First Review by eloriah

Original and delicious - Edit

I've just moved in Vancouver and discovered this place while shopping on Broadway. It's a small but cosy bakery just across the street from Chapters at Granville, nicely decorated and with a couple of tables and chairs to enjoy your treat with a cup of coffee.

The original thing is that they sell exclusively tarts. The choice is surprisingly large, though, since they make both sweet and savoury tarts.
Most of the tarts are vegetarian, and they have a precise list of ingredients in case you have other preferences. They don't have any vegan options in store, but they do vegan catering.

I tried the feta, onions and sundried tomatoes tart, and the portobello mushroom tartlets. Everything was delicious and fresh.
I also tasted the sweet tarts: I didn't know the classic Canadian butter tart, but I am a fan of their recipe! The fruit one is also very good.

I really like the DIY spirit of this place: apparently, they make everything themselves (the pastry and the filling) with only natural ingredients and in small quantities. That's why they don't have always the same tarts, they sometimes change the fruits, for example, so it can be interesting to drop by now and then to see what they've got. That also explains the prices, somewhat higher than what you would find in franchise stores. You pay for what you get!

Pros: Original, Fresh, DIY

Cons: Vegan only with min order and notice

Return to Vancouver Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: TARTS Bakery closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.