Tarifa EcoCenter

Contact +34-956627220

San Sebastian 6, Cadiz (at Av Andalucia), Tarifa, Spain, 11380

A center for the promotion of individual health (body and mind), environmental awareness and social justice. It includes a vegetarian organic restaurant, a pizzeria with wood oven, an eco-shop, natural cosmetics, and a library specializing in health and environment. A holistic center with yoga, pilates, massages, therapies, natural medicine, etc. Holds live music events on Sunday nights and special occasions. See Facebook page for more details. Open Mon-Sun 9:00am-12:00am. Closed January and February.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Pizza, Italian, Organic, Western, Beer/Wine, Spanish

First Review by oompaprincess

Amazing food! - Edit

Very tasty food! Great atmosphere and food was very nicely presented. It seems like they have put a lot of effort into the food and every dish has got it's own unique flavour.

Pros: Vegan options are clearly marked, Cozy atmosphere

woah! Amazing good! - Edit

Nice chilled atmosphere and amazing food! I had the Dahl and it was presented so nicely and was soooo delicious!

Pros: lots of vegan options that are clearly labeled

Cons: none

Lovely pizzas - Edit

I spent last week end in Tarifa with my girlfriend and on Saturday we had lunch at the Tarifa EcoCenter.

The place is big and pleasant, the waiters were amazingly friendly and smiley, that's always appreciated.

We had a look at the menu, a lot of choice although I guess it's a bit pricey. In the end we decided for a couple of pizzas, one vegan and one "del bosque" with mushrooms artichokes and mozzarella. They have a wood oven, and the pizza maker was clearly Italian (I'm 99% sure because I'm Italian and because he was making jokes in Italian...), and in fact the pizzas were really really good.

We also got some lemonades, unfortunately not fresh, but they use high quality organic lemonades in cans.

We enjoyed our time there!

PS: contrarily to a previous comment, I think that everything was vegetarian!
Updated from previous review on Wednesday August 13, 2014

Pros: Friendly staff, Lovely pizzas, Nice location

Cons: A bit pricey

Just perfect! - Edit

A lovely place, with really good service. The food is amazing and for a really good price. Located at a nice spot, not difficult to find at all. My BF and I fell in love with the place!

Pros: Service, Good prices, Cozy atmosphere

Great place with neat atmosphere - Edit

This place is one of my favourites. The inside decor is beautiful and has a very relaxed setting - there are lovely tables with coloured wooden slats covered by a glassplate which looks very sophisticated, candles and large wineglasses on top - a really big chalkboard with specials on them and the wines they have. It has a modern but romantic feeling to it.
The menu is in English and it has a decent amount of vegan options: the waitress explained the whole menu in English as well and was very friendly and patiently willing to inform us about what was vegan and what not. We had a lovely pizza baked in the wooden oven. For dessert I had a grape sorbet which was something quite special: among other ingredients it was crushed ice with grapes in a champaign glass with straw.

Furthermore, it IS a vegetarian restaurant, they serve don't serve meat!

Pros: Excellent food, Very nice staff, Beautiful restaurant

Surprisingly Good Meal - Edit

Vegetalycual is the name of the restaurant at Tarifa EcoCenter. My wife & I split a nice salad and ordered 2 nice vegan rice & vegetable dishes -- paella & with mushrooms. Great tea & beverage selection. Friendly staff, though limited English. Fortunately, a former server was hanging out & able to help us.
It may be open for dinner only Fri & Sat, plus special occasions. It was showing a movie & open for dinner on the Thursday we were there.

Pros: several good vegan choices, friendly staff, great teas

Cons: may be closed most nights

Busy - Edit

I went to this restaurant with 11 people, so first let me say we weren't the average table. The menu is NOT terribly varied, so if you're not a fan of pizza, I wouldn't bother. The help wasn't all that nice, and it was very expensive.

Pros: veggie friendly

Cons: staff , pizza only, price

Looks small on the outside but big on the inside - Edit

I came accross the EcoCenter in Tarifa by pure chance and its a shame that their sign outside does not convey the fantastic food they make. They offer breakfast (Mo-Fr), Lunch (Tue-Sun i think) and Evening meals (thu,Fri Sat). There Pizzas are massive (enough to share) and they also have a lunch menu for around 10 Euros. I had a Creme of Broccoli Soup which was divine, Pizza Campensina and a fabulous chocolate tarte. After that I exploded so I recommend that you share. They have organic alcohol as well as conventional. The Green Juniper Gin with Tonic is recommended after a heavy meal... On Fri and Sat they have life music. The Ecocenter also offers massage, Yoga, German Bakery and lots more connected to Eco. Definitely a thumps up for me.

Pros: excellent food, relaxed atmosphere, a complete eco experience

Cons: hard to find, poorly signposted, hard to resist

Return to Tarifa Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Tarifa EcoCenter closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.