First Review by Lx5iv

low key and tasty - Edit

Had the faux chicken sandwich which did not disappoint! I found it to be delicious! And my husband loved his food and the beer selection is good as well. Very good service, waiter was polite and attentive to us.

Pros: relaxed atmosphere , beer, convenient location

new vegan menu - Edit

I went in because I heard they had a new Vegan menu, I was not disappointed! The chef came out and spoke with me and explained all the new items. I was happy to have so many options and the food was wonderful! I will Def be frequenting

"chicken" sandwich - Edit

it is literally the best rendition of chicken iv had in my 6 years vegetarian and coming up on 5 vegan, i highly recommend it... the chili fries on the other hand, not so much but i don't usually like chili anyway so maybe it would be delicious to someone else :)

Pros: Food, price, atmosphere

Cons: small menu

Good Veggie Burger - Edit

I ordered the veggie burger and it was very good and not just a cooked boca burger. Although I never tried the veggie chicken there, I have heard it is quite amazing as well.

Pros: Good Food, Good Value, Good Portions

Great Place - Edit

As of this post they are reworking the kitchen, so the vegan chili fries are off the menu, but the vegan burger and chicken sandwiches are still on. Ordered both - quite good. The burger seemed a little too good, actually, so I stared at it for a while to make sure I wasn't eating real beef.
The bar-side atmosphere is great, but unfortunately that's the smoking side. Less interesting on the non-smoking side, but still cool. Fantastic beer selection, w/ 32 on tap. For those also trying to save the planet by not getting bottled beer, this is heaven.

I love college towns where you're always likely to find places that are vegan friendly -AND- serve hooch.

Definitely making this a requirement everytime I have a business trip down that way.

Pros: Beer, vegan options w/ fake mayonnaise!

Try the Chickette sandwich! - Edit

The fried chickette sandwich is wonderfully fattening and good (they have vegan mayo, too)! It is great to sit on the patio and sip some great beer and enjoy that sandwich (they also have a tempeh BLT, but it isn't as good...)

However, the inside atmosphere sucks: sparse furnishings, shaky tables, a fair amount of smoke and 9 times out of 10 if they have a band they are terrible and the sound inescapable (thereby negating the greatness of the sandwich.)

Pros: great beer, great fried food, jumpin patio

Cons: dreadful music, junky indoor atmosphere, people busting in on you in the bathroom

awesome! - Edit

I've been a vegan for 3 1/2 years and the Tap House was one of the first veggie friendly places I visited. Today, I still go regularly and enjoy everything I eat!

Return to Norfolk Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Tap House Grill closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2345 times since Aug 2007.