Tao Vege Cafe

• Vegan
Contact 03-5728-2694

Shibuya-ku, Ebisunishi1-33-36, Daikanyama MB 2F, Tokyo, Japan,

Small vegan cafe located in a beauty salon; a 2 minutes walk from Daikanyama station. Also has vegan sweets available for take out. Produced by the same people from Cafe Topinambour in Kunitachi. closed Tuesday and 1st/3rd Mon.

Category: Vegan, Japanese, Western, Take-out

First Review by HardJenya

Warm and friendly - Edit

When I first got there, there wasn't any seats available but I only had to wait about 5 minutes. There is no English menu but the staff are very friendly, and there are pictures so I just chose what looked the best. The food was good, the miso soup was my favourite part of the dish. Little off of the main road but it's easy to find.

Well worth a visit. - Edit

My boyfriend and I shared the rice/vegetable/soy meat set and the curry rice set (both around 1000¥). Both were delicious and came with miso soup. Afterwards we shared a homemade blueberry muffin (360¥) which was really delicious! I won't come again but purely because there are so many other vegan places around to try! There isn't an English menu so we chose the set that was pictured and the curry that the waitress mentioned as it is the same word in Japanese so there were things we may have preferred but weren't aware of. Still a great experience!

Pros: Price, Quality, Atmosphere

Cons: No English menu/few pictures

I loved this place - Edit

I think I've eaten here 3 times now and thought it was great every time. It's upstairs with a big window overlooking the street. The staff was very sweet, though they don't speak much if any English. The menu is not very extensive, but everything I had was delicious.

It just OK - Edit

The place is good,but its not what I'm expected.
They do only lunch. And the time when we came they had only carry. The taste is good,but not enough for us.

Updated from previous review on Monday May 05, 2014

Pros: good area,easy to found , friendly staff

Cons: the shop is to small, small menu

Return to Tokyo Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Tao Vege Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2297 times since Nov 2013.