Lacto
Beer/Wine
Middle Eastern
Portuguese
Non-veg

Serves meat, vegan options available. Mediterranean restaurant with many hummus dishes plus has a roasted cauliflower, falafel, and handful of other choices for vegans. Reservations are reported to be necessary. Open Tue-Sun 18:30-00:00.

Venue map for Tantura
漏 OpenStreetMap contributors

First Review by shawnSF

OfekSepton

Points +128

29 Dec 2023

Very recommended

Really nice place, great service, nice atmosphere In the restaurant, the food is really good and professionally made.

Updated from previous review on 2023-12-29

Pros: Food, Atmosphere, Service

Cons: Price

Ameliamangan

Points +228

16 Sep 2023

Delicious vegan options!

Bustling and lively atmosphere with various dishes that are vegan. So much flavour!

Slaughtermelon

Points +71

17 Aug 2023

Authentic and delicious

The place was overall a bit chaotic, but in a charming way, and the food was really good. Big portion sizes relatively cheap. Vegan food is labelled.

Pros: Vegan food is labeled, Delicious and authentic , Charming

Cons: A bit chaotic , Some chairs are uncomfortable

cadymunches

Points +49

27 Jun 2023

Amazing!!!

If I could give this 5 stars I would!!

So delicous and amazing atmosphere. The staff are also super nice馃槃

Pros: Atmosphere , Food , Staff

AdrianaKaczmarska

Points +76

25 Jun 2023

Amazing

Amazing food!! So many options too and healthy :)

Pros: Lots of vegan options , Delishhhhh

Robbelsteen

Points +420

20 Feb 2023

Best Middle Eastern food I've ever had

We ordered hummus with mushrooms and unions, falafel, pitas and the stuffed eggplant salad. It was all absolutely delicious, especially the mushrooms, which were grilled and tasted fantastic 馃槏 For dessert, I shared the baklava (which was a little dry and too crunchy) and chocolate truffles. The truffles were phenomenal and paired very well with the pistachio nuts it came with. I can definitely recommend coming here!

Pros: Affordable , Delicious food, Plenty of vegan options

Cons: Baklava is meh

DrewDoughan

12 Feb 2023

Amazing!!!

Go here if you like Mediterranean food!!

Pros: Lots of vegan options, Delicious, Nice ambiance

Cons: Smoked cauliflower was mid

SamPolder

Points +83

12 Aug 2022

YES YES YES! / Hummoes dat ookalweer?

When in Lisbon, pleas go here. The service is great, there is a lot of vegan/vegetarian food and it was so amazingly delicious. The safayech is something I never had before, it comes with the most amazing tzatziki I ever tasted.
The one thing I thought was a little weird, is that the pita鈥檚 van only be orderd for take away after 22:30 p.m. The waiter recommended us to order a hummus and extra falaffel, zo we could build our own.

Hier weten ze wel raad met hummus! Echt fantastisch lekker. De kant en klare pita鈥檚 zijn helaas voor afhaal na 22:30. Wij hebben een hummus shakshuka besteld (krijg je 2 pita鈥檚 bij) en los falafel. Zo konden we onze eigen pita bouwen. Mijn vriend (eet wel vlees) had de hummus meatballs. Ook zeer goed over te spreken.
Als voorgerechtje hadden we safayech met echt de beste tzatziki die ik ooit op heb.

Als je in Lissabon bent, 100% hier naartoe gaan!

Updated from previous review on 2022-08-12

Pros: Veel vega opties, Vriendelijke bediening, Snelle bediening

Cons: Rumoerig , Kant en klare pita鈥檚 alleen voor afhaal na 22:30 , Niet alles wordt tegelijkertijd uitgeserveerd

Suraido

Points +49

25 Jul 2022

Amazing experience

There were a bunch of different vegan things on the menu. The waiter let us know that we could also do a vegan tasting experience, which covers about 80% of the menu. We chose this and it turned out to be an amazing decision. So many different things to try and all the food was absolutely amazing. All the staff was super friendly as well. Can highly recommend this place! Would rate 5/5 stars if I could馃槃

JustynaKonieczny

Points +56

07 Jul 2022

Great little restaurant with fado music

I had an aubergine dish and it was very yummy!

DanaK29

Points +34

19 Jun 2022

Great meal

Our family had a great experience at Tantura. Make a reservation! Our family is vegan and there were great options. I highly recommend their homemade lemonade with date syrup! We loved mixing the mushroom hummus and tabouleh into pita. Staff were great as well and in a good location, easy to find. My husband enjoyed his local beer.

Pros: pita, lemonade

Cons: cauliflower puree needed other textures

or2005

Points +131

16 Sep 2021

Location is up the Trombeta st., not as shown!

Quick service, food is delicious

Nieve

Points +3840

31 Aug 2021

Not impressed

We went in for dinner and ordered the cauliflower hummus, eggplant salad, falafel, the one other vegan starter, and the bread with olives. We weren't overly impressed by any of the dishes, and I would not recommend the eggplant salad, it was swimming in sauce and was just not good. The falafel was the best of them, it did have nice flavor. I also have to say we found hair in two different dishes... one I ignore but two was just unfortunate.

