Tarka Indian Kitchen

Contact 512- 246-1922

201 University Blvd, Round Rock, Texas, USA, 78665

Serves meat, vegan options available. Several locations in Texas. Menu has vegetarian section and marks V next to vegan items. Open Mon-Thu 11:00am-9:00pm, Fri-Sat 11:00am-10:00pm, Sun 11:00am-9:00pm.

Category: Lacto, Indian, Non-veg

First Review by CKT

Great Indian in Round Rock - Edit

This place is always a go-to for vegans and non-vegans alike. Things are clearly labeled. Chana Masala and Aloo Gobi are my faves. Good prices for Indian too.

Vegan Food So Good, Even Omnis Will Eat It! - Edit

When I go here with my family (all omnivores, I'm the only vegan freak), they eat 95% vegan (save for the garlic naan, which I hear is too good to skip). My favorite dishes are Aloo Ghobi (the cauliflower is cooked perfectly), Minced Vegetable Kabob (think Indian veggie burger), Madras Soup (tastes like creamy tomato bisque with a kick), Samosas (they are huge!) and Vegetable Pakoras (like Indian veggie tempura). You can't beat the prices either: this is one of two Indian places in Austin I've been to with clearly labeled food options AND good prices. It is also great for the Indian newbies: it's by the creators of clay pit, but it's more like Firebowl meets Indian food :) You can adjust the spice and ask tons of questions. Mighty tasty! Don't miss this place!

Pros: Good price, Tasty food, Great for Indian first timers

Cons: Needs more locations!, Wish they vegan lassis and desserts

Return to Round Rock Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Tarka Indian Kitchen closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.