutes after we arrived and sat at the table beside us. Within 10 minutes of sitting down he had his food and we still had nothing. His was a full meal while we had ordered a simple bowl of pumpkin soup and a desert. He was about ¾ finished his meal before our food came. Very poorly organized even with the owner there supposedly watching over things.

Next drawback they have an air conditioner way up at the top of a high ceiling. It is not powerful enough to cool down the restaurant. They could easily keep the fans on as well to drive the cool air down and help with the heat problem but they don’t

Veggie Black Bean Burger was delicious – the w.w. bun was yummy yet heavy and very tasteful in a way that it dominated over the burgers flavors – the salad that came with it had scrumptious dressing (I passed on the fries as they surprisingly came from frozen rather than fresh cut. Why would a place that prides on fresh food serve frozen fries???)

fresh juice with no sugar or honey unless requested!

very tasty Chili Basil Curry

Deep Fried Vegan Ice Cream with Banana and Chocolate Drizzle – Wow!

Went back again, this time they served it without chocolate or banana. I told the owner and she took it and came back with it having chocolate but still no banana and by this time the ice cream was half melted

Pumpkin soup okay nothing special

Toast made from delicious whole grains

Veggie bacon tasted very good

Western and Thai style foods.

I would return because of the food being so good in spite of the bad service.

Mon-Tue 9:00am-10:00pm, Wed 9:00am-9:00pm, Thu-Sun 9:00am-10:00pm

Pros: Yummy food

Cons: Service needs to be better organized, Cooling system not used well

Delicious vegetarian food - Edit

Love this place. The range of menu options available is great. Food is always cooked with care and attention. Every dish I have tried has been full of flavour. This is by far the best option in Chiang Mai for vegetarian food. I have tried many places, but nothing compares to Taste From Heaven.

Pros: Excellent food, Great choice, Friendly staff

Super taste veggie food - Edit

I've eaten at the restaurant maybe 8-10 times and each time has been excellent. The menu is wide-ranging and specialised in some western style choices as well as Thai veggie dishes. It's all fresh as possible, well cooked and expertly spiced. The owner keeps an eagle eye on everything and really knows how to look after her customers. No 1 veggie place in Chiang Mai!

Pros: Range of dishes, Freshness and taste, Great welcome

Cons: Often full as it's so popular

Breakfast was ok - Edit

I got one of the breakfast sets which was a bit pricey for what you get and the orange juice was small but it tasted nice and was nice to have the option of a vegan fried breakfast.

Pros: Friendly service, Tasty food

Cons: Scarily broken outside fan, A tad pricey

You need to try the vegan brownie ! - Edit

Price reasonable. Vegan brownie was amazing with the coconut ice cream. The good was nice but not amazing. I guess it's good to be able to get a vegan full English but was a bit small. Pumpkin curry was very watery and weak. burger was good just not full of flavour. nice staff and atmosphere though.

Nice atmosphere, but... - Edit

I enjoyed my meal here at the time, but unfortunately I got [edit by staff - see ToS]. I had only eaten fresh fruit earlier in the day, so my conclusion is that I got sick from Taste From Heaven. Seems to be a popular place though so maybe I was just unlucky. Also, solo diners are made to sit with other solo diners on two person tables, which I'm fine with, but others seemed quite uncomfortable with.

Cons: Busy

Worth the wait if it's full - Edit

This place is well visited, and chances are you might have to wait a little for a table. It is well worth your patience though, so don't let this deter you. They have fantastic food, friendly service and tons of vegan options.

Pros: Amazing food, Good tables, Open later than others

Cons: Often full

Good food - Edit

Very popular place. They have a great variety of both western and Thai food in vegan/vegetarian version. The pad thai and kao soy we ordered were great and a lot larger than we thought.

yeah, so those vegan brownies are life changing - Edit

Brownies are ginormous. Seeds, gooey goodness, coconut ice cream, literally I could faint. So yeah, go here just for that... But also the food was super good, although it played second fiddle to the brownie, it's been our favourite meal in Chiang mai thus far :) also, decently priced!

Vegan Brownies. Be still my heart. - Edit

Fantastic all-rounder, in terms of seating comfort, lively vibe, good service & food.

There's a large menu to choose from & most dishes can be made vegan, if they aren't already.

The standout for me is that vegan brownie, 60thb. Seriously people, the brownie is good. Pair it with coconut ice cream & it becomes deliriously good. It's got dark chocolate chunks & pepitas for a soft crunch.. Mmm. It's also a large serve, so it's good to share between two.

It can get busy here, particularly in the evenings. Sometimes I had to wait for a table, but I never waited longer than 10 minutes.

Good service and delicious food! - Edit

I had Green Curry for dinner here and it was delicious. The menu is large and service was very good and quick. I also liked the interior of the restaurant. The location is good as well. There's nothing more to say!

Pros: Delicious food & large menu, Good location, Friendly and professional service

I was pretty disappointed :( - Edit

I ordered a veggie burger with salad,and guess what? I get burger with some plastic in it !!
This was the first and the last visit there.