Pros: Vegan options clearly labeled

LisaPenelope

Points +925

18 Jun 2021

Nice options, but the service

The food is great and not too expensive. The atmosphere is really nice. What I absolutely hated was the fact that I wanted to have a Falafel Wrap. They have them, but only for take away or after 10:30pm. This is absolutely ridiculous and they said they can鈥檛 do it because it would take too long. Well, if I am just ordering it as takeaway they have to do it either way so I don鈥檛 see the point in not offering it for normal guests.

The first and probably last time I went there.

Pros: Some vegan options

Cons: Most of the food is only available for takeaway

caro.lin

Points +347

26 May 2021

Amazing Israeli food

We went there for dinner the other week and ordered food there again today. The hummus is great, the tschug as well, bread and olives are yummy and the falafel are amazing. The service is fantastic and drinks are tasty as well. I鈥檇 give 5 stars if I could

shanagj

Points +18

Mostly Veg
01 Mar 2020

Cozy restaurant with fantastic food and service. Friendly waitstaff!

Excellent service. Enjoyed everything we ordered. Tasty tabouli, hummus, salads, bread, dessert and wine. A great evening out in Lisbon!

Pros: Delicious, Variety, Excellent service

MaricaMagistro

Points +36

04 Jan 2020

The best Smoked cauliflower ever

Small restaurant in Bairro Alto, with
many vegan options. There are different kinds of hummus and the smoked cauliflower was the best I ever ate.

MissDandelion

Points +38

14 Dec 2019

Reservation needed

Guys, you need a reservation before you come here, we wanted to eat 2 times here, unfortunately one time it was closed ( opens at 6 30 pm ) and the second time it was full. The staff is friendly and the restaurant was cosy

iwaz

30 Oct 2019

Delicious

Tried almost every vegan options available and it was super great 5(猸愶笍)

NatachaN贸brega

Points +1778

14 Mar 2019

SO many types of hummus

Wow, amazing place! We were so lucky to be the 4 of us, without reservation, and we were able to get a table straight away.
We shared a bottle of white wine, Tosca, which was very good and very reasonably priced.
They serve you immediately some beer bread (!) with 3 different sauces such as carrot, yoghurt and a green one I'm not sure of? All amazingly tasty.
We shared a couple of dishes such as Falafel, Pita bread with pepper hummus and a spinach pita.
A must go! Plus, the environment was so cosy and the total price came as a bargain! Also, very vegan/vegetarian friendly.

lizp

05 Feb 2019

amazing hummus + falafel

had the smoked cauliflower hummus, pita, israeli salad, some appetizers & house red wine, it was all great. would give 5 stars if the app allowed

Updated from previous review on 2019-02-01

Pros: Vegan options are clearly marked on the menu, Inexpensive

TerraMilo

Points +104

12 Sep 2018

Delicious food, lovely decor

I love this place. The dishes are so rich and flavorful. You鈥檒l be tempted to eat the bread they bring you but don鈥檛 do it. It鈥檚 so much and you won鈥檛 have room for all the other delicious food (and pita bread). I鈥檝e been twice and my meat-eating friends were just as satisfied as I was.

Pros: Vegan options, Delicious hummus!

Cons: Bread basket before the meal is too much, Hard to get a table - make a reservation

RuthMann

Points +44

03 Sep 2018

Friendly, tasty and lots of options

We had a very tasty family meal here with our non vegan son - menu is approx half vegetarian, quarter vegan and quarter meat. Salads and hummus lovely. Roast vegetables were gorgeous. Very good use of spices and herbs. Flavours made a real change from the other food we鈥檇 had in Portugal. Inexpensive compared to the other places we ate at (bill for the three of us came to about 鈧50 including two cocktails). Friendly service. Quite small - we got a walk on but were there quite early. Highly recommended.

JulietteSJL

Points +353

03 Aug 2018

Amazing vegan options

We had such a lovely experience here we went two nights in a row. Perfect falafel and humous and aubergine salad. Lovely service and very inexpensive. Vegan baklava and halva options were also delicious.

Pros: Perfect falafel, Delicious humous, Fluffy pita bread

Kyttiara

Points +1160

20 Feb 2018

Nice veggie friendly place

Lovely atmosphere and good foods.
The prices are reasonable, although the hummus plate is a bit pricey compared to the rest (around 7鈧).
The lady was super helpful and knew what was vegan or could be made vegan.
The falafels were okay but not incredibly tasty.
The cauliflower was extremely delicious, covered in tahin (sesame paste) !
Overall a very good experience.

Pros: loads of sesame paste, reasonable prices

22 Jan 2018

Great food! Highlight of our trip in regards of food :)

Restaurant has many vegan options. Tasty starters (cauliflower with tahini sauce!!), variety of hummuses, good wine. Very nice atmosphere.

CarlosG

Points +35

06 Dec 2017

Buen sitio

Pedimos humus de pimiento y falafel en pan de pita. Los dos platos estaban ricos. Trato superamable

Pros: barato