Tandoor Indian Grill

Contact 801-486-4542

733 East 3300 S, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA, 84106

Serves meat, vegan options available. Extensive menu includes South Indian cuisine, some vegetarian dishes - ask about dairy use. Previously was Bombay Express. Last 30 minutes of the day is take-out only. Open Mon-Sat 11:00am-10:00pm, Sun 11:30am-8:30pm.

Category: Lacto, Indian, Buffet, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by newveg7

Warning: Vegans must specify! - Edit

Update - Oct 2015 went here and ordered off the menu. Menu indicates "vegan-friendly" and that a V indicates Vegan, but we were served dishes containing dairy and cheese in them. When asked why it wasn't vegan, they stated that they "could be made vegan." I messaged the restaurant to please change their menu details, and indicate that it can be made vegan, rather that "indidicates vegan"

All their bread is marked with a V symbol, but I doubt that all their bread is really vegan. Please specify/ask!

-------------------------
Previous review on Friday July 04, 2014:

I tried the lunch buffet. I like the fresh pineapple and watermelon they had. Some items on the buffet were marked vegetarian, but it was unclear as to some items being vegan. There was not as many veg choices as other Indian buffets I've been to in Salt Lake. Most of the good looking main dishes had meat. I stuck with the sides, the fruit, and the soup. The food was pretty good, and I like that they serve Roti (Vegan bread) with the buffet. Not my favorite, but not bad.

Pros: Roti bread comes with buffet, Fresh fruit

Cons: Not tons of veg choices, Items not marked for vegans, Misleading menu indicators

great food great service - Edit

This is got to be one of the best Indian restaurants in the salt lake valley! Don't be fooled by their strip mall location this place is great! The buffet offers four to five veggie main course options daily and not the curry in a hurry variety. They also have several fried treats and sweet for after. Their cooks always offer a wide assortment to delight the pallet from all regions of India. Go for lunch any day of the week, they are always open.

Pros: great food and best service, fresh nan bread, tasty sweets and an assortment of sauces

Cons: location - exterior only

Good food, great people - Edit

When I walked in the restaurant we almost did not stay, it was a buffet. However we were glad we did. Although not a big buffet fan, this one was excellent. The food was well prepared and I tried most everything on the line that was vegetarian. I did not find one item I did not like. The servers were very helpful and the garlic bread they brought out to the table was very good. All a very good experience, we will be back.

Pros: great food, clean , very friendly

Cons: buffet style

Return to Salt Lake City Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Tandoor Indian Grill closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1242 times since Aug 2007.