CLOSED: Tanya's Cafe

Contact 02072257538

35 Ixworth Pl, Chelsea, West London, England, SW3 3QX

Raw food restaurant and beverage bar, in Chelsea since 2014. Drinks include juices, coffee with hazelnut milk, and cocktails. Serves plant-based burgers, raw chocolate cake, and a cashew cheese platter. Uses seasonal produce. Natural atmosphere. Reported fully vegan, Jul 2016. CONFIRMED CLOSED, NOV 2016. Open Tue-Sat 11:00am-10:00pm, Sun 11:00am-4:00pm.

Category: Vegan, Organic, Raw, Western, Juice bar

First Review by T0

Excellent - Edit

Tanya's does great food in a pleasant environment with gentle service. The menu offers an appealing variety of inventive dishes. It isn't a place one can feast on a shoestring (smallish portions with biggish prices), but it's a fantastic place for a high-quality splurge, light meal, or even just drinks and dessert.

Highly recommended. Enjoy!

Fab now fully vegan - Edit

Love that this place is now 100 percent vegan. I had the acai smoothie bowl and they were giving away a free bag of acai which was great. Love the setting with all the bright girly colours and the plants - perfect place for a brunch or healthy lunch! Small menu but plenty to choose from in terms of sweet and savoury dishes and all raw. Would recommend if you are in the area.

Pros: Vegan, Gluten free

Lovely vegan food in relaxed atmosphere - Edit

We can really recommend the ironman smoothy, pineapple and lots of greens to get your tastebuds going. The kids had nacho's, dips and sushirolls that are good for the vegan anxious and we had lovely salads, a great combination of raw and fermented vegetables and quinoa. We accompanied it with crisp Chardonnay. The cocos chocolate bite (raw Bounty!) and blueberry vegan cheesecake were really tasteful too.

Pros: Fast service, Fresh, organic food, Central location

Cons: Service charge added to the check

good but pricey - Edit

I ate the nachos, caramel slice and a cashew hot chocolate. The caramel slice was genuinely delicious! The nachos were nice and the cashew chocolate I would definitely give a miss!

Pros: nice setting, pretty presentation , nice food

Cons: expensive, not much atmosphere

Too expensive for the quality you get! - Edit

I want all the vegan-friendly eateries to flourish and grow, that's why I want to help this café to become better.

It took me a while to order since the prices were ao high. I finally decided for a smoothie, Nutmeg. It was bad, really bad. I had to change it for a juice instead. The juice, My Doctor, was ok but far from being worth £6.25.

This café need to change its strategy, either reduce the prices or improve the quality.

All te best!:)

Inspiring Gourmet Food - Edit

Being a vegan and also massively into nutrition, I don't often find fancy food that appeals to me (pretentiousness around eating puts me off too) so it's really nice to have Tanya's, where you know your food is going to be sensuous and exciting AND packed with healthy goodness. Because of the prices I only visit on special occasions or when I feel the urgent need for a serious treat, unless you count grabbing the odd warming, indulgent reishi latte on the way past, but knowing Tanya's is there makes London feel a little bit more like home. The service is always warmly friendly and prompt, and you can get everything to go if you don't have time to sit and savour. Love it.

Pros: magic food, lovely people, extensive menu

Cons: expensive, might not fill you up

Beautifully presented vegan raw dishes - Edit

As others mentioned, Tanya's is in the same building as myhotel but once you know that and look for myhotel it's easy to find.

The place itself is contemporary and light. Seating is mainly high benches and bar stools.

The menu has plenty of choices, both food and drink wise. We were there for a light lunch and while the cakes and hot drinks looked good too, we couldn't eat any more after our mains. While it's quite a casual place, presentation is taken seriously. The mains were tasty and beautifully.

Strict vegans want to check that the ingredients and avoid items with bee pollen.

Note that a discretionary service charge of 12.5% gets added to your bill. Found that a bit odd as unusual in London.

Closest underground station is South Kensington.

Pros: Beautiful presentation, Good selection, Attentive staff

Cons: Pricey, Location off the beaten track

Raw at its finest - Edit

The place is a bit hard to find (it shares the entrance with a hotel) but it is certainly worth the effort. I went around lunch time and it was real busy; the decor is modern, feels warm whilst having an airy, slightly edgy feel to it. The food itself was a great surprise- tasty and very imaginative. I got lasagna and my boyfriend went for the burger, and they were equally delicious. It was nothing like a cooked burger or traditional lasagna but that was probably the best part! A really inspiring meal. Initially I just wanted to go for a slice of cake, but I would have made a terrible mistake!

I have to say I am not a raw vegan and I have little experience with that type of cuisine. Tanya's got rid of my 'raw scepticism', proving that raw does not mean boring, cold or unsatisfying. Raw at Tanya's is delicious, full of flavor and filling.

Don't get fooled by the place calling itself a cafe, as they have a full on menu, not just cake and coffee. The staff (and Tanya herself) was lovely and helpful, even though it was crazy busy. Overall, it was a great aesthetic and sensual experience and I'll be back for more.It might be a tad expensive, but I assure you you'll get you money's worth.
Updated from previous review on Monday March 09, 2015

Pros: imaginative, tasty food, good service , nice décor

Cons: busy, a bit expensive (but worth the money)

amazing - Edit

Wow this place was such a great find! It is quite tucked away but no doubt because it has such amazing food people will hear about this place far and wide. Best raw food I've ever had hands down, and it's the only vegan place in chealse - wish I could eat there every day!

Pros: reasonable price, great atmosphere , food arrives quickly

Cons: don't expect a huge meal if your really hungry

best raw vegan!!! - Edit

Tanya's is clearly the best raw vegan restaurant I have been to (a worthy and even better replacement of the saf).
It's 100% vegan except a few cocktails that use bee pollen or honey.
We will be back for sure

Return to West London Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Tanya's Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 4207 times since Aug 2014.