Cons: verry busy , stuff do not care

Nice place. - Edit

Very vegan friendly place! Many of dishes they are can make in vegan version.
Tasty mushroom satay! I like Vegan BLT sandwich with bacon, and i add tempeh. But this sandwich need more sauce or vegan nut cheese i think. In my opinion. of course. :)

Friendly staff, very popular place for tourists.
Prices not cheap.
Updated from previous review on Saturday December 12, 2015

Pros: Available bacon and tempeh, Very vegan friendly

Great food and service. - Edit

I've visited Chaing Mai a few times and always eat here. The vegan choice is great (and ability to make veggie dishes vegan). I've never tried the same dish twice (apart from breakfast) as the choice is so wide. Sometimes I'm a typical tourist and have the English breakfast which makes an occasional change. It's top class. On one visit to Chaing Mai my meat eating adult son had joined me. Most of the time he choose to eat here which underlines the quality and choice. They do take away which is handy if you are on an early start the next day so can get them to do you a breakfast late at night and save it. Again my son always chose this option above 7-11 convenience foods.

Actually I've had one dish every time. The vegan brownies! They are amazing and as vegan deserts are hard to come by these truly take your breath (or taste buds) away.

Pros: Food quality , Friendliness , Vegan choices

Tasteless - Edit

Had a sample of 5 dishes for lunch. Only bothered to finish one of them. I thought the food was quite tedious, lacking in balance and without the richness of flavours associated with Thai food.

Cons: Boring tasting food, Lacks balance

Really Delicious - Overpriced for Chiang Mai - Edit

This place is very yummy food! However, the portions are often quite small and it is far more expensive than most other places in Chiang Mai. That said, the food quality has been consistently great.

Pros: Delicious, Farang-Friendly, Many Vegan Options

Cons: Too Expensive, Small Portions

Great Vegan Som Tam (Papaya Salad) - Edit

We've eaten here several times over the last few months and have really enjoyed the Papaya Salad (Som Tam).

The vegan brownie is a treat but very oily!

The staff are lovely and the owner, Nan is friendly.

Pros: Has white rice, Service is fast, Big Vegan Menu

Cons: Can be busy

A Lotta Love in this Place! - Edit

Great Menu Selection

First Vego Resturant we have been in in Chiang Mai that Has Music Playing!!!

Food was Good, I had a "Western Style" Egg and Faken Sandwich and my Partner Mixed Veg & Mushroom/Fried Rice.

Coconut Smoothie in Cocconut Shell was Great and contained no Added Sugar or Palm Syrup as a lot of places do add this to there Smoothies!

Wary of their claim to be MSG-Free - Edit

My husband and I ate here a few times. They have a wonderful array of dishes and the staff is very friendly. However, I have an extreme allergy to MSG and was dosed twice at this establishment. First, I ordered the veggie soup. When I tasted it, it was VERY salty but I trusted their claim to be MSG-free. I suffered for a day from migraine attack, etc for a day. I gave them the benefit of the doubt and visited again. This time I ordered their veggie fried rice. Well, the first attempt was served with rotten eggs so I sent it back and they were genuinely sorry and brought out another one. Honest mistake, it could happen anywhere. However, the second dish had that sweet and salty taste which MSG has. When I asked what flavoring they used the owner said "mushroom powder flavoring". So I happily paid for it but did not eat it.

I am sure the owner genuinely believes the restaurant is "MSG-free", and she seems very sweet! However MSG is sneaky and has up to 50 different names such as hydrolyzed protein, soy protein isolate, textured protein, etc. It's not always labeled as MSG, and many times is found in flavor packets, sauces, etc.

If you would like to avoid MSG while traveling in Thailand and surrounding countries, you can check out this artilce for 5 tips that have saved me: http://healthiernotions.com/2015/08/31/travel-tips-how-to-avoid-msg-in-asia/

Pros: vegetarian, Nice staff

Cons: MSG

New menu with more vegan options - Edit

Taste from Heaven is my favorite restaurant in Chiang Mai. The food is amazing, the staff are very friendly and there is a nice, relaxed atmosphere. The restaurant has a new menu with old favorites and more vegan options. Give their fresh spring rolls, Tom yum in coconut, masaman curry, mango and passion fruit smoothie and vegan brownie a try.

Great Food, Great Price! - Edit

It was a short walk from my hotel Le Meridian to the restaurant and it was well worth it. It is kind of out of the main business district, but not by much and its worth it. It has a great selection of vegetarian and vegan food with a Thai accent. I ordered the fresh spring rolls and papaya salad and the Pad thai. It came out quick, and it tasted good, and it was inexpensive too! Perfect Trio! We have a winner! When in Chaing Mai make sure to visit this restaurant!

Pros: Great Food, Fast Service, Low Price

Cons: Little out of the way, Not Upscale at all but Cozy

Excellent food - Edit

I went to eat in their restaurant twice and twice found the food amazing. A little expensive however, but still worth it!
Also we joined a cooking class of them. Private lesson arranged on the last minute, really convenient! You can choice any 5 items from the menu that you'd like to learn to cook.

