First Review by Merciless666

Saturday Lunch - Edit

It's a popular place on Saturday afternoon! Had grilled seitan, which comes with steamed veggies and a pepper sauce: good. It's in a slightly more upscale part of the city and the somewhat higher prices reflect this. I would come here again for a special evening meal with friends, but probably not again for lunch on the weekend as it was a little expensive for a quick meal.
Many dishes are vegan and others can be made vegan; the menu explains well.
One strange thing in the restaurant was a weak but unpleasant smell of melting or burning plastic [like when the plastic handle of a pot is heated and melts]; I don't know if this smell is normal there or only happened once by chance when I was there.

Pros: Good food, interesting choice of dishes, clear menu for vegan/vegetarian

Cons: slightly expensive for what you get

Creative - Edit

I accidentally found this rest. on internet and must say that its a great place to be. The restaurant is certainly not pocket friendly but don't bother about it when you are looking forward for a nice culinary evening with friends. Thier cakes are just amazing and so is food. I tried enchiladas (about 11 €) and they were tasty and freshly made like most of thier food is. The ambience is very cozy and warm and so is staff.
I totally recommend this restaurant for people who are up for trying creatively made vegetarian and vegan food.

Pros: Creative, Fresh, Tasty

Cons: Slow service, Compact

Their Soup Rocked my World - Edit

I didnt think I liked carrot soup, but their carrot ginger creme soup (vegan) was the best soup I have ever had in my life. I have tried to recreate it with no success. Great selection, amazing service, wonderful ambience, good for a romantic date night :)

Pros: Delicious, Romantic, Beautiful restaurant

Decent food, but service needs some work - Edit

Came here for dinner with my BF. We ordered two mains, both of which came with a side salad. I thought the sesame/nut meal they put out as table seasoning was special and quite liked it. Saved the salad with a dressing a bit too thin.

The first main was a vegetable curry with brown rice topped with papadum. The whole dish was great except for the papadum which got soggy from sitting on a pile of hot food. Second main we had was cauliflower and potatoes in a cream sauce, which was OK. Then we had a slice of poppy seed cake for dessert. Was good, not too sweet.

Menu was in German, not sure if they keep an English version. I speak some German so it was fine by me. Many items can be made vegan upon request. A couple of cakes were vegan too. Our bill total was €26 without drinks, pretty reasonable considering the food quality and the serving size we got.

The problem I had with this place was the service. Our waitress had major attitude issues. I think it all started when we didn't order any drinks, she just snapped our menus and went off. We weren't given any bread either while all the tables around us got some. Even after we asked she only gave us the bread without the little bowl of dip that came with it as served to other tables. Not that the bread was important or anything, I just couldn't get her attitude and why she deliberately left us out.

Pros: good value

Cons: service

Amazing food, fantastic choice & great service! - Edit

The best vegetarian restaurant I have been to so far in Hamburg! The menu is full of choice, most dishes that are not listed as vegan can be made vegan upon request.

This is perfect for a night out, the outside seating was excellent, and the staff very friendly!

The main dishes cost between 10Euro and 15Euro, some starters were a little pricey but all the portion sizes are large.

The food is exciting and full of flavour, and the presentation is perfect.

A restaurant every veggie/vegan in Hamburg should visit. I will be going back again & again.

Pros: Taste, Choice, Staff

Bordering on Perfection - Edit

An astonishing little place in the Eppendorf district. Accessed by the yellow U3 line a few minutes walk from Eppendorfer Baum station. Since 1976 vegetarian meals have been served here which is a fantastic achievement. The restaurant is extremely welcoming, fabulous lighting with great seating arrangements. It's like being in someone's home and being looked after. The food is of a very high standard indeed and portion sizes are impressive. We had the mixed antipasi starter followed by sweet and sour tofu and aubergine curry served with rice and side salad. Absolutely delicious, but there wasn't much point to the side salad. Main courses are approx 11.50 EUR and a 0.5L carafe of wine is 10 EUR. They give you a free fresh fruit juice at the end of the meal. A truly impressive place.

Pros: friendly, food, atmosphere

Love it - Edit

Very tasty and good quality Food .
I go there a few Times a Week since Years and i Never was disapointed.
The Lunch is changeing every Day and it is Not exencive. The Diner cost a Bit more but it is worth it!!!
They prepare almost everything in vegan if u wish so

Good one!!! - Edit

It's in the wrong part of the town, that's why i just been there twice. The atmosphere is nice and cosy, though the staff is kinda slow.
Nice for a summer evening diner!
Check it out!!
Merciless526

Pros: resonable, friendly, nice outdoor eating

Cons: slow staff, not cheap

Good but SLLLOOOWW - Edit

We ate there about 2 weeks ago on a Saturday night. The servers are friendly and the food was good and good quality. The prices were a little high, but it was a nice place. However, it took well over 30 minutes to be waited on. And the rest of the meal was similarly slow. It might have been an off night and I would try it again.

Return to Hamburg Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Tassajara closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.