Taproot Cider House

300 E Front St (at downtown), Traverse City, Michigan, USA, 49684

Serves meat, vegan options available. Bar and restaurant offering substantial salads, and the staff is willing to adapt many dishes to vegan. One could get peas & carrot fries; layered beet salad; black bean burger; and vegan pizza with kale. Just ask. Open Mon-Sat 11:00am-10:00pm, Sun 11:00am-9:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, American, Pizza, Organic, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by ArielKlein

Evening at Taproot - Edit

I was SO looking forward to this establishment! A place that is great for people that are gluten free AND also vegan!! It sounded too good to be true. I ordered a flight of cider ~ They were all ok but it was a very small flight. Usually you get a decent amount to taste, this was about a shot and it was expensive. Then we ordered a gluten free/vegan pizza and the vegan black bean burger. Both items were described as fresh and "house made". But both items were frozen and had clearly been a bulk purchased item. Not that those are always bad but when something is described as fresh and house made, I am expecting a GREAT item.

Food/drinks were sub par. Staff was not polite. The bartender/greeter was drinking at the bar. The waitress was too busy to bother with us much ~ although there was only us and another couple present. The evening was costly and not so great. We will not return.

Taproot 10 Feb 2018 - Nothing that is served at Taproot is frozen or from a box. In fact there is an executive baker and chef on hand that make everything from scratch. We use local & organic ingredients and support our farmers year round. We have a reputation for a great Black Bean burger and have regulars that come back for our house-made GF pizzas. Our cider pours are 3oz each and a total of 12oz with a chance to try 4 of 17 local ciders on draft. We are a small business supporting numerous farmers and MI businesses and care about the health of the environment and community.

The staff on the hand is another issue, I have high expectations for service and anything less then great service is not ok. I apologies for your experience and a staff member drinking on the job is completely unacceptable and grounds for termination. I would like a chance to have you back for a better experience, please email me at taproottc@gmail.com to discuss further how I can make this up to you.

Vegan and GF friendly - Edit

Very accommodating to vegans! Expensive food and drinks, but high quality.

Pros: vegan cheese, tofu, gluten free wraps

Cons: expensive

Return to Traverse City Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Taproot Cider House closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.