Pros: Choice, Everything can be vegan, Excellent food and smoothies

Cons: Expensive

Mixed feelings - Edit

I've only been to Taste of Heaven once, but will probably return soon and update my review. My first visit was full of contrasts. I ordered pumpkin curry with brown rice. My curry came out hot, delicious and really amazing, but I was given a plate of slightly overlooked white rice. Not a big deal, just not what I ordered. Seriously though, that pumpkin curry was delish! I also ordered the hummus platter, and for 130 baht I was expecting big things. The flatbread, carrots and cucumbers on the platter were nice, but the hummus was inedible. It was really really gross, I don't know what went wrong. So I just dipped my yummy flatbread in pumpkin curry broth. I also ordered the vegan brownie, which was beyond yummy and chocolatey and gooey and just perfect. So my advice, order curry(or anything but the hummus), be clear about your rice preferences, avoid the hummus like the plague, and definitely order the vegan brownie!

Pros: The BROWNIE!!, The pumpkin curry , Everyone was really nice, good service

Cons: The hummus, My non brown rice

Best veg restaurant in Chiang Mai - Edit

Taste From Heaven has an extensive menu of many different types of cuisine, including but not limited to Thai, Indian, and western dishes. Breakfast is served all day. The whole menu is vegetarian, and most of it is vegan, too (everything that is vegan is labeled as such, and everything that is only vegetarian that can be made vegan by request is clearly labeled, too).

I've been here 3 times, and every thing I've tried has impressed me. I've gone with both vegan and vegetarian friends, and all of them adore this place as well. Vegetarians recommend the pineapple fried rice (served in a followed out pineapple!), which can also be made vegan! Their pad thai is the best in the city, and the pumpkin / coconut milk dessert is probably one of my favorite treats of all time. The prices are on par with other veg restaurants in the old city, and maybe even slightly cheaper than Aum or Anchan. The location is great (south of Tha Pae gate near Juicy4U), and the decor is nice. If you're in Chiang Mai, you MUST go here!

Pros: Delicious, owner speaks English, reasonably priced

Cons: sometimes gets a little too busy!

Absolute favorite in Chiang Mai - Edit

Taste From Heaven: The name says it all!
I enjoyed every bite of the two meals I had on different nights. They have a great choice of vegan dishes (which are even declared on the menu, so that there's no need to make any special inquiries). The service is very friendly and the food is served quickly and fresh.
I simply loved everything about it!

PS: If you like to eat very spicy do not be afraid to order it that way, because I guess they have adapted the spiciness of their food according to tourist standards ;)

Pros: great variety, great taste, declared vegan dishes, amazing fresh juices

Delicious eating, must check out ! - Edit

Ate here many times. Very tasty food, easy distinction of vegan options, great service, nice setup. Also did a cooking course here which was good. Recommend their curries, especially the indian curry or massaman which were really good

Pros: Fast service, Delicious, Friendly staff

Cons: Is popular and can get packed

Our favourite vegetarian restaurant in Chiang Mai - Edit

Eaten here many times - so many tasty options on the menu, and nearly all of them are vegan. 100% vegetarian. Friendly staff, often very busy. Good prices - amazing variety of food.
Never had a bad dish - we generally eat here at least once per week, and always take our guests there, even if they're not vegetarian!
Always good food.

Pros: Excellent food, Good value, Good location

Cons: None!

Great Place - Edit

I love this place! It's in a really convenient location and staff have been super friendly every time I've visited. The vegan chocolate cake (which they call a brownie) is delicious and full of melty chocolate chips. I also loved the Pad See Ew and the Summer Rolls.

delicious, fresh, tasty food... - Edit

We had been there many times. The food is fresh made and really tasty. The staff is attentive and friendly. The vegan dishes are marked as vegan in the menu.
Taste from heaven is also dogfriendly.

Pros: delicious thai food, attentive, friendly staff, dogfriendly

Cons: little bit pricey, sometimes crowded

Delicious Food 5 Star Service - Edit

I've visited Taste from Heaven twice now and have loved both experiences. The service is spot and the owner clearly cares about her customers dining experience. The food is delicious! So far I've samples the pumpkin curry (my favorite), khao soi, stir fried egg plant, Thai noodle salad, mango shake, and their homemade kombucha. All of it has been delicious, fresh, and well presented. You are going to spend a little more here than at the standard veggie buffet option spots but the atmosphere, food quality, and service make it worth every baht. I'm looking forward to my next visit! Yum!!!

Pros: freshness, comfortable atmosphere, service

Cons: only one location

Delicious! - Edit

I had the pumpkin curry (80bht) plus brown rice (20bht) and some passion fruit kombucha. All very, very tasty. They ask how spicy you would like your food, which is great if you aren't keen on the chilli (I am keen on spice and the medium was just right). Very busy place, like one of the other reviews stated all the tables can be full.

Tastes like vegan heaven to me!! - Edit

One of my favourites in Chang mai! Menu was just..... TOO MUCH TO CHOOSE FROM!!! So many good hearty vegan Thai dishes! Ate here many times on my trip.. Really enjoyed the pumpkin curry and the HUMOUS :) I'll be back for more soon!

Heavenly - Edit

Being immediately opposite my hostel, I ate here on almost everyday of my week in Chiang Mai, and I thought it was great.

The food was tasty, the decor bright, and the staff very friendly. The menu was very extensive too.

The only downside is that others seemed to feel the same way, and despite it being quite a large restaurant, there were often no free tables to sit at. Especially around dinner time. I would have eaten here even more if there had been.

