The Grey Eagle Taqueria

Contact 828-352-8226

185 Clingman Ave, Asheville, North Carolina, USA, 28801

Serves meat, vegan options available. Formerly Taqueria Con Cuida. Has seitan and tempeh renditions of taqueria classics, house-made lentil based chorizo, kale fiambre, curtido (Salvadoran fermented cabbage), and a few other veg suitable sides. Open Mon-Sat 12:00pm-8:00pm.

Category: Lacto, Delivery, Take-out, Mexican, Latin American, Non-veg

First Review by tcasalena

Vegan Options for Tacos/Salads/Burritios & Sides - Edit

This food spot located inside of The Grey Eagle has changed names and cooks a number of times. But, at least, for the last several years, I believe it has been a taco spot ...

I recently ate at the latest incarnation -- The Grey Eagle Taqueria -- and I have to say that my most recent experience was the best experience I've had. The "Lentil Chorizo" and "Tempeh Asada" we both good taco/salad/burrito proteins (and OF COURSE it's nice to be able to choose between more than one vegan protein option in a taco spot). And, additionally, the sides we ordered -- the small Fiambre salad, and the rice and beans -- were both rather hearty and tasty.

The two complaints I have had about previous incarnations of this kitchen were that I felt like I spent more than I wanted to when I went there, and that the sides were kinda small. But, neither of these were the case when I most recently visited The Grey Eagle Taqueria. So, I imagine I'll be back there quite soon.

Pros: a couple vegan protein options, hearty vegan sides

dive bar deliciouso - Edit

In a dive bar in the river arts district. Check out all the galleries and studios and head over for some grub. Lots of vegan options, super friendly staff, awesome tacos. The vegan chorizo is made in house and is really good (it's spicy)

Pros: taste , staff

Return to Asheville Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Grey Eagle Taqueria closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.