But still, great place. One of the best of the many vegetarian places that I ate at in Chiang Mai.

Pros: Extensive menu, Delicious

Cons: Often no free tables

Best veg food in Chang mai! - Edit

Easily our favorite place in terms of variety, quality, and vegan options. All the dishes we had were great - our favorite was the dish called "spicy Thai". Mock meats available. About everything can made vegan (some dishes have egg or dairy). They also offer a small cooking class we did (it's literally upstairs in a small room with 2 burners) but it was really good and informative. You also get to pick 5 dishes of your choice from the whole menu which is amazing. The chef Ka was super nice and explained everything in English clearly. We then got to eat it all for our best lunch of the trip. Gets crowded after 7pm in the evenings.

Taste from Heaven, Chiang Mai - Edit

I spun along here on Sunday on the basis of 3 listings all being within a few metres of each other. A look at the menu for Bubbles revealed it was no longer 100% vego. Juicy across the street is closed for Christmas. Taste from Heaven was open and looking good so....

This was an excellent place to eat. The food was great, service was polite and friendly. Vegan items are clearly marked on the menu as are items that can be done as vegan with a little adjustment.

I was heading to the airport after this and ordered some take away to eat at the airport / on the plane. This was a slight mistake on my part (and absolutely no fault of the restaurants). I was silly enough to think that the take away food would be ready pronto. Of course it wasn't and had to be freshly cooked in the kitchen along with any other dish that is ordered. The moral of the story is order the take away at the beginning (silly of me not to think of this first).

Pros: Vegan friendly, Great food, Relaxed vibe

Best In Class - Edit

Not to be missed. It's what you come to Chiang Mai to see. Truly in a class of its own. Food so well prepared, well presented and happily served you'll think you're in a much more expensive setting.

Pros: Authentic , Delicious , Comfy

great service, fabulous service - Edit

This place is great, I have eaten at many other veggie places in CM, but this is probably my overall favorite. Vegetarian and vegan options, and the vegan choices are clearly marked on the menu.

The food is super tasty, the service staff is very friendly, professional and speak good english. Don't know where to begin, everything i have had has been great and make sure you leave room for the vegan brownie it's insanely delicious. I prefer the Thai/Asian dishes more than the western menu selections - and you are in Thailand so why not go local.
Updated from previous review on Saturday December 13, 2014

Pros: Really tasty food, great service, good location

Great meal in chiang mai - Edit

our group of 2 veggies and 1 vegan spent 3 days in chiang mai and found some great veggie eateries! this was one of the best, lovely owner who relocated to current premises recently. great choice, freshly cooked and friendly service.. enjoy!

Don't miss this one! - Edit

Reopened in April, this place is the best; just down the street from the moat and elephant Nature Park offices, it has the best veggie food around. Great staff, reasonable prices and some of the best brownies anywhere. Even if you are a meat eater you will love this place!

Pros: great food, great service, great prices

Favourite place in Chiang Mai - Edit

Have been to just about every place listed on Happycow for Chiang Mai but keep on getting enticed back to Taste from Heaven. Most options very healthy but equally tasty, a wide selection of vegan options clearly marked and a pleasant friendly owner. The owner is the only person waiting so service can be slowed down at busy times, but the food has never taken long to arrive once you've ordered and is always worth the wait. Most mains 70 - 100 baht and smoothies 50 - 60 baht.

clean, tasty, interesting - Edit

I tried the pumpkin curry which actually tasted like heaven. With additional supper hot and fun sticky rice in a basket.
The heaven salad was also good, but not perfection like the curry.
I like the fact that ginger tea pot is not expensive here. It's refreshing and delicious.
The place is very clean and the owner has been nothing but nice to me. I set here more than 4 hours, working on my computer.

Oh, the soy milk cappuccino was just right. Sometimes restaurants pick bad soy milk for coffee. Here it's great.

Pros: big portions, clean, interesting norther Thai dishes

Cons: not many plugs, if you want to stay and work, you will have to order more coffee. one is not eno

A Taste not from Heaven - Edit

We visited here with our 4 kids in August 2013. The service was lousy - it took them 15 minutes to get drinks on the table. The simple situation of too many cooks spoil the broth- lots of waiters but completely inefficient. I ordered soup with my main course which arrived after I asked for the bill. The food was medioco over seasoned and not appealing. Sorry guys but I really cannot recommend this place.

Pros: cheap

Cons: terrible service, medioco food

disappointing at best - Edit

I have visited here twice, once in 2009 and once in 2013, at lunch time and dinner time, and the experience was on both occasions very disappointing. The only redeeming feature is the chill of the air con. The menu is extensive, however 3 items we ordered today were off the menu, and we only found this out when our order arrived minus these dishes. No apology offered. The dishes themselves were poorly made . The spicy stir fry lacked heat, was too salty and also too sweet. The taste from heaven salad had no taste, and really needed some zing. I don't know whose idea of heaven that is, but it certainly falls below my estimation. The smoothies were feeble. For half the price on the street I would get one with twice as much fruit. These were mean and watery. We were overcharged. The bill including the dish that was unavailable, and when they finally acknowledged the error, again no apology. I should say that this is not authentically Thai, the tastes very much geared to western palates, and the vegetables being ones easily obtained back home in Tesco. I have travelled a lot in Thailand and eaten in many places, bearing in mind the price and the facilities, and the reputation this city has for great food, and there are lots of amazing places to eat here, this is probably the worst restaurant I have visited. Pity.
Updated from previous review on Monday September 02, 2013

Pros: air con

Cons: service, food, price

very good - Edit

went here once in april 2013,on my last night in chiang mai and was very impressed plenty of choice,reasonably priced and friendly service and food was damn good too!left there wishing i had found the place earlier as if i had would of probably eaten all my meals there,saw they did a thai cookery school which i would have done if i had more time in chiang mai,ended up doing one at may kaidee in samsen road bkk which was a rip off and full of egotistical people,we never even went to the market which they advertised in the cookery school bumf,think theyve gotten to big for their boots taste of heaven on the other hand had a totally different vibe,will go again when iam back in chiang mai.

Pros: choice , prices , friendly service

Cons: language barrier ,my fault dont speak th, missed one dish i ordered , doesnt open early enough

Great food - Edit

I was sad we only found this restaurant the night before we left. It was recommended to us by a local when I asked about vegetarian restaurants. We ordered food and I told the waitress I was allergic to peanuts, after we ordered she let me know one of the dishes contained peanuts so I should choose something else. I was so glad she did this! Many times in Thailand, my requests for no peanuts were ignored.
We ordered veggie samosas which were delicious. Can't remember what the main dishes were but they were tasty too. I had the vegan cake for dessert which was to die for! If I had known about this place earlier I would have taken the cooking class. I would definitely recommend.

Pros: Good food, Air Conditioning, Vegan options

Great food!! - Edit

My sister and I are vegetarian and vegan respectively and we found the menu had a great range for us to choose from.
We loved the food here and ate there throughout our stay in Chaing Mai. We also did a cooking class there which was great value where it was us and the teacher.

Pros: Great taste, Easy to get to, Cheap

nice but not as good as it was - Edit

last went here 2 years ago, and felt that it has slipped slightly since then
service was patchy but good when it occurred
northern curry and phrik khing were great
sour curry and som tam were ok but not superb - no fresh chillies in som tam!
sticky rice was very odd - almost hard

fyi no one tried to sell me an elephant trek

Nice vegan cake - shame about the ethics - Edit

Veggie cafe with an impressive range of vegan dishes clearly marked on the menu. AND warm vegan caramel and cinnamon cake which we really enjoyed!
The service was incredibly slow, with drinks arriving long after we had eaten the cake (which also seemed to take a while to come).
We were lucky though, we saw a family of four come in who were totally ignored by the staff to the point that they went up to the counter to get themselves menus and I saw them try to catch the attention of the staff to place an order several times. They actually got so annoyed at waiting and being ignored that they got up and left - so the cafe lost four customers who wanted to order.
Until we read the other reviews here we didn't realise there was any connection between the cafe and the elephant camps. If we had we wouldn't have supported the cafe at all. We didn't experience anyone trying to sell us trips to see the elephants, though there are photos of elephants all over the cafe. We definitely wouldn't go to any of those places as none of them seem to be genuine sanctuaries - all the TripAdvisor reviews mention people riding and petting the elephants, and many of them say the animals did tricks to entertain them; that ain't conservation, it's abuse.

Pros: vegan cake, good choice vegan menu

Cons: elephant abuse camp connection, poor service

AvocadoLover Hi, I am not really sure where you got this information from but this restaurant is actually connected with the Elephant Nature Park which is a model animal rights organization. Please visit their website for more info. There is definitely no elephant riding, abuse or any other nonsense going on there. It is purely for elephant rescue and education. It is an absolutely wonderful place and I suggest you check it out. The organization has really done a lot to improve the plight of elephants in Thailand.

By far the best of the tourist-driven veg eateries - Edit

I think there are some very unfair reviews of this restaurant and it makes me wonder what biases/allegiances some of the authors have that are writing them. I've lived in Chiang Mai for over 7 years and can honestly say that I've never found a restaurant for evening dining that can quite match up to Taste of Heaven. Sure you can eat lunch at an authentic Thai veggie eatery for B20 - 25, but most of these places close by mid-afternoon, so if you're looking for a dedicated vegetarian/vegan venue for dinner time, then the choices can be somewhat limited. The portions are considered small by some but are just standard Thai size and the same as what you'd get if you bought street food or went to any Thai 'aharn tum sang' restaurant. The prices may well be a little higher but you're paying for the pleasant surroundings and the air-conditioning as well as making a contribution to the elephant cause, so really there's nothing to moan about.

Once took my Thai wife's family to eat here and everything we ordered (and we ordered a lot) was finished completely, which I would suggest is a thumbs up for the authenticity of the food.

Never had any sale spiel for tours and always found staff polite and attentive. They can be a little over-zealous with collecting empty plates but that's hardly a major criticism.

Not so good. Not so bad. - Edit

A run-of-the mill Thai vegetarian place with small portions and OK food. The staff are quite nice and the place is clean and pleasant, but a little pricey for what you get compared to going a few blocks outside the tourist area.
Updated from previous review on Saturday May 05, 2012

Pros: clean, pleasant , good staff

Cons: small portions

Best food in thailand - Edit

I read some reviews about this restaurant , but sure someone has something against this place as It amazing food ,
The food is fresh tasty and no Msg, Its cheap about $2/3 dollars for most meals and the service was nice and friendly to, They also help with a Foundation who rescue abused elephants and we booked a tour from the restaurant, well our best day ever in Thailand, the lady who help these elephants and other animals is so kind and doing a great job not like other who do shows etc
The restaurant was visited by us many times in our 1 months in chiang mai and always good and my wife even did cooking school. Please try as the best for sure,

Pros: best food, good service, very clean

Don't waste your time or money here. - Edit

Like others said the place sucked. Expensive, small portions and the food wasn't good. I can see what people are saying about the staff too. May Kadees is sooo much better and just a few minutes walk away. Would not go back here again. My dish with coconut milk tasted like it was boxed not even fresh milk yuck.
Updated from previous review on Wednesday February 29, 2012

Foodie heaven for veggies and vegans - Edit

I have nothing but praise for this lovely veggie restaurant .we returned here to eat more than once whilst in chiang mai and it was defo one of my foodie highlights.the food was yummy and fresh and worth every baht.i would particularly recommend the tom yum cooked in fresh coconut which makes me drool even now thinking about it.the menu was extensive and varied and even my fussy vegan hubby was happy here.i also loved the fact that they do such good work with maimed elephants and offer a real sanctuary.i would rather some of my money at least go to a worthy cause...will defo return.

Pros: Varied menu, Fresh ingredients, Ethical and animal friendly

Cake was nummie - Edit

We decided to try this restaurant out even after reading the bad reviews and it was decent. We only had a slice of cake, but it was soft and moist and caramelly. It was a little too pricey for us, so we didn't eat anything else. There was no mention of elephant tours.

Pros: Vegan cake, Huge selection, Nice ambiance

Cons: Expensive

Okay flavor, pricey, small portions - Edit

I've probably eaten every veggie restaurant in Chiang Mai over the past 15 years so thought I'd try the flashy new restaurant on Tha Phae Road even though it touted Lonely Planet and Happy Cow for all the world to see. (I don't trust people who brag, seems to usually be unwarranted).
The restaurant is quite large, is westernized and caters to the tourist population.
I found the food to be pricey and the portions small.
I prefer the ample,local veggie restaurants for 1/3 to 1/2 the price and authentic taste.

Pros: location

Cons: small portions, too westernized

Lovely restaurant, good cause! - Edit

We ate at Taste from Heaven many times during our trip to Chiang Mai in November. The food was yummy and all the staff members we dealt with were kind and helpful. I asked for ingredient substitutions quite a few times and never had a problem. Vegan dishes were clearly marked on the menu. They also have a water filter, so we brought our empty water bottles to refill every day.

We were never hassled about going to the Elephant Nature Park, but decided to go after seeing posters in the restaurant and researching the organization online.

Pros: nice staff, good atmosphere, wifi

Overpriced, tasteless food, geared for profit - Edit

If you are looking for an overpriced westernized meal in a sleek setting with obnoxious staff hovering over you this little slice of elephant hell is a good choice. The staff come to your table and try to sell elephant camp tours/packages while you are waiting for your food. I saw one girl roll her eyes at a guest when the customer politely said she wasn't interested. The food I had looked very pretty but the taste was below average especially considering the cost and portion. Heavy emphasis on re-hydrated dried soy protein and little if any emphasis on fresh veggies or authentic local sauces. Limited selection of vegan items not clearly indicated on the menu. I wouldn't trust any of the soy products to be vegan as they don't make them themselves. The wait staff weren't helpful on the pure vegan issue either.

I prefer more authentic local family places with real flavor not hype. This place seems more intent on profit and appearance than taste or something trivial like ethics. I was told they don't have "free water" although all local Thai restaurants happily give you a glass of water. Obviously, they are more interested in pushing water in plastic bottles(great environmentalists).

Also, the elephant camp is questionable at best. They even charge people to volunteer!LOL. I suggest people talk to locals and educate themselves. If I could I would give this place minus or no happy cows (after talking with locals) but two cows is the lowest rating you can give a veg restaurant on here=BUMMER!

This seems to be another restaurant listed where the high rating on Happy Cow is coming from reviewers who only have one or two other reviews on here. I cant help but think after seeing what is written it is more dishonesty from the owners.

Pros: Sleek setting, Simple to find

Cons: Taste from hell food, Elephant camp, Overpriced/poor quality

7 Responses

Mark Pearson I don't know where your groundless bitterness stems from, but I'd prefer not to visit (or indeed comment on it) - better to light a candle than curse the darkness. However, your comments regarding the restaurant concerned have an overwhelming stench of defamation, and cast them in an extremely unfavourable light. I'm sure you wouldn't level such accusations lightly, and I - as I'm sure many others, including the moderators - would be very interested to hear the evidence you must have to support your comments.

spiffysavannah I loved this restaurant and I loved the Elephant Nature Park when I visited it. The staff weren't pushy with us at all and they didn't know we had already booked a tour. Lek, the amazing woman who runs the Elephant Nature Park, can't afford to run it without the paying volunteers- they are who keep the park afloat. Elephants eat 10% of their body weight in food every day, not to mention the veterinary fees for the previously abused elephants and cost to actually adopt an elephant. I also filled my water bottle there, they charge a small amount for small or large bottles to promote not using plastic bottles.

Elliot MS sounds like an angry person. He also criticizes an important Elephant "sanctuary" he has never been to.
I have been to Taste of Heaven twice so far. The food and service (and ambiance - for that area) were great. "Nan", the sophisticated lady who owns the restaurant speaks fluent English and was very helpful regarding places to visit in the area. I booked a trip to The Elephant Nature Park (no one approached me about it) and I can assure you from what I saw that it is likely the most legitimate. No song and pony shows here, just good old fashioned caring. I spent time with "Lek", the founder and can't praise her enough.

if I believed in Heaven I'd probably agree - Edit

We've been in Thailand for almost two months, enjoyed lots of great vegetarian food (it's there if you look for it), but for us, Taste from Heaven is the dog's doo-da's and no mistake. Put simply - the food is wonderful, Thai and western, MSG-free and very reasonably priced (average main course around one British pound), the staff are lovely and friendly, and profits go to the Elephant Nature Park - an indescribably wonderful place that gives abused and mistreated elephants a great life - as well as helping stray cats and dogs on the streets of Chiang Mai and beyond. We visited the sanctuary at our own impulse (IN NO WAY hassled by staff, although frankly I wouldn't mind after having been there), and would unequivocally recommend it to everyone. We also did the cooking course here - this morning as it happens - which was also 100% worth it and very enjoyable. We're staying in a hotel around the corner, and have pretty much eaten every meal here for days on end - why bother with anywhere else? Plenty of other places do 'vegetarian' food locally, but often just to cash in on westerners. Taste From Heaven has great food, good value, lovely staff, and profits helping animals..... give them your money, fill your happy belly and ease your western guilt with good cause! We do, every day....

Excellent Operation - Edit

Have lived in northern Thailand for four years and eaten at virtually every veggie friendly restaurant here. Taste From Heaven is outstanding on all counts. Obviously from a few of the reviews you find those who want to pay 20 baht for their food, but you aren't going to find service, presentation and environment in that case. Staff doesn't hover over anyone, but they are are there to meet your requests and invariably do it with a smile. Location is extremely easy to find walk a couple hundred meters east on Thype Road from the Thype Gate-on the left.

The twenty page menu covers about every option for food that anyone might want. A reviewer thought there were too many curries-well maybe you needn't order everything on the menu.

Never have had any staff try and sell me a tour of the Elephant Nature Park, though if you express an interest that information is available. If you want to ride on a rack strapped to an elephants back and watch them coerced into "dancing for you then you probably don't want to eat here in the first place.

Would recommend you try Taste From Heaven for excellent food and service in an environment that offers an
escape from the heat/pollution/noise found at most other veggie restaurants in this price range. There is also a lovely garden area if you prefer it.

Also if you really care about animals you might be fortunate to meet Shadow, the owners great dog who is a favorite with all the regular diners and would never think of bothering anyone else.

Pros: Food , Service, Ambiance

Good Food and Good Location For Tourists - Edit

Ate here for lunch today and it was good. Indoors w/AC, clean and affordable with most dishes 50-60 Baht each, decent enough menu to find a meal, though too many soups and curries for my liking. I would eat here again.

Kitchen doesn't honor dish preferences - Edit

I ordered take out last night and thought they had a good selection for the menu. I had ordered 5 dishes, asking for 2 of them to not be spicy and have no tofu.

Well all of the dishes we got were REALLY spicy and had tons of tofu and soya protein. They were pretty oily and one dish was an eggplant stir fry and it came in a soupy broth? Very strange. Everything was hot temperature wise so that was fine, it just wasn't above average food.

I've been to May Kaidee's and I really think they have superior fresh vegan food compared to Taste From Heaven, they also have lots of eggs in their dishes.

I was really disappointed that the person taking the order did not bother to tell the kitchen.

And how come vegetarian food has so little vegetables? It's mostly tofu and giant chunks of some soya protein, I want no tofu and vegetables. I don't think they get it.

So I don't think I'll order from them again, I was pretty disappointed, since I can go to a regular restaurant and just order something without meat and they will make it with vegetables instead no problem.

Also the prices seem more expensive than other vegetarian restaurants in Chiang Mai... not that it's expensive, it's just not as inexpensive as you can find elsewhere.

Some of their stuff has eggs so make sure you check. It's not a vegan restaurant.
Updated from previous review on Wednesday October 27, 2010
Updated from previous review on Wednesday October 27, 2010

Cons: no customization of dishes, too much tofu, not vegan

below average quality food-taste but enviroment - Edit

well..iam nto that generous with the review..chef my self i have to say the taste is poor..the enviroment the presentation of the food is nice but in taste no..iv been twice my friend been there and none like it,below medium...iam eprson that eat thai food not western and my reviw is on thai food,i have no idea the western type of food,the prices are higher than the normal and compare prices-food quality is not good,i found that the most vegs are precooked too.i don't understand suck nice ppl that they put their effort to this restaurant have this pure quality food

I wasn't impressed - Edit

The food was OK, but not excellent--portions were rather mediocre. Too much effort put into making it look pretty and not enough into the taste. It was comfortable inside with the air conditioning, but I didn't like how the owner's very large dog was allowed to walk around in the dining room. I also didn't care for the sappy Elton John ballads playing on the stereo. The menu was also a little too preachy on the merits of vegetarianism.

Pros: Air conditioning, roomy dining area

Cons: not great value, depressing music, dog in dining room

Great Food, Genuine Cause - Edit

The other good reviews have really said it all. This was my first time to eat here, and I was very impressed; it is a must-visit at least once while in Chiang Mai, even with so many great veggie restaurants to choose from.

I was a little suspicious at first (as with any organisation involving elephants) but the associated Elephant Nature Park appears to be a very genuine sanctuary for rescued elephants, and it is possible to stay and volunteer there while in Chiang Mai.

The only negative thing I could possibly say is that the serving size was rather small, but the quality more than made up for it! The free wifi is a bonus too!

Pros: Great food, Good cause, Free wifi

Cons: small portion size

Delicious Food/Great Atmosphere/Amazing People - Edit

This is my favorite place to eat in Chiang Mai! The food is amazing! They are very vegan friendly and I love being able to order yummy curries without having to worry the waiter didn't understand what I mean by no fish sauce/no oyster sauce. The owners and staff are very warm, kind and helpful! I am so glad I found this place and through this restaurant I learned about the Elephant Nature Park which was the best place I visited in Thailand. Be warned if you eat here once, you may wind up eating here every meal!

Pros: Nice Outdoor Seating, Yummy Vegan Thai Food, Lovely People

truly a taste from heaven - Edit

I ate in this restaurant nearly every day whilst in Chiang Mai recently and was impressed with the enthusiasm and passion of the owner Roy and his charming wife Nan. They put 100% into running this fairly new business and Roy dedicates a lot of his time and energy into helping the local Elephant sanctuary. The food and service were excellent. Food was good value and nicely presented and the restaurant had a nice ambience which enabled me to chill out, relax and enjoy my meals there.

Pros: excellent food, friendly staff, good value

not the best but still good - Edit

A 'Taste From Heaven' ad in Elephant Nature Park attracted our attention. It's the third veggie restaurant we tried in Chiang Mai after Aum and Khun Churn. Their avocado shake and mushroom satay are extremely good. Food is above average, though I still think Khun Churn and May Kaidee are the best in town. The staff are very friendly and speak good English.

Pros: good food, friendly staff

Wonderful, Tasty, Fresh, Clean and Cheap - Edit

This vegetarian restaurant was catch my eyes since i first came to Chiang Mai, i walked pass and saw from outside, very nice and clean. Once i walked inside, the owner and stuff were welcome me " Sawaddee Ka, welcome " It was impress me. I had Crispy Morning Glory for starter, it was amazing and i had Tom Yum in coconut was so tasty. After the meal, i ahd Apple Pie and Blueberry Cheese cake were wonderful.. Price here start from ฿39 and cheap. Everything is fresh, clean, nice and friendly...

I also did Cooking Class here. It's personal teach and i cooked 6 dishes, i was very enjoy here and i came here every single day. I would reccommend all Vegetarian to come to this restaurant and i'm sure you will like it here XXX

The best Vegetarian food, Great price and great se - Edit

I would say it was the best food, 1st time i went to this restaurant it was impress me. The lady who run the restaurant was sooo nice and friendly, staff are nice and friendly,too. Nice and clean both inside and outside. Price is unbeleivable. I had Hor-Mok in Cococnut and Fresh Spring roll were wonderful. I also had their Coffee, i can it was the best coffee I was in Chiangmai for a week, i went to this restaurant everyday. It WORTH and you should come to this restaurant if you are vegetarian... You will love there foods..

Not great but ok - Edit

Ate there, the portions aren't huge, but medium. The food is plain, and not always you get what you see in menu - I ordered som-tam, and got it without fried tofu, as on picture and in descripiton.
Also, the food there is full of garlic and onion. I had a stomach ache after eating there.
Then again the settings are nice, both outdoor and indoor area. Inside aircon works, and outside everything is green and neat! The place by itself seems to be well-run.
The prices are bit higher than in middle-ranged places with average 70-80 baht per dish.

Pros: Nice settings

Cons: Plain food for these prices

great food - Edit

I have eaten veggie food all over the world and this would have to be the best,,, clean and very friendly staff with such tasty food.good value with good service.
I really think its nice with proceeds going tyo help abused thai elephants and other animals.
very lovely Jungle garden.central loccation and so cheap for quailty food.

Pros: excellent food, friendly staff, good value

the place is amazing food! - Edit

thyis is the best veggie thia food i have had in my life. In fact i travel for a living,and will say thi9s is the best thai i have had in my life.... meat eatter will still love the flavour and taste sensation of this food. The owners are great people, the benefit is the elephants so its getting with karma.... great stuff, wish you where in london. Do yourself a favour and eat here... AAA rating, if this a top star restuarant. amanda

Pros: brilliant food, hugh portions, great service, great value

Return to Chiang Mai Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Taste from Heaven closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 7694 times since Jun 